Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer for the next version?
Intergalactic V 11 61.11%
Intergalactic 5 4 22.22%
I don't care, just give me more! 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] Intergalactic v4.1 [AllianceRom][UCUEMJB][4.3][1/8/2014]

Tip us?
 
stratatak7
Old
#1251  
stratatak7's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Swappa Representative - OP
Thanks Meter 2,505
Posts: 1,556
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
Just about 10% more and you'll know. Am trying to kill the battery. And yes sir I noticed you got my thanks counter to 1000

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Oh this sounds exciting actually...hopefully...you have my fullest attention sir.
The Following User Says Thank You to stratatak7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
diablo009
Old
(Last edited by diablo009; 24th February 2013 at 07:20 AM.)
#1252  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,343
Posts: 5,534
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Default Re: [ROM] Intergalactic v2.6 [UCDLK3][2/23/2013]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratatak7 View Post
Oh this sounds exciting actually...hopefully...you have my fullest attention sir.
TBH, updating to this ROM has been good for me until now. I use voice and swype the most... And use the bundled android keyboard. And this one has voice too working in it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium


T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted


All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages


Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stratatak7
Old
#1253  
stratatak7's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Swappa Representative - OP
Thanks Meter 2,505
Posts: 1,556
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
TBH, updating to this ROM has been good for me until now. I use voice and swype the most... And use the bundled android keyboard. And this one has voice too working in it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Well that doesn't sound good...glad voice is working, but what is the "up until now" issue? I haven't noticed anything yet. What's going on? If it's something bad, I want to work on it and fix it immediately.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stratatak7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
diablo009
Old
(Last edited by diablo009; 24th February 2013 at 07:22 AM.)
#1254  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,343
Posts: 5,534
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Battery Full Battery Life screenshots - v2.6

I am by far very impressed... Never thought even remotely I'd get this level of battery...


Conditions:

Battery Charge at start: 100%
Battery Charge at end: 2%

Brightness: Auto, 100% of the time
Power save mode: On
Smart Stay: Off

4G LTE: 100% of the time

Wallpaper: 100% colorful (no dark themes, plus the apps I used all had light backgrounds, with the exception of XDA with dark theme. I uninstalled dark gmail, and loaded the regular version from market).

Underclock: Max at 1.02 GHz
Governer: Powersave

Animations: All on, at 0.5 seconds (instead of default 1 second)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Outcome:

Time on battery: 10 hours 42 minutes 0 seconds
Screen on time: 5 hours 11 minutes 2 seconds
Call time: 0 0 0
Lag: None


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks: Mr.Wesley for all this hard and selfless work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-02-04-40.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1756239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-02-04-50.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1756240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-02-04-59.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1756241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-02-05-08.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1756242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-02-05-43.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1756243  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-02-06-02.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1756244  


T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted


All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages


Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
diablo009
Old
#1255  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,343
Posts: 5,534
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratatak7 View Post
Well that doesn't sound good...glad voice is working, but what is the "up until now" issue? I haven't noticed anything yet. What's going on? If it's something bad, I want to work on it and fix it immediately.
My bad. I used that term as in our work place where we say "until now" or "thus far". Sorry about the confusion.


T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted


All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages


Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stratatak7
Old
(Last edited by stratatak7; 24th February 2013 at 07:43 AM.)
#1256  
stratatak7's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Swappa Representative - OP
Thanks Meter 2,505
Posts: 1,556
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
I am by far very impressed... Never thought even remotely I'd get this level of battery...


Conditions:

Battery Charge at start: 100%
Battery Charge at end: 2%

Brightness: Auto, 100% of the time
Power save mode: On
Smart Stay: Off

4G LTE: 100% of the time

Wallpaper: 100% colorful (no dark themes, plus the apps I used all had light backgrounds, with the exception of XDA with dark theme. I uninstalled dark gmail, and loaded the regular version from market).

Underclock: Max at 1.02 GHz
Governer: Powersave

Animations: All on, at 0.5 seconds (instead of default 1 second)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Outcome:

Time on battery: 10 hours 42 minutes 0 seconds
Screen on time: 5 hours 11 minutes 2 seconds
Call time: 0 0 0
Lag: None


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks: Mr.Wesley for all this hard and selfless work
Man, and here you had me ready to start making changes. I thought I failed hard somewhere. lol. Your battery life is insane for what you're doing with the device. You tried really hard to kill the device today didn't you? hah. I'm just happy that there doesn't appear to be an issue and that the new kernel with optimizations is treating you well. Like I said, I'm very very happy with this release. I'm hoping that everyone else is experiencing the same luck that you and I are.

Oh and don't worry about it...I was the one who read incorrectly. I'm just relieved that you had such wonderful things to say. Your input is critical to development, as you've been with me for ages and have data to compare.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stratatak7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
diablo009
Old
#1257  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,343
Posts: 5,534
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratatak7 View Post
Man, and here you had me ready to start making changes. I thought I failed hard somewhere. lol. Your battery life is insane for what you're doing with the device. You tried really hard to kill the device today didn't you? hah. I'm just happy that there doesn't appear to be an issue and that the new kernel with optimizations is treating you well. Like I said, I'm very very happy with this release. I'm hoping that everyone else is experiencing the same luck that you and I are.
Yes... Esp cos 0% of the time was spent in songs or videos.. I feel playing them isn't really a real life test... 'cos from my experience, if a phone gives 5 hours on 4G browsing/calls... it would give nearly 7-8 hours in terms of viewing videos. So I literally had to search for ways I keep the phone active like I was doing my day to day tasks.

And now I get this --> Sorry, you are limited to 8 thanks per day

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratatak7 View Post
Oh and don't worry about it...I was the one who read incorrectly. I'm just relieved that you had such wonderful things to say. Your input is critical to development, as you've been with me for ages and have data to compare.
You sure have a way with your words.


T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted


All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages


Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
The Following User Says Thank You to diablo009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stratatak7
Old
#1258  
stratatak7's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Swappa Representative - OP
Thanks Meter 2,505
Posts: 1,556
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] Intergalactic v2.6 [UCDLK3][2/23/2013]

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
Yes... Esp cos 0% of the time was spent in songs or videos.. I feel playing them isn't really a real life test... 'cos from my experience, if a phone gives 5 hours on 4G browsing/calls... it would give nearly 7-8 hours in terms of viewing videos. So I literally had to search for ways I keep the phone active like I was doing my day to day tasks.

And now I get this --> Sorry, you are limited to 8 thanks per day

You sure have a way with your words.
Thanks mate. I'm happy it worked out for you. Here are my results from today. I have been traveling all over the place while visiting my sister for the weekend and I'm still trying hard to kill it. Also, the xda app allows for unlimited thanks. It's been rather useful for me today with all these people to thank for their kind words and support.

I'm still at 22%. I've been on 3G with shoddy signal for a lot of the day. This is the battery level I used to get out of ICS. I am incredibly happy. I should mention power saving mode is off and I have not underclocked. I'm simply running the build the way it comes out of the box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361692344332.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1756272   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361692363012.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1756277   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361692375377.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1756278  
The Following User Says Thank You to stratatak7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
diablo009
Old
#1259  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,343
Posts: 5,534
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
From what I know, power saving mode reduces screen refresh rate from normal 60 (when set to off) to 40 (when set to on). I have had this on all the time... and don't really notice much difference even when playing full 3D games. So I just leave it on all the time.

Exception of power saving mode is only one game... Fruit Ninja... This too I realized cos my wife plays this game a lot, and I have hers under clocked to 1.02. Maybe game isn't optimized well...


T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted


All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages


Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
 
stratatak7
Old
#1260  
stratatak7's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Swappa Representative - OP
Thanks Meter 2,505
Posts: 1,556
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
From what I know, power saving mode reduces screen refresh rate from normal 60 (when set to off) to 40 (when set to on). I have had this on all the time... and don't really notice much difference even when playing full 3D games. So I just leave it on all the time.

Exception of power saving mode is only one game... Fruit Ninja... This too I realized cos my wife plays this game a lot, and I have hers under clocked to 1.02. Maybe game isn't optimized well...
Fruit ninja was a fun game but I was never addicted. Also, you are correct about the framerate. Here's a screenshot directly from Samsung about what power saving mode actually does specifically:

The Following User Says Thank You to stratatak7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
family, galaxy, gotham, i747, intergalactic, rom, samsung
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes