5,595,918 Members 30,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ainol Novo 10 Hero & Novo 7 Fire 2

Tip us?

sidthegreatest
Old
(Last edited by sidthegreatest; 2nd November 2012 at 03:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default Ainol Novo 10 Hero & Novo 7 Fire 2

Ainol is releasing two new tablets, both of which have a quad-core variant.

Ainol Novo 10 Hero--> Dual Core CPU
Ainol Novo 10 Hero II
Ainol Novo 7 Fire II

Seem like good steals, considering the fact that they are running Quad-core CPU's.
PHONES : Moto SLVR L7--> Moto ROKR EM30--> Micromax Q7--> HTC Wildfire S--> Samsung Galaxy SIII--> LG G2 [AOSPA]
TABLETS : Kindle Fire--> Nexus 7--> Nexus 10 --> Surface Pro 2 [Windows 8.1]
The Following User Says Thank You to sidthegreatest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dsmforlife92
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Looks pretty nice and not a bad price

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

honeycombflytouch3
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthegreatest View Post
Ainol is releasing two new tablets, both of which have a quad-core variant.

Ainol Novo 10 Hero--> Dual Core CPU
Ainol Novo 10 Hero II
Ainol Novo 7 Fire II

Seem like good steals, considering the fact that they are running Quad-core CPU's.
Indeed!

The Novo 10 hero is dual core and will be released next week. Site is running a deal for Novo 10 Hero I now. The Novo 10 Hero II and Fire II (quad core) are still pre-order.

there are two reviews for the novo 10 hero for anyone interested:

Novo 10 Hero Unboxing video
Novo10 Hero In-Action

AaronBronander
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My brother has an Ainol elf 3 (ha that name makes me giggle) and he likes it. I used it a bit and I was pleasantly surprised. However, the 7" there isn't much cheaper than a Nexus 7
Experience:
Samsung Galaxy SII (Sprint) CM9
HTC HD2 #1 - Android NAND Gingerbread / HTC HD2 #2 - WP7 DFT ROM / HTC HD7 - WP7 Mango
HTC G2 - Untouched / HTC G1 - Rooted with Froyo / Motorola Cliq XT - CM7
MyTouch 3G - CM6 / HTC 8525 / Nokia 6060 Cingular / Nokia 1100b - Tracphone / Nokia 1221 - tracphone
Tablets:--
Motorola Xoom - Rooted, CM9 / NookColor - Rooted, CM7 / Galaxy Tab2 7" - rooted CM9

ShiFuBill
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think they are only dual-core, and not quad-core, aren't they?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Oh, I didn't see @honeycombflytouch3 post. That's nice there will be a quad core soon. I saw Woot had the Ainol Novo 10 on sale two days ago for $195. That seems about the lowest price.

sidthegreatest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
The Hero II and the Flame II are quad-cores..
PHONES : Moto SLVR L7--> Moto ROKR EM30--> Micromax Q7--> HTC Wildfire S--> Samsung Galaxy SIII--> LG G2 [AOSPA]
TABLETS : Kindle Fire--> Nexus 7--> Nexus 10 --> Surface Pro 2 [Windows 8.1]

ShiFuBill
Old
(Last edited by ShiFuBill; 4th December 2012 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, I didn't read everything thourally. I wonder if the quad core version will run faster than the Nexus 10.

I found a coupon code on one site (near the bottom) that brings the price down another $5 and there's free shipping.

http://www.omnitechnews.net/2012/11/...-budget-buyer/

NewbCentral
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Nice price for the specs. Thanks for sharing

scottyd035ntknow
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Any more word on these? Been kicking around picking up the Novo 10 Captain when it comes out or waiting for the Novo 10 Flame with the IPS display. However, I've heard mixed reviews on the longevity of Ainol tablets and logic problems that come up after awhile. Anyone have any links to reviews or threads of how these things are holding up or know anyone that has an older 7" tablet?

One thing I do agree on is the 7" tablets are kinda meh unless you get one of the <$100 budget units. With the Nexus 7 at $199 it is kind of pointless to get a 7" Ainol IMHO. Where it might make sense would be the 10" variants. For $219 you get something that specs out in the same league as the Nexus 10, Infinity and Ipad 4 for half the price or less. Plus they all have SD card slots which, IMO, makes the Infinity win automatically out of the three mentioned American tablets although they're all made in China too... The Ipad is made in literally the same town in China as the Ainol tablets are.
-Bionic Eclipse Rom, 64gb microsd, extended battery, winning
-D3 MavRom, wireless tether hack, unlocked globally
-DX Liberty V3 2.0 1.35GHZ low voltage, backup phone
-boost mobile Epic 4G 1.4GHZ Marcusant R.I.P.

nitrobg
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Do not forget that these tablets use MediaTek SoC and they will hardly be able to achieve the same performance as Nexus 10 or other competitive products.

These tablets have fairly good support and the source of their OS is public. There are many devs that are working on them, you can see it by yourself on slatedroid.com forums.