5,599,977 Members 45,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Damn it - Nexus 10 has light bleed!!!!

Tip us?

asasione
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Clearly you AMOLED supporters haven't realized they have more issues than LCD, I'm a Samsung fan and have used Samsung Wave to S2 but uneven blacks, patches, streaks across the screen and burn ins are just a few of the quality issues that affect OLEDs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asasione For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

James-NC
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I think i have read about all the reviews and this light bleed thing was only mentioned in one.It seems if it was really a problem others would have picked up on it.I will wait until i get my hands on it before getting too worried about what might not be an issue at all.The same goes for the brightness thing.I never use my n7 at full brightness so if the n10 is not as bright as another tab it really would not matter.I am sure it will be plenty bright as my n7 at 25%.

sakalu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I think i have read about all the reviews and this light bleed thing was only mentioned in one.It seems if it was really a problem others would have picked up on it.

Hell Guardian
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoster69 View Post
There is a firestorm going on over at Engadget over this review. The same reviewer wrote the iPad mini review and fawned over it but nitpicks the Nexus 10. Engadget has been deleting posts that point out the flaws in the review (and back it up with evidence).

I wouldn't put too much stock in this review, but it's always a good idea to be skeptical.
Same for the Verge Review/Video i thought The verge was the good guys (after leaving Engadget) but the amount of biased info on their review on the iFail mini Vs Nexus 7 Vs Nexus 10 is unbelievable...he even dared to say that the iPAD can replace a PC and a Nexus 10 can't...we both know that none of them can not any time soon anyway but saying that the iPAD can is just....pure BS

zmedhaug
Old
Thanks Meter 71
what do you mean light bleeding?

MikeBuck
Old
(Last edited by MikeBuck; 5th November 2012 at 09:25 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmedhaug View Post
what do you mean light bleeding?
check out the image here:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&...r:3,s:20,i:143

thats from a Toshiba At300/Excite 10 but the affect is the same, Its when lighting round the edges is not a constatnt essentially

BillBauman
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Overall, though, compared to what's out there and price performance, it still looks like a solid offering. I agree, though, that if the bleed is bad it's out of consideration for the people I know. I doubt it will be, though, and it's something a rev 2 could always address.
Please click Thanks if I helped. It's a universal feel good button that helps others know someone is generally helpful.

Phone (ROM Link) - Verizon GS4 (Hyperdrive ROM GS4 Edition), Google Nexus 4 (XenonHD for Mako)

I use 2 VZ GS4's for US and international use (no issues with non-VZ SIMs). I keep a Nexus 4 around as a backup and certain MMI codes that TW cannot execute in foreign countries. It's awesome with XenonHD, but doesn't match the GS4 in pleasure of use or battery life.

manaox2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
BTW, since no one else has mentioned it, the measured contrast ratios are posted in the Nexus 10 CNET review.

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/goog...5513295-2.html

Tested spec Google Nexus 10
Maximum brightness IPS mode (Super IPS) 368 cd/m2
Maximum black level, IPS mode (Super IPS) .44 cd/m2
Maximum contrast ratio, IPS mode (Super IPS) 836:1

Tested spec Apple iPad (third generation)
Maximum brightness IPS mode (Super IPS) 455 cd/m2
Maximum black level, IPS mode (Super IPS) 0.49 cd/m2
Maximum contrast ratio, IPS mode (Super IPS) 939:1

Gaugerer
Old
Thanks Meter 95
This is just a scaremongering thread with no evidence to back it up other than a totally biased review from Engadget and no-one else.

The Nexas 10 screen has a higher resolution than the iPad 4 and with a 16:9 format is better for viewing more than one application at the same time or two book pages, or media such as films or games. Also the front facing speakers are much better for listing to stereo.

The iPad 4 is like a left behind dinosaur with it's 4:3 screen format that no-one else uses. Even the iPhone 5 is now 16:9 but cannot use old 4:3 apps without letter boxing.

So the wheels are falling off the Apple bandwagon.

Tomatoes8
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 121
Don't worry. This is Samsung and not Asus or HTC. There will be no slow nand memory causing lags(Asus Vivo tab), there will be no crap wifi(all Asus tablets beside especially the Prime), there will be no raised screens(Asus infinity and Nexus 7 and washed out colours(Nexus 7), there will be now crap battery life and manufacturing defects(HTC products).

This is going be the mother F-ing Nexus 10! Like the Samsung mother effing Galaxy S3! The mother effing is good in a non literal way.

It is Samsung. As long as you are not a whiner about it being light and plastic(which isn't really a negative at all for the more intelligent crowd that doesn't need weight to assure them that a product is quality), you know exactly what to expect from Samsung.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Also, if the Apple biased Verge(who gave the ipad 4 the exact same score as the ipad 3 despite the fact that it should have lost a ton of points for being exactly the same as product as it's predecessor which was only released recently) and Slashgear couldn't pick a winner between the two screens, then you know the screen must be amazing.

Engadget is getting pretty anti Samsung btw. First they said that no matter how hard the GS3 tries it doesn't match the One X. ROFL. Then they say the Transformer infinity is worth $100 more than the Nexus 10. SIGH. Just go look at the infinity forums about the manufacturing defects, almost as bad as the Nexus 7 forums. Lucky I didn't buy an infinity like I was considering. Whew! Dodged a bullet there.

Engadget is horrible now.