Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Re)BSNL Penta IS701c Unlock (Root) 100% easy And Working No Problems

Tip us?

mayurhsoni
Old
(Last edited by mayurhsoni; 12th January 2013 at 02:55 PM.) Reason: Got New Easy Solution
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up (Re)BSNL Penta IS701c Unlock (Root) 100% easy And Working No Problems

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Read All Info Other Wise You Can’t Root your device
(It serious cause to your device)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Friends..............
You Should Know First that
"What is rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages"

“Rooting” your device means obtaining “superuser” rights and permissions to your Android’s software.
With these elevated user privileges, you gain the ability to load custom software (ROM’s), install custom themes,
Increase performance, increase battery life, and the ability to install software that would otherwise cost extra money
(ex: Wi-Fi tethering).
Rooting is essentially “hacking” your Android device.

PROCESS=>

You Need Following Spaces to Perform Unlock (root)
1) Pc
2) Windows (any)............ (Win 7 recommended)
3) USB Cable................. {I.e. Mini (OTG) port to Pc USB Port)
4) Your Tab should above 45% charged
5) WinRAR....... (Any version)
6) Follow Instructions Carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

work on PC

Right Click on the “BSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip"...........(Attached Bellow)

And Select xtract Here option for Menu..........

Extract "BSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip" ................Anywhere

You Get Folder Named as "BSNL Penta IS701c (root)"

Connect Your "BSNL Penta IS701c Tab" Through OTG cable to Pc

USB Dubbing Should Be On......... If Not Check In =>Settings=>devoloper=>Usb dubbing=>tick On
!!!!!!!!Don’t on USB Storage"

!!!!!!After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers..........Your Device Must Turned ........ (Maybe needed Internet Connection for auto update)

After Completing Installation (on Windows 7 only ) click Green bubble with usb icon on start bar you will get device name as Android device or adb device whatever

Now Open "Unlock is701c.bat" file In Folder "BSNL Penta IS701c(root)"
The info shows In Black baground And White Font
!!!!!! Press Enter button
Tablet will Restart Automatically....................
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Note don’t press any key (asking to press key)any time until tab doesn’t goes in loading screen
I.e. Penta Animating logo........Press key only once when ask "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Message Showing “Press any Key to continue"...............(don't press key now until Penta Animating logo........Press key only once After animatin apear "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/B]
)
[It will ask Many Time to press any Key .............Don’t press any key until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen
And Press Any Key..................... (The data Processing Copying some nesessory files and going after that.......... Don’t press any key {if asked} until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen)

Message showing that ............gaining root accesses/remounting ...........Success (something)

After all the Device turns ON automatically....... (Last Time It will ask For Press Any Key and The Process Finishes)

And you have a Superuser Application in Your Device

Desconnect Your Device From Pc

Work On Device Now Download And Install terminal Emulator from Below Link.....

Open Termnal Emulator
type

/system/xbin/su

it will ask superuser permission allow it (if dont ask Do Above Process Again)

then

rm /bin/su

then

cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su

Then minimize terminal emulator

Download And Install Superuser app From Below link..(ask to replace ....Replace It)

Open Superuser

Goto Left side

Click "su binary Area"

Window Open As "Downloading Mainfest" and Many oprations

There’s a SU binary Details(a specific virsion of binry as 3.0.2 whatever)

Then Click Update
It will updated to v 3.1.1 whatever

(if Not Download Superuser Elite From Below And Inistall It Then Re Open Superuser)And Do It Again

Now Done

Open Any App That Ask For Root Accesses and Press Allow.......................Ok

(Avast Antivirus Don’t Work Because Of Device don’t have Net Firewall Configuration file not given with this tab)

Now You Made It.............

Congratulations You Have the ROOT accesses to your BSNL Penta IS701c

But be careful Because Anything you Do with Your System will be saved As Default............

Dont Make Changes With System Theres Example Of Mine

I changed My Display Density from 160 to 400............Many days I can’t use my tab............)
Then I got "bulid.prop" file from another "BSNL Penta IS701c" tab and replaced it using ADB shell (from PC)
I suggest you not to make major changes to System Files..................

Please Use Root Access Properly

And Ask If Have any Problem

And Other Tab users should Request to Their Unlocking File

I will make as soon As Possible............

Thanks and regards........................................... ...............

Fb:-/mayurhsoni

Attached Files
File Type: zip BSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.24 MB, 2800 views)
File Type: apk Terminal Emulator-46.apk - [Click for QR Code] (307.2 KB, 1332 views)
File Type: apk Superuser_3.1.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.40 MB, 1264 views)
File Type: apk Superuser Elite.apk - [Click for QR Code] (151.3 KB, 1081 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mayurhsoni For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhiwagm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi,

I tried to root my IS701C tab with the above procedure... while doing it installed the superuser app without any error.. after that wen i pressed enter key, the "Unlock is701c.bat" got closed...

now superuser app s installed in my tab.. but its nt showing any log or installed apps.. other softwares like Fx and lucky patcher are giving 'no root access message'.

whats the prob?

thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to dhiwagm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhiwagm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I checked my tab with root checker... it tells " Sorry! This device does not have proper root access"...

so this too failed..

any successful rooting procedure??
The Following User Says Thank You to dhiwagm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mayurhsoni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiwagm View Post
Hi,

I tried to root my IS701C tab with the above procedure... while doing it installed the superuser app without any error.. after that wen i pressed enter key, the "Unlock is701c.bat" got closed...

now superuser app s installed in my tab.. but its nt showing any log or installed apps.. other softwares like Fx and lucky patcher are giving 'no root access message'.

whats the prob?

thanks in advance
Thanx.....
Dude you need to swich off your tab .........then all process gose and you need to press key when it asks .......(but after boot loading Screen) try again......It will Done.....
I rooted My Own With Same...............

sidsheru
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurhsoni View Post
Please Read All Info Other Wise You Canít Root your device
(It serious cause to your device)

Hello Friends..............
You Should Know First that
"What is rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages"

ďRootingĒ your device means obtaining ďsuperuserĒ rights and permissions to your Androidís software.
With these elevated user privileges, you gain the ability to load custom software (ROMís), install custom themes,
Increase performance, increase battery life, and the ability to install software that would otherwise cost extra money
(ex: Wi-Fi tethering).
Rooting is essentially ďhackingĒ your Android device.

PROCESS=>

You Need Following Spaces to Perform Unlock (root)
1) Pc
2) Windows (any)............ (Win 7 recommended)
3) USB Cable................. {I.e. Mini (OTG) port to Pc USB Port)
4) Your Tab should above 45% charged
5) WinRAR....... (Any version)
6) Follow Instructions Carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right Click on the ďBSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip"...........(Attached Bellow)
And Select Extract Here option for Menu..........
Extract "BSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip" ................Anywhere
You Get Folder Named as "BSNL Penta IS701c (root)"

Connect Your "BSNL Penta IS701c Tab" Through OTG cable to Pc
USB Dubbing Should Be On.........
!!!!!!!!Donít on USB Storage"

After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)
Now Switch off Your device..............
And Open "Unlock is701c.bat" file In Folder "BSNL Penta IS701c(root)"
The info shows Press Enter button
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Note donít press any key any time until tab doesnít goes in loading screen
Press key only once when ask "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Message Showing ďPress any Key to continue"...............(don't press key now)
And Turn On Your device............. (If device Not ON It shows
"error: device not found" "press any Key to continue")

Again Turn On Your device.......... (Only If above message displays)
It will ask Many Time to press any Key .............Donít press any key until your tab donít goes in "penta" loading screen
And Press Any Key..................... (The data Processing is going after that.......... Donít press any key {if asked} until your tab donít goes in "penta" loading screen)
Message showing that ............gaining root accesses...........Success (something)
After all the Device turns ON automatically....... (Last Time It will ask For Press Any Key and The Process Finishes)
And you have a Superuser Application in Your Device
Open it And Slide to left side tab
Thereís Option As "Loading su binary version"
Thereís a SU binary Details
Untick outdated binary Notifications........
Open Any App That Ask For Root Accesses and Press Allow.......................Ok
(Avast Antivirus Donít Work Because Of Device donít have Net Firewall Configuration file not given with this tab)
Now You Made It.............
Congratulations You Have the ROOT accesses to your BSNL Penta IS701c
But be careful Because Anything you Do with Your System will be saved As Default............
I changed My Display Density from 160 to 400............Many days I canít use my tab............)
Then I got "bulid.prop" file from another "BSNL Penta IS701c" tab and replaced it using ADB shell (from PC)
I suggest you not to make major changes to System Files..................

Please Use Root Accesses Properly
If
And Ask If Have any Problem
And Other Tab users should Request to Their Unlocking File
I will make as soon As Possible............
Thanks and regards........................................... ...............
Fb:-/mayurhsoni
First of all.. thanks for this post.
I was trying to find a way to root my is701c, but couldn't find it in the internet. Will definitely try the method u have mentioned here.
But while reading your post I had some questions in mind.. How to make usb dubbing on? where can I find this option?
Now u have written "After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)"
I really dont understand this.. can u please explain this step?
One more question I want to ask you..
My is701c shows only 280mb of ram. I have asked some people about this who own the same model.
And every one of them told that they also have total 280mb ram in their device.. instead of 512mb!!!!!!!!!
Is the ram usage restricted by penta? Can I increase the amount of available ram after rooting the device?
Please reply...
Thanks

mayurhsoni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsheru View Post
First of all.. thanks for this post.
I was trying to find a way to root my is701c, but couldn't find it in the internet. Will definitely try the method u have mentioned here.
But while reading your post I had some questions in mind.. How to make usb dubbing on? where can I find this option?
Now u have written "After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)"
I really dont understand this.. can u please explain this step?
One more question I want to ask you..
My is701c shows only 280mb of ram. I have asked some people about this who own the same model.
And every one of them told that they also have total 280mb ram in their device.. instead of 512mb!!!!!!!!!
Is the ram usage restricted by penta? Can I increase the amount of available ram after rooting the device?
Please reply...
Thanks
Bro You Asked
1)How to make usb dubbing on?

Go to Settings.>
Developer options.>
Here Is Option Like USB Debugging Tick On(IF Already On No Need To Activate Again)

2)After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)

Device Have Drivers To Connect In ADB Shell Mode....(In Which The Rooting Process Takes Place)

This ADB Shell Needs Some Drivers To Work....

If U Using Windows 7 It Will Automatically Update your Driver.....

I Dont Know That It Will Need Internet Or Not Becoz Some Drivers Are Pre Inistalled In device......If Not Then Needed Internet connection.....

(if the Messeage shows drivers Inistalled Sucess fully In your Task Bar Then It will OK.....

And Problem Of RAM ....

Here Is My Conversation To BSNL Service Center Office......

"Dear Sir,
I bought a tab Penta IS701C From Pune,India
Penta Company Gives The Specification As
512 Mb RAM
But IT shows Only 280.66 Mb Of ram

Please Help Me....

If You have Updated ROM So Please Forward Me On This E-Mail As Soon As Possible!

I contact Your Customer Care ....But All Customer Care Executive's Are Busy........?
How Can I Get The Solution For This Issue...........?
I'm Not Satisfied With This Tab.
So Please Reply As Soon As Possible
Reaguards!
Thank You!"

They Replayed Me As

"Dear Sir,

we can not forward upgraded ROm to you. You will have to register a complaint with BSNL on 01204805200 and get a ticket number. then deliver the tab in my office and we will upgrade the ROM.

regards"

I dont Know Is Upgraded ROM Works For This Issue.......

sidsheru
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurhsoni View Post
Bro You Asked
1)How to make usb dubbing on?

Go to Settings.>
Developer options.>
Here Is Option Like USB Debugging Tick On(IF Already On No Need To Activate Again)

2)After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)

Device Have Drivers To Connect In ADB Shell Mode....(In Which The Rooting Process Takes Place)

This ADB Shell Needs Some Drivers To Work....

If U Using Windows 7 It Will Automatically Update your Driver.....

I Dont Know That It Will Need Internet Or Not Becoz Some Drivers Are Pre Inistalled In device......If Not Then Needed Internet connection.....

(if the Messeage shows drivers Inistalled Sucess fully In your Task Bar Then It will OK.....

And Problem Of RAM ....

Here Is My Conversation To BSNL Service Center Office......

"Dear Sir,
I bought a tab Penta IS701C From Pune,India
Penta Company Gives The Specification As
512 Mb RAM
But IT shows Only 280.66 Mb Of ram

Please Help Me....

If You have Updated ROM So Please Forward Me On This E-Mail As Soon As Possible!

I contact Your Customer Care ....But All Customer Care Executive's Are Busy........?
How Can I Get The Solution For This Issue...........?
I'm Not Satisfied With This Tab.
So Please Reply As Soon As Possible
Reaguards!
Thank You!"

They Replayed Me As

"Dear Sir,

we can not forward upgraded ROm to you. You will have to register a complaint with BSNL on 01204805200 and get a ticket number. then deliver the tab in my office and we will upgrade the ROM.

regards"

I dont Know Is Upgraded ROM Works For This Issue.......
Okk.. thanks a lot

amitjangir123
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default i got a problem

I got success with a serious problem when i open es file explore it is tell "sdcard unmounted or not present " then i open camera it is also show please insert a sd card
means my internal 2.5 gb is not useable now
please give me solution as soon as possible... Thanks in advance

sidsheru
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjangir123 View Post
I got success with a serious problem when i open es file explore it is tell "sdcard unmounted or not present " then i open camera it is also show please insert a sd card
means my internal 2.5 gb is not useable now
please give me solution as soon as possible... Thanks in advance
You have not mentioned your model. I am supposing you are using IS701C.. If not, then you have to download some other update file for your model. You can check here.. pantel.in/Techforum

Anyway, I also faced the same problem while doing some incorrect operations.. Here's the solution..
Go to this link.. [if u r using IS701C model]
pantel.in/download/IS701C_penta_20120918.rar
download the software upgrade (size is nearly 230mb)
then you have to flash your device.. internal memory will be formatted and operating system will get installed
Dont worry.. the steps are simple & instructions can be found within the downloaded .rar file.
But keep in mind, that the data in your internal memory will be erased.

Another advantage of doing this is.. if you have an old build of IS701C, then dongle connectivity issues will be fixed.
Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to sidsheru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amitjangir123
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default given link not working ......

thank you for your reply ...........
but unfortunately the link provided by you (pantel.in/download/IS701C_penta_20120918.rar) is not working
and opens home page of pantel.in
please provide me a valid link
i think some mistake in your link .....

I aslo call to customer care but not give the link.....

hope you will look my problem again ..............