5,594,151 Members 46,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PORT] Doom 3 Android

Tip us?

poo-tang
Old
(Last edited by poo-tang; 27th August 2013 at 08:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1329
Default [PORT] Doom 3 Android

Great news they have it running on Android. check it out for yourself!!

Edit (27/8/2013) - It now available to download latest version (Release) on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....n0n3m4.DIII4A

Made by the developer of Return To Castle Wolfestien and QIII4A (Quake 3 port). I have attached a few version's below as not on market yet and hard to download from where it is hosted for free (4PDA), if need any info or bits to make it work please visit this original thread (Link below). Thanks!!

ORIGINAL DOOM3 RUSSIAN FORUM THREAD

Quote:
Frequent radio transmissions through the player's communications device also add to the atmosphere, by broadcasting certain sounds and messages from non-player characters meant to unsettle the player. Early in the game, during and directly after the event that plunges the base into chaos, the player often hears the sounds of fighting, screaming and dying through their radio transmitter. The ambient sound is extended to the base itself through such things as hissing pipes, footsteps, and occasional jarringly loud noises from machinery or other sources. Often ambient sounds can be heard that resemble deep breathing, unexplained voices and demonic taunting from the game's antagonists.
Demo on a Note2 -

Instructions (Old version please see top of page for Google Store version)

Install
  1. Download version and unzip
  2. Install Apk
  3. Create a folder on your SD cards (diii4a) with a folder named (base) inside that.
  4. Move your Doom 3 pak files (and any other files in your PC's base folder) inside (diii4a>base)
  5. Move folder (gl2progs) contained in this zip to (diii4a>base)
  6. Start the game and have fun!!

NOTE - If RC1 or RC2 don't work for you try the AIC build as that mite. You will also need the PC Doom3 game files to be updated to the newest version 1.3.1
Effect Settings
In the command line entry on application main page, add these lines on to (game.arm) for less/more lighting effects!! (SCREENSHOTS OFF/ON CLICK HERE)
  • Full Light Effects = game.arm+set r_nolight 0
  • No Light Effects = game.arm+set r_nolight 1

NOTE - Having this set on full will impact FPS and you will need a powerfull device for it to work ok on.

Attached Files
File Type: zip DOOM3 (DIII4A-AIC).zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.87 MB, 1999 views)
File Type: zip DOOM3 (DIII4A-RC1).zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.32 MB, 1472 views)
File Type: zip DOOM3 (DIII4A-RC2).zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.40 MB, 9221 views)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to poo-tang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Selim873
Old
(Last edited by Selim873; 2nd November 2012 at 09:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 62
I want to try this but I don't have all of the PAK files. I'll see if I can run the Shareware version.

EDIT: I guess I need all of the PAK files, I only have demo00.pak as I don't own the PC Version. Maybe I did something wrong too though since it crashes right after opening, maybe others can help.
Devices
Primary: Apple iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1 Jailbroken)
Secondary/Backup: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (P.A.C.man JellyBean)
Older/Backup: LG Vortex (CyanogenMod 10)

BrianChase
Old
(Last edited by BrianChase; 3rd November 2012 at 01:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 119
I have the game tucked away somewhere (never could get it to run worth a damn on any newer Windows OS) but will it actually run at a decent speed on our Plays?

Selim873
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianChase View Post
I have the game tucked away somewhere (never could get it to run worth a damn on any newer Windows OS) but will it actually run at a decent speed on our Play's?
I assume after a good number of optimizations, yes it should. I'm not making this though. I can't try it because I don't own the game.
Devices
Primary: Apple iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1 Jailbroken)
Secondary/Backup: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (P.A.C.man JellyBean)
Older/Backup: LG Vortex (CyanogenMod 10)

sufy1000
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Wow that is cool! How does it run?

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Thewonderboy
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Yeah... How much FPS you are actualy getting from that thing ?

I would do fine with steady 20fps :I

But this is so cool, I remember how amazing it felt to know that in 2007 a Nokia N95 could run Quake 3"@ 20-30 fps! And my pitty N81 could still run QUAKE and Quake 2 regardless the lack of 3D accelration.

Now we are getting DOOM3 for android phones. Hooefully they can port other games running IDtech 4 in the future too (quake 4, Quake wars)

BrianChase
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I mean, the Quake 3 port (id3) never ran that well on the Play and the id4 engine is quite a large improvement. I wouldn't imagine it gets more than a solid 10fps but I'd love to hear otherwise!

Thewonderboy
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianChase View Post
I mean, the Quake 3 port (id3) never ran that well on the Play and the id4 engine is quite a large improvement. I wouldn't imagine it gets more than a solid 10fps but I'd love to hear otherwise!
But as far as I know, Kwaak3/Zeus Arena doesnt have 3D accelration (doesnt take advantage of the GPU). If this DOOM 3 port does, we can expect better performance/GFX ratio.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thewonderboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brsingr
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Hmm I sure hope the dev comes back to this.....the last rime anything was modified was 9/11

Sent from my R800x using xda app-developers app

BrianChase
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewonderboy View Post
But as far as I know, Kwaak3/Zeus Arena doesnt have 3D accelration (doesnt take advantage of the GPU). If this DOOM 3 port does, we can expect better performance/GFX ratio.
You may be right since I'm not 100% sure but if I recall correctly Kawaak3 was ported to Windows Mobile and saw much better performance on the Omnia devices since they were the first to my recollection to use dedicated GPU's capable of OpenGL. I believe that would mean Kawaak3 is 3d accelerated but since my memory that far back is a bit fuzzy and I can't find any reliable information online I'd love to hear some second opinions since this could make all the difference in the world if you are right.