[HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! 11/11/12

14th November 2012, 07:55 AM   |  #21  
NorthWest
Thanks Meter: 821

912 posts
More
Quick question, does rooting and flashing ROMs decrease security. Or should people who bank or purchase things online not root or flash ROMs? Cause of you are granting all these 3rd party apps administrative abilities can't they just put in extra stuff that can log pw's etc and send it back?
15th November 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #22  
Flag Davao, City
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Very nice videos.., and i appreciate this tutorial videos..
16th November 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 10

16 posts
More
Angry
Sweet! Just rooted my Sprint Note 2. The instructions and videos were straightforward, I don't think you can make it any easier
Thanks

Now, I just gotta find a similar to stock looking ROM, debloated and keeping the SPen function lol (JellyBomb color scheme is a bit much although I love all the features)
The Following User Says Thank You to supramike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbking77

How to get free Wifi hotspot:
NOT AVAILABLE YET. Will do a video once available.

Wifi Hot spot is live.... I'm on it right now
20th November 2012, 05:14 AM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,064

3,097 posts
Donate to Me
Hmm... root installed but TWRP didn't install. I've tried it twice and it says success, even tried a different cable. Trying another PC now.

Anything different since this phone has the latest OTA now?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Nope. It says success on the second PC as well. No TWRP. Just the stock recovery. I have tried the rename option as well but it says no such file or something like that.

Think I figured it out... it's overwriting them on the stock ROM. guess I should read instead of just watching the video. HA!
21st November 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #26  

4 posts
nice
Your videos were on point my friend. Got the Note after years of having an iphone and didnt really know where to start. Clear and easy to follow instructions, wifi tethering up and running too. Thanks
25th November 2012, 03:25 PM   |  #27  
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 5

114 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thank you for the videos! Fantastic & easy tutorial to follow. I couldn't be happier. I haven't spent too much time learning about rooting and roms, however, it seems that a recurring favorite appears to be this JellyBomb! In fact, my wife is sick and tired of me running around the house and randomly shouting out, "JELLYBOMB!".

Anyway, after just downloading it last night and getting everything seemingly up and running fine, I'm getting a Trojan virus warning from my Webroot Secure Anywhere app, stating that SuperSU is an 'Android.SMS.FakeInst.' Trojan. Anyone else encounter this or have any idea why that warning would come up? I was about to go back and do a factory re-set and reflash this "JELLYBOMB!" rom, but was sort of hoping to have this figured out first.

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks again QBKING77.com for the videos!
27th November 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #28  
Flag Borås

2 posts
aa
no
28th November 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #29  

13 posts
More
thx
29th November 2012, 08:39 PM   |  #30  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Just an FYI, I found this posting in the bugs section for the android-wifi-tether google code page. Uninstall Android-Wifi-Tether if you have it, then install from this APK.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390190389996027907

I have done so and it works for me. Occasionally it shuts itself off, and I haven't had the time to look into it yet.

Works on my stock rooted rom.

Source: http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...detail?id=1646

Also, what is with these reCAPTCHA's? Normally I can read them fine. This post took me 4 tries...
Last edited by eovnu87435ds; 29th November 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread