No registration required

Damn it - Nexus 10 has light bleed!!!!

OP MikeBuck

2nd November 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
And i was hoping for something without light bleed, aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Just read Engadgets full review of the nexus 10, generally sounds good, but light bleed is my one bug bare, and yes its there, and they confirmed it on a second device aswell!

Sooo close!
Last edited by MikeBuck; 2nd November 2012 at 06:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeBuck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBuck

And i was hoping for something without light bleed, aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Just read Engadgets full review of the nexus 10, generally sounds good, but light bleed is my one bug bare, and yes its there, and they confirmed it on a second device aswell!

Sooo close!

Calm down slick. Even two devices doesn't mean that every product off the line will have it. Unless they had checked 20 devices and every one had the same problem, I'm not writing of the device. There are defects. Some people have Nexus 7's with no light bleed, others have it with some light bleed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cc2ee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2ee

Calm down slick. Even two devices doesn't mean that every product off the line will have it. Unless they had checked 20 devices and every one had the same problem, I'm not writing of the device. There are defects. Some people have Nexus 7's with no light bleed, others have it with some light bleed.

I'm hoping they were slightly lower quality review devices! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE,
2nd November 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,115

1,472 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBuck

I'm hoping they were slightly lower quality review devices! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE,

Of the 5 reviews so far only Engadget mentioned leakage, everyone else is highly satisfied with the screen. Cnet mentioned these are presale models being tested, so let's just wait for the final version.
2nd November 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
With the new Nexus 10 coming out, I strongly believe Apple is going downhill. I do not want to be cynical but had Steve been still alive, this would have never happened. When I saw the Ipad Mini, I thought "This is going to be my first Apple product, though expensive". Then Google announced Nexus 10. Everything changed dramatically. I want Google, and nothing but the Google, so help me God(if any)!!!
Last edited by Adulmec; 2nd November 2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling
2nd November 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 40

282 posts
More
Light bleed is kind of a big deal to me too. I don't care about anything being really much over 1920x1080 (although it has to be at least 300PPI for me with Pentile displays, I can still see it), but light bleed might be the deal breaker here when I see this thing. It is not like I absolutely need a tablet with a good desktop, laptop, and phone. I'd be getting it for media and browsing around the house and workplace where screen quality will be the #1 focus.
2nd November 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 94

674 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaox2

Light bleed is kind of a big deal to me too. I don't care about anything being really much over 1920x1080 (although it has to be at least 300PPI for me with Pentile displays, I can still see it), but light bleed might be the deal breaker here when I see this thing. It is not like I absolutely need a tablet with a good desktop, laptop, and phone. I'd be getting it for media and browsing around the house and workplace where screen quality will be the #1 focus.

+1 Can't stand light bleed.

It seems that the contrast is nothing special either, but that's because it's not as bright as other tablets. The black level looks decent according to the tests.
3rd November 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 24

265 posts
D: ohh lol i hate light bleeds
3rd November 2012, 01:56 AM   |  #9  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 7

71 posts
More
Does warranty cover light bleeding?
3rd November 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 270

1,161 posts
Any LCD with a backlight will suffer from light bleed to some extent even the iPad3 retina (just Google for the pictures). Obviously, something to check for and exchange if it's significant. The pictures on The Verge don't show any signs of it and the pixel level comparison shows the Nexus 10 display to be superior in black level, colors and sharpness against retina.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mi7chy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread