[ROM] [JB] [UNOFFICIAL] AOKP-JB i9103 builds [milestone1] [nightlies] [UPDATE 1]

Search This thread

erseta

Oct 4, 2008
Barcelona
aokptitleblue-1.png

Personal note:

One year ago, my father wanted to change his old nokia 6630, so I recommended him to buy an android, precissely the Galaxy R because of its nvidia tegra chip, it's good specs and it's good price. At first, it gave some problems, random reboots, freezes. I was afraid that I didn't made him a good suggestion buying this mobile phone. When he bought it, the developer community for Galaxy R was nearly inexistant. That made me sad because I owned a Nexus S and there was a great support for it. His mobile phone came with Gingerbread 2.3, and i wanted to install him a ICS rom, unfortunately nvidia and samsung's sources weren't out, so I had to wait. I just wanted him to have such a good phone as mine, with the same support and with the latest android version. The other day I saw adam77Root with help of other xda developers could build a good device tree for Galaxy R, so I thought, why not try to build AOKP for Galaxy R (I personally love AOKP roms)? So I tried to build it, but I was getting some errors compiling. So I started adapting the device tree to work with AOKP, just minor changes. After some time debugging I could successfuly build my first rom from Source. So I'm very happy and I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed building it.

What works:

• Mobile network
  • Data connection
  • Audio (microphone may or may not work)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Video player (may or may not work)
  • Accelerometer, orientation, magnetic field, light, proximity, battery temperature sensors
  • BLN feature (you need either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
  • Auto brightness needs manual workaround (See later.)

Known Bugs (Same as CM10 Adam77Root build):

• Camera (even the app isn't included)
  • BlueTooth
  • Gyroscope (It is disabled deliberately as it causes issues with deep sleep.)

Download

MEDIAFIRE | Google Apps

Install

• If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps
  • Reboot

Contribute

All changes are now accepted through Gerrit. To learn more about the submission process, read this guide Roman wrote.
For details on how to set up your environment, refer to distribution-specific guides below.

Credits
Programming / porting

• Adam77Root for device tree
  • karthik050782
  • Adam Fisch, a.k.a. adamthecashew
  • Bajee Baskararasa, a.k.a. Bajee11
  • Stephen Bird, a.k.a. birdman
  • Brandon McAnsh, a.k.a. BMc08GT
  • Curtis Menard, a.k.a. cmenard
  • Gary Danko, a.k.a. gdanko
  • Will DeBerry, a.k.a. hillbillyhacker86
  • Ilya K., a.k.a. K900
  • Khas Mek, a.k.a. KhasMek
  • Dirk Rettschlag, a.k.a. MarcLandis
  • Chris Yeninas, a.k.a. PhantomGamers
  • Pierpaolo Pernici, a.k.a. pier
  • Jacob Bell, a.k.a. ProTekk
  • Rohan Mathur, a.k.a. rohan
  • Roman Bird, a.k.a. roman
  • Gergely Szell, a.k.a. sethyx
  • Jason Stewart, a.k.a. sixstringsg
  • Steve Spear, a.k.a. Stevespear426
  • Jonathan Steadman, a.k.a. Whitehawkx
  • xoomdev, a.k.a. xoomdev
  • Mike Wilson, a.k.a. Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Marketing

• Josh Ciesla, a.k.a. JustReboot

Artwork

• Alexea Whitehurst, a.k.a. Alexea
  • Kyle Teague, a.k.a. kwes1020
  • Kurt Colbeck, a.k.a. Nitroz
  • thaPHLASH, a.k.a. thaPHLASH

Shoutouts

• CyanogenMod
  • RootzWiki

Last edited:

erseta

Oct 4, 2008
Barcelona
UPDATE 1
Sound should work, rom should work flawlessly, red border should disappear with the build.prop patch.

FIRST RELEASE

Note: The "Device" option under settings gives a FC I'll try to disable the option in the next build until it can get fixed.
Touch keys are laggy and messages seem to crash.
Mobile data must be fixed.

Last edited:

karthik050782

Dec 20, 2011
Bangalore
I know this all going to come, and everything is coming... Thanks!!! Waiting for AOSP too.. Hope soon we will get that too... :)
Enjoy guys!!!

Reactions: lmali92

sarun_biotech

Jan 12, 2012
Bangalore
Wow i just cant believe what im seeing. Travelling to my home town right now and not going to bother about my 3g data cap right now. Downloading....

Edit : ok so ROM boots !!
Did not try many things. Just superficial view.
whenever an app is opened, phone becomes irresponsive for a couple of seconds and then regains control. Power button takes too long to show menu.
Noy sure if this is just for me.

Unable to add screenashots. Only tapatalk hosted option available which fails

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: erseta

parmarket

May 15, 2012
Thane/Mumbai
Great !! so many cool things have started to come when CM10 is still under Alpha stage.

More power to Adam and Karthik :good:

erseta = :cool:

50% Downloaded :cyclops:

Reactions: erseta

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Flashed.......d rom...
Uptil nw..rom is super duper smooth..
Boot animation is damm nice...
Bt d sad part is mobile data is nt workin....

Will dig in more once i get time..

Sent from my i9103 using CM10 alpha

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351881785957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351881785957.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 347

erseta

Oct 4, 2008
Barcelona
Yeah IMO CNA is one of the sexiest roms I've ever used. I think it would be interesting to build it from sources. Referring to the message app, touchkeys and data I'll investigate, but I'll also need some help of the real developers ^^

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: 'cooleagle'

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

Personal note:

One year ago, my father wanted to change his old nokia 6630, so I recommended him to buy an android, precissely the Galaxy R because of its nvidia tegra chip, it's good specs and it's good price. At first, it gave some problems, random reboots, freezes. I was afraid that I didn't made him a good suggestion buying this mobile phone. When he bought it, the developer community for Galaxy R was nearly inexistant. That made me sad because I owned a Nexus S and there was a great support for it. His mobile phone came with Gingerbread 2.3, and i wanted to install him a ICS rom, unfortunately nvidia and samsung's sources weren't out, so I had to wait. I just wanted him to have such a good phone as mine, with the same support and with the latest android version. The other day I saw adam77Root with help of other xda developers could build a good device tree for Galaxy R, so I thought, why not try to build AOKP for Galaxy R (I personally love AOKP roms)? So I tried to build it, but I was getting some errors compiling. So I started adapting the device tree to work with AOKP, just minor changes. After some time debugging I could successfuly build my first rom from Source. So I'm very happy and I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed building it.

What works:

• Mobile network
    • Data connection
    • Audio (microphone may or may not work)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Video player (may or may not work)
    • Accelerometer, orientation, magnetic field, light, proximity, battery temperature sensors
    • BLN feature (you need either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
    • Auto brightness needs manual workaround (See later.)

Known Bugs (Same as CM10 Adam77Root build):

• Camera (even the app isn't included)
    • BlueTooth
    • Gyroscope (It is disabled deliberately as it causes issues with deep sleep.)

Download

MEDIAFIRE | Google Apps

Install

• If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps
    • Reboot

Contribute

All changes are now accepted through Gerrit. To learn more about the submission process, read this guide Roman wrote.
    For details on how to set up your environment, refer to distribution-specific guides below.

Credits
    Programming / porting

• Adam77Root for device tree
    • karthik050782
    • Adam Fisch, a.k.a. adamthecashew
    • Bajee Baskararasa, a.k.a. Bajee11
    • Stephen Bird, a.k.a. birdman
    • Brandon McAnsh, a.k.a. BMc08GT
    • Curtis Menard, a.k.a. cmenard
    • Gary Danko, a.k.a. gdanko
    • Will DeBerry, a.k.a. hillbillyhacker86
    • Ilya K., a.k.a. K900
    • Khas Mek, a.k.a. KhasMek
    • Dirk Rettschlag, a.k.a. MarcLandis
    • Chris Yeninas, a.k.a. PhantomGamers
    • Pierpaolo Pernici, a.k.a. pier
    • Jacob Bell, a.k.a. ProTekk
    • Rohan Mathur, a.k.a. rohan
    • Roman Bird, a.k.a. roman
    • Gergely Szell, a.k.a. sethyx
    • Jason Stewart, a.k.a. sixstringsg
    • Steve Spear, a.k.a. Stevespear426
    • Jonathan Steadman, a.k.a. Whitehawkx
    • xoomdev, a.k.a. xoomdev
    • Mike Wilson, a.k.a. Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Marketing

• Josh Ciesla, a.k.a. JustReboot

Artwork

• Alexea Whitehurst, a.k.a. Alexea
    • Kyle Teague, a.k.a. kwes1020
    • Kurt Colbeck, a.k.a. Nitroz
    • thaPHLASH, a.k.a. thaPHLASH

Shoutouts

• CyanogenMod
    • RootzWiki
    UPDATE 1
    Sound should work, rom should work flawlessly, red border should disappear with the build.prop patch.

FIRST RELEASE

Note: The "Device" option under settings gives a FC I'll try to disable the option in the next build until it can get fixed.
    Touch keys are laggy and messages seem to crash.
    Mobile data must be fixed.
    To fix mobile data: Go to frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony. Open SamsungRIL.java, find the responseSetupDataCall function and comment out the whole. With that function uncommented, the system will use the default Android RIL implementation for setting up data calls and stock ICS uses the same.

Sent from my GT-I9103 with CM10
    Well, this is what I'm trying to figure out, let's see if tonight I can take my fathers galaxy r and test it, yesterday I had some work, sorry.
    OP updated, new download link available.