Android 4.2 Launcher backported to Jelly Bean

Search This thread

mystichobo

Sep 25, 2010
Stockholm
mystichobo.com
Hey Guys!
Spent a bit of time this arvo playing with the apk files from the 4.2 leak and decided to have a shot at backporting the launcher to work with Jelly Bean.

Pretty much all that is changed is a couple of strings which are obviously using new 4.2 things (but seem to be irrelevant to the launcher's functioning - stuff like accessibility levels I think they were), and changed the target API so it will work on 4.1.

It can be downloaded here:
http://d-h.st/hRk

Not sure what's new, but to me at least it seems a fair bit snappier at least compared to nova and apex.

I installed it like a normal app and it worked fine, but if you have the stock aosp launcher installed you may want to uninstall it.

Cheers,
hobo

Arrio

Nov 11, 2011
It does feel snappier, hopefully not a place boo effect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

dcunited08

Dec 28, 2010
Atlanta
Hey Guys!
Spent a bit of time this arvo playing with the apk files from the 4.2 leak and decided to have a shot at backporting the launcher to work with Jelly Bean.

Pretty much all that is changed is a couple of strings which are obviously using new 4.2 things (but seem to be irrelevant to the launcher's functioning - stuff like accessibility levels I think they were), and changed the target API so it will work on 4.1.

Not sure what's new, but to me at least it seems a fair bit snappier at least compared to nova and apex.

I installed it like a normal app and it worked fine, but if you have the stock aosp launcher installed you may want to uninstall it.

Cheers,
hobo

It appears to be missing the new functionality that is in 4.2 such as quick access to settings.

gencka

May 16, 2012
Prishtina
Hey Guys!

Cheers,
hobo

I can not install because I have stock launcher, I dont know how to uninstall launcher?

sert00

May 28, 2011
cesena,IT
yeah,honestly i don't see a gain in speed and smoothness..and i can't say is etter than nova or apex..only the same from what i see.thanks for the apk OP!;)

lowlow5683

Jun 1, 2012
I'm running aokp 4.1.2 unofficial and no matter what I do it won't let me install this launcher please help maybe I'm me missing something

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
I'm running aokp 4.1.2 unofficial and no matter what I do it won't let me install this launcher please help maybe I'm me missing something

Just use a file explorer and move the apk to system/app and fix permissions... reboot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Does this have anything to do with the lock screen widgets?

No this is only a launcher

lowlow5683

Jun 1, 2012
Just use a file explorer and move the apk to system/app and fix permissions... reboot

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

No this is only a launcher

Thanks I knew it was something simple having a noob moment thanks

gnustomp

Nov 1, 2012
The toggles widget seems to be missing. It's probably been removed because of Quick Settings.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
I do notice the lag from the 4.1 launcher is gone. The lag where say you're closing an app/window and it shows the closing animation and you change screens there would be a huge stutter. Now when I do that there is no lag at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys!

Cheers,
    hobo
    It appears to be missing the new functionality that is in 4.2 such as quick access to settings.

That has nothing to do with the launcher. That's most likely within the SystemUI.apk, the Framework, or both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    The same launcher from official 4.2.2 stock build with enhanced wallpaper quality and reduced size.
    4.1.2 compatible / Auto-rotation enabled.
    Install it like a normal app.
    Just to share