OP crazyagg

2nd November 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 221

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had a thread on the GSII Forums for an APK Repository and it was heavily used. Since I'm now on the GSIII and starting devlopment I figured I'd start the APK Repository for this forum as well. I will do my best to keep a complete list of all Stock and AOKP APK's. I WILL NOT add any paid apk's to this list so please don't ask. Also, if I include any modded apk's or customized items that other developers created I'll be sure and give credit to them.

Hope this thread helps.

** I am not responsible for your phone if anything happens. Please flash at your own risk and be sure to MAKE BACKUPS. **

The main purpose behind this thread is to have a central location for all the Stock Jelly Bean and ICS APK's. I will include Mods for APK's as well as I find them.

Instructions for Flashing APK's

**Most APK's are just like any other app. You download and install it like any other app.

Some APK's are system apps (Email, Exchange, Messages, any app that can't be deleted without using TiBu). For these APK's you will need to:

DO A NANDROID BACKUP or backup your phone however you see fit. If you fail to do this and something goes wrong, please don't start trolling this thread.

1. Download the APK
2. Use a Root Explorer and move the downloaded APK to your system/app folder
3. Reboot in to Recovery
4. Wipe Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache (Dalvik Cache is located under 'Advanced')
5. Reboot Phone and Enjoy

*NOTE: If you have any permission issues with system APK's or Moving them to the system/app folder you may need to change their permissions. To do this, open a root explorer and navigate to the system/app folder and find the APK you moved there. Check the permissions and make sure they are set to rw-r--r--. If you have any other issues try wiping dalvik cache again and rebooting your phone.

Here is a free root explorer that I use, there are several others in the market.

Root Browser Lite (Download it From the Market Here)

Stock TW Jelly Bean APK's

A few Main Individual APK's
Complete zip file will all APK's (This is not a flashable zip, just a zip containing all the APK's)

Download All Stock JB APK's Here

Stock TW Ice Cream Sandwich APK's

A few Main Individual APK's
Complete zip file will all APK's (This is not a flashable zip, just a zip containing all the APK's)

Download All Stock ICS APK's Here...(Upload keeps failing, I'll come back to this later)

***AOKP APK's (ICS & JB) are located in the 2nd Post***

***Mods and other useful APK's are located in the 3rd Post***

IN PROGRESS....
Last edited by crazyagg; 9th November 2012 at 04:56 PM.
The Following 56 Users Say Thank You to crazyagg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry Jelly Bean - ICS AOKP APK's
The AOKP APK's are from Task650 and Ktoonsez AOKP Rom's. They are very reputable dev's so I trust their work and moddifed APK's.

AOKP Jelly Bean APK's

A few main individual APK's

Download All (Jelly Bean) AOKP APK's Here

AOKP ICS APK's

A few main individual APK's

Download All (ICS) AOKP APK's Here

If this helped you click the thanks button!
Last edited by crazyagg; 2nd November 2012 at 10:57 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to crazyagg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry MODS & Custom APK's
Flashable .zip Files

GS3 Files

All GS3 Media Files (Alarms, Ringtones, UI, Notifications) - Thanks LilChris06 for putting these together.

Email Exchange Security Bypass - I have a thread for this HERE but will include the files in the post as well.

*After you flash the Email Security Mod make sure to WIPE CACHE and DALVIK CACHE BEFORE REBOOTING. Once rebooted, reset up your exchange email, grant exchange Admin privilages when prompted, and you are done. You shouldn't need to set a password or pin.

Stock TW Jelly Bean - Download This One

AOKP Jelly Bean - Download This One

Remove 'AccuWeather.com ' logo from LockScreen.

To do this you need to modify your framework-res.apk.Navigate to res\drawable-xhdpi and find the .png labled 'keyguard_lockscreen_ic_weather_logo.png'. I have attached the image you can download and move to this folder.

Instructions:
1. Download this .png
2. Use a root explorer (ES File Explorer or Root Browser Lite), Copy the .png you downloaded above and Navigate to your system folder
3. Once in system folder, navigate to system/framework/framework-res.apk
4. Open framework-res.apk and navigate to res/drawable-xhdpi
5. Paste the .png into this folder (overwite the image if prompted).
6. Restart your phone, and the accuweather logo should be gone. Enjoy

Extended Power Menu - I have tested on Stock JB.
If you try flashing this on something other than a stock JB rom please make a backup prior to flashing. I have not tested this on anything else. Also, most custom ROM's have an extended power menu by default.

Download Extended Power Menu Here * I pulled this power menu from GraffixNYC's ported JB Forum. Thank you.

more Mods to come....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keyguard_lockscreen_ic_weather_logo.png
Views:	4041
Size:	352 Bytes
ID:	1459904  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Extended_Power_Menu.zip - [Click for QR Code] (463.8 KB, 816 views)
Last edited by crazyagg; 5th November 2012 at 11:00 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crazyagg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Key Lime Pie (KLP) Updates? Regardless...this is my final reserve.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazyagg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,351

5,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
This will be a great thread,I can tell. I noticed however, you didn't mention anything about changing permissions on system apk's. Does the dakvik and cache wipe reset them?
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705

This will be a great thread,I can tell. I noticed however, you didn't mention anything about changing permissions on system apk's. Does the dakvik and cache wipe reset them?

I've never needed to set permissons for the service APKs when I add them directly to the system/app folder or if I'm replacing system apk's with something different. If I need to update the thread to include how to change permissions I'll be more than happt to do so. I assume the system/app folder has permissions assigned to it and any APK's that fall within that folder inherit the same permissions. If I'm wrong let me know.

Thanks for the heads up.
4th November 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 42

378 posts
Can I flash the stock sounds zip over CM10? Or am I completely misunderstanding what it's meant for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
4th November 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 281

292 posts
More
thank you sir. many will find this useful i'm sure. i will need a swype apk for my jellybean rom, will come back here whenever it's up
4th November 2012, 04:44 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theadb

Can I flash the stock sounds zip over CM10? Or am I completely misunderstanding what it's meant for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, you can flash this over any ROM it only adds the files to your current system

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to crazyagg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2012, 04:47 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanhacker

thank you sir. many will find this useful i'm sure. i will need a swype apk for my jellybean rom, will come back here whenever it's up

The Swype apk is already available. You should be able to download and install it whether you're on AOKP or stock.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashable .zip, ics, jelly bean, repository, stock apk
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S III Android Development by ThreadRank