Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck In System Recovery <3e> + a twist

Tip us?

!n0x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Question [Q] Stuck In System Recovery <3e> + a twist

Hi guys, I don't know if there are similar threads within this section, and have decided to post this thread. It has been long since I have touched my i9003, having migrated to the i9000 itself.

Anyway, here's the thing. This phone got submerged about a year ago in the water (due to my brother's stupidity) and the camera did not function anymore as well as the home button. To make things worse, the phone's warranty was already over when it happened. Back then I was tinkering with using ADB and Odin in order to flash custom ROMs and whatnot, then suddenly, I seemed to have pressed a wrong button of sorts during one of the flashing processes and it landed me on the Android system recovery <3e> screen. Now normally, this would be relatively easy with a working home button, because it would be just a simple press to freedom, but of course, as I have stated before, the button was broken.

I tried at first using ADB, but the PC didn't pickup the device/didn't recognize it. It's also recognized as a CDC Abstract Control Model and not the usual standard USB recognition.

Given the circumstances, would it still be possible to recover and reboot back to at least the home screen?
GT-i9003 -> GT-i9000 -> GT-i9100 -> i9023 -> Moto G XT1032
Nexus 7 (2012) - Stock Kitkat

BassBlaster
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by !n0x View Post
Hi guys, I don't know if there are similar threads within this section, and have decided to post this thread. It has been long since I have touched my i9003, having migrated to the i9000 itself.

Anyway, here's the thing. This phone got submerged about a year ago in the water (due to my brother's stupidity) and the camera did not function anymore as well as the home button. To make things worse, the phone's warranty was already over when it happened. Back then I was tinkering with using ADB and Odin in order to flash custom ROMs and whatnot, then suddenly, I seemed to have pressed a wrong button of sorts during one of the flashing processes and it landed me on the Android system recovery <3e> screen. Now normally, this would be relatively easy with a working home button, because it would be just a simple press to freedom, but of course, as I have stated before, the button was broken.

I tried at first using ADB, but the PC didn't pickup the device/didn't recognize it. It's also recognized as a CDC Abstract Control Model and not the usual standard USB recognition.

Given the circumstances, would it still be possible to recover and reboot back to at least the home screen?
Just hold the power button till the phone's screen dims out, phone should reboot into Android.
Devices
Google Nexus 4 16GB - SmartQ Zwatch - Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
Soon
A Windows 8.1 x86 Tablet, probably 8 inch

If i've helped you, please press the Thanks button

!n0x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
I forgot to state that every time I reboot it via long pressing the power button, it immediately goes to the 3e Recovery.
GT-i9003 -> GT-i9000 -> GT-i9100 -> i9023 -> Moto G XT1032
Nexus 7 (2012) - Stock Kitkat