FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

 View Poll Results: Which carrier do you mostly download stock firmware for?

AT&T
 
1,499 Vote(s)
71.08%
Bell
 
133 Vote(s)
6.31%
FMC (Unknown)
 
24 Vote(s)
1.14%
Koodo Mobile
 
24 Vote(s)
1.14%
Puerto Rico (PCT)
 
21 Vote(s)
1.00%
Rogers
 
190 Vote(s)
9.01%
Sasktel
 
13 Vote(s)
0.62%
Telcel
 
62 Vote(s)
2.94%
Telus
 
100 Vote(s)
4.74%
T-Mobile
 
153 Vote(s)
7.25%

Stock ROM Firmware Download Links HERE

325 posts
Thanks Meter: 316
 
By meanhacker, Senior Member on 1st November 2012, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd November 2012, 06:49 PM |#11  
meanhacker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast3300

Are these odin or cwm? Odexed? And thank you for these!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

These are for Odin. Odexed? what does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrambled

They're .rar files so I'm assuming Odin. Downloading right now to see what's in it...

EDIT: They're for Odin



I think you meant to say "OTA to LH9". I'd also mention that LH9 includes an annoying script that re-installs stock recovery on reboot, so if you plan to root and use a custom recovery like cwm or twrp, make sure you flash the remove-ota-recovery.zip file located here the first time you boot into custom recovery on LH9 so the annoying stock recovery doesn't keep coming back.


thanks, i will add the link to the main post
Last edited by meanhacker; 2nd November 2012 at 11:33 PM.
 
 
2nd November 2012, 07:11 PM |#12  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 871
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrambled

They're .rar files so I'm assuming Odin. Downloading right now to see what's in it...

EDIT: They're for Odin



I think you meant to say "OTA to LH9". I'd also mention that LH9 includes an annoying script that re-installs stock recovery on reboot, so if you plan to root and use a custom recovery like cwm or twrp, make sure you flash the remove-ota-recovery.zip file located here the first time you boot into custom recovery on LH9 so the annoying stock recovery doesn't keep coming back.

Yes you are correct. I did not pay attention when i post it... Thanks for correction..
2nd November 2012, 10:07 PM |#13  
mrhaley30705's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,412
 
Donate to Me
More
If these are the stock firmware, it is most likely odexed.
2nd November 2012, 10:13 PM |#14  
meanhacker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705

If these are the stock firmware, it is most likely odexed.

so what are deodexed roms? what does odexed stand for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadudwadia

which one is the latest/newer one of the two? I couldnt tell

I747UCALG1 is newer
Last edited by meanhacker; 2nd November 2012 at 11:33 PM.
2nd November 2012, 10:20 PM |#15  
mrhaley30705's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,412
 
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1903437

The answer you seek is here.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 11:33 PM |#16  
meanhacker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1903437

The answer you seek is here.

thank you sir!
2nd November 2012, 11:39 PM |#17  
pickupman66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Podunk, Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 270
 
Donate to Me
More
im guessing there is no root here at all either. do they include kernel and Modem?
3rd November 2012, 12:20 AM |#18  
meanhacker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman66

im guessing there is no root here at all either. do they include kernel and Modem?

no, no root. clean roms. there is a modem thread out there already
3rd November 2012, 12:41 AM |#19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have a rogers S3. Can I install at&t stock rom on it?

Reason is that after installing a custom rom on the phone, my gps have stopped working. So now I want to flash the stock rom using Odin from toolkit to fix the issue.
3rd November 2012, 12:47 AM |#20  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 871
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwo

I have a rogers S3. Can I install at&t stock rom on it?

Reason is that after installing a custom rom on the phone, my gps have stopped working. So now I want to flash the stock rom using Odin from toolkit to fix the issue.

Stock rogers latest is SGH-I747M_RWC_I747MVLALH1_I747MOYAALH1_I747MVLLH1.zip is HERE if promp for password it should be "sampro.pl" w/o quotes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norbarb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2012, 02:05 AM |#21  
jon3sh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 575
 
More
Been looking for a stock rom link finally there is one. Thanks

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stock rom download odin firmware
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes