Originally Posted by droidan
Hi..here's the solution. (only for rooted Ics, not available for razr m/hd with OTA Jelly bean)
1. If you are on Jelly Bean, return to stock ICS.
2. You MUST root the phone.
3. Download Sqlite Editor from Play store. (Available for purchase)
4. Download ES Root Explorer from Play store.(Available for purchase)
5. Using explorer, go to data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases
6. find Settings.db inside the folder, copy and paste this file in the same folder.
7. Open the new file(settings-copy.db) with sqlite editor.
8. Find Preferred CDMA subscription, change the value from 0 to 1, save and exit.
9. Delete the original settings.db files, then rename settings-copy.db to settings.db
10. Return to home screen. Restart into boot loader. Choose BP tool to program.
11. From this point, you can do Nam programming on your phone with dfs/cdma-ws/qpst and the value will stick.
This method works on new Droid RAZR M, RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD with Rooted ICS only. Not working with Jelly Bean OTA, because there's no pref.cdma subscription inside the settings.db. Maybe we have to wait for full stock JB file.
Happy flashing guys..
Ok first let me say thanks. This is a push in the right direction I was able to get voice and text working. Razr M XT907
Followed the steps laid out but after changing setting to nv_only "done" was still grayed out when phone rebooted.
Booted phone back into bptools and using dfs checked setting sure enough nv_only had taken. So I manually pushed the min/mdn, cdma system id
after restarting the phone and going back to the user activation screen the fields were populated and the "done" button was available so I was able to write the settings to the phone.
After phone reboots settings have taken but the strange thing is when I try to activate the phone I get an Alltel activation that fails.
Not sure what is happening here but phone appears to be on Alltel network instead of Verizon as expected.
I booted back into bptools and manually loaded a new pageplus prl. Reboot the phone prl it is set to new one.
Then the phone dials out *28899 trying to activate on verizon but it also fails. Tried dialing *22800 to activate but the screen comes up
with " A Verizon Wireless SIM card has activated your service and updated your phone's roaming capabilities".
Doing a quick check of my setting and my cdma system id and prl have been changed. cmda 1015, prl 52952.
So it would seem that after the *28899 tried to activate it changed my settings.
Anyway to make a long story short voice and text work but cant get 3G to work, and apparently the phone is not activated
and the *28899 is dialing at random trying to activate. I have gone and changed my cdma back 443 and that seems to keep the
*28899 from coming up as often that could be my imagination.
Sorry if this rambles first time flashing a phone if anything needs clarification let me know I will try to explain better.