FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

HTC One X+ Gaming

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By jonam_mafia, Member on 2nd November 2012, 05:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guys share your gaming reviews of One X+












Last edited by jonam_mafia; 2nd November 2012 at 05:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonam_mafia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
3rd November 2012, 12:26 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
HTC One X+ Hands On Review Gaming
The Following User Says Thank You to jonam_mafia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2012, 07:52 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
For sure a good upgrade of htc one x and a good phone. HTC <3
9th November 2012, 12:56 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Am I missing something here, most games run badly on my x+, there is stuttering and lag in games like Rayman, Granny Smith, Oscura...and Need For Speed is terrible, for a so called super fast processor I am not too impressed.
9th November 2012, 04:15 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawrai68

Am I missing something here, most games run badly on my x+, there is stuttering and lag in games like Rayman, Granny Smith, Oscura...and Need For Speed is terrible, for a so called super fast processor I am not too impressed.

Maybe the power saving mode is on?
9th November 2012, 05:36 AM |#6  
Dibben's Avatar
Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr

Maybe the power saving mode is on?

Even with my power saving mode on, and there is a I lag at all when playing any games (Need for Speed, Tiger Woods, Dead Space etc)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium
9th November 2012, 06:43 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibben

Even with my power saving mode on, and there is a I lag at all when playing any games (Need for Speed, Tiger Woods, Dead Space etc)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

You mean even with power saving mode off?
9th November 2012, 06:45 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
More
I am experiencing lags on Dead Trigger.

Power Saver off, with it on I feel it's kind of normal to have lag

Sent from my HTC One X+
9th November 2012, 07:31 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uqadwe

I am experiencing lags on Dead Trigger.

Power Saver off, with it on I feel it's kind of normal to have lag

Sent from my HTC One X+

Got zero lag in Dead trigger, tho I got major fps issues with Asphalt 7

Hope we will get some custom kernels when source is out.
9th November 2012, 09:38 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
We had this problem with the original one x too, its due to the gpu clock being synchronized with the cpu clock. that means that if the cpu load it high, per say a tegrazone game like shadowgun, then the gpu scales up as well alowing for fluid gameplay even with detailed graphics. However this also means that when the cpu load is light, i.e temple run, the gpu will hardly scale at all implying that the phone will lag with simple games like doodle jump but not graphics heavy games like dead trigger. Games like asphalt 7 lag because the game probably only uses 1 or 2 core, thus the gpu is only at aroung %50 power. Hamdir found a way to run the gpu independently but we`ll have to wait for proper root and custom recovery for that.
9th November 2012, 10:38 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjsoo

We had this problem with the original one x too, its due to the gpu clock being synchronized with the cpu clock. that means that if the cpu load it high, per say a tegrazone game like shadowgun, then the gpu scales up as well alowing for fluid gameplay even with detailed graphics. However this also means that when the cpu load is light, i.e temple run, the gpu will hardly scale at all implying that the phone will lag with simple games like doodle jump but not graphics heavy games like dead trigger. Games like asphalt 7 lag because the game probably only uses 1 or 2 core, thus the gpu is only at aroung %50 power. Hamdir found a way to run the gpu independently but we`ll have to wait for proper root and custom recovery for that.

Thanks for great explanation..so is this fixable and has it been done for the One X already? ( link if poss? ) Been thinking of taking it back due to issues of lag on lower specced games.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes