Firstly, this zip is only available for Galaxy Nexus phones that are rooted. All others need not apply. Sorry. If you’re packing a rooted G-Nex with a custom recovery installed, follow the instructions below. Also, some people are reporting bugs with Photo Sphere – mine worked fine, but just know that there are issues for some.
This also works for the SGS3, but you have to be running the latest in CM10 builds, or in my case Liquid Jelly Bean RC7
1. Download the 4.2Camera.zip - Mirror file.
2. Place the zip file on the root of your phone’s storage.
Optional: Rename Gallery2.apk to something like Gallery2.apk.bak, or you'll have two Camera apps
3. Reboot into your recovery.
4. Just in case, make a backup.
5. Flash the 4.2Camera.zip file. (No need to wipe anything)
6. Once installed, reboot your phone.
7. Lastly, enjoy it!
Update: Photo Effects Now Work! (11/1/12)
Still looking into the locking up the camera when using autofocus. Until then peeps manually focus before hitting the button to take the shot.
*Don't like the 4.2 Camera? Well.....Revert back by flashing this StockCM-Cam Package!
Thanks to elesbb and defcomg we now have the Nexus 4 camera that works on any device....given it's up-to-date enough to work!