Lte!!!! Holy poop nugget

Search This thread

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
I was so excited to be grabbing LTE at work. My building kills cell signals so bad. I'm lucky to get 200kbps on a good day. No wimax out here.

Soon as I got to work the 4g signal popped up and I can grab 1.6 to 3.4mbps. That's not a big deal to most, but it's awesome to me. LTE isn't even officially out in my neck of the woods. SF East Bay (Contra Costa).

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium.

Sir Alphonse

Oct 3, 2010
systemwars.com
getting 4g around my home.
293313734.png

this was taking around 242 street bronx/

theoner1

Oct 10, 2008
I was so excited to be grabbing LTE at work. My building kills cell signals so bad. I'm lucky to get 200kbps on a good day. No wimax out here.

Soon as I got to work the 4g signal popped up and I can grab 1.6 to 3.4mbps. That's not a big deal to most, but it's awesome to me. LTE isn't even officially out in my neck of the woods. SF East Bay (Contra Costa).

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium.

yep, pick up 4g in some parts of martinez, pacheco, and walnut creek.

viperv303

Nov 18, 2005
Maryland
Finally saw the 4g icon last night in baltimore. It was rather twitchy. Despite having full signal outside, if I went inside itd switch back to 3g. Still with full signal. Maybe thats the nature of lte.

Eitherway, got to run a speed test. Liking the results. Its faster than my old wimax. Cant wait for this to be around dc.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353866861756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353866861756.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 232

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Finally saw the 4g icon last night in baltimore. It was rather twitchy. Despite having full signal outside, if I went inside itd switch back to 3g. Still with full signal. Maybe thats the nature of lte.

Eitherway, got to run a speed test. Liking the results. Its faster than my old wimax. Cant wait for this to be around dc.

Yea I read somewhere that the phone signal has nothing to do with lte. They say even if you have full bars or weak signals it doesn't effect lte because it is separate, only way to check lte signal is by punching in some codes in the dialer pad to get into these settings where then you can actually see the actual strength of signal for lte.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
Yea I read somewhere that the phone signal has nothing to do with lte. They say even if you have full bars or weak signals it doesn't effect lte because it is separate, only way to check lte signal is by punching in some codes in the dialer pad to get into these settings where then you can actually see the actual strength of signal for lte.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Correct, you need to check your actual lte signal. You might be connecting to a very distant LTE site.

Sent from a little old Note 2

1999TL

Jul 28, 2007
Washington D.C.
Damn I'm in d.c. hopefully Lte lights up soon here. These dual up speeds on 3g really cripple the device
Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

viperv303

Nov 18, 2005
Maryland
Damn I'm in d.c. hopefully Lte lights up soon here. These dual up speeds on 3g really cripple the device
Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Some parts of DC are getting LTE now. Saw mine switch for a bit the other day when walking around the verizon center. Seem its only around that area and on the mall that it works.

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
Check with the sensorly app and be sure to map any new areas. Warning it is addictive and causes your gas bill to go up ;)

Sent from a little old Note 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I was sitting at work and bam, 4g came on, way to go sprint!!!! (Shentel for my area) So glad I hung in there, screw the haters!!!!

Sent from my G Note 2 using xda app-developers app
    I know, it's on, but I still feel like they're testing it, still goes off and on from time to time, but when it's on..oooohhhh boy is this fast,lol

On my $3 but I got great LTE tests in my area today done inside the bank
    pa6eqeza.jpg

Sent front my Samsung Galaxy SIII Epic 4GLTE Touch
    On my $3 but I got great LTE tests in my area today done inside the bank
    pa6eqeza.jpg

Sent front my Samsung Galaxy SIII Epic 4GLTE Touch

D@MN you Texas!!!!! Lol, but great speeds man, I still haven't seen anything near that in good ol pa, shentel needs to hurry up!!! But for the test site, I pretty much get lte in the majority of areas I go to, and at least get 2mb down at home if I'm not using wifi for 3g