Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nabi 2 Google Play Store

OP LifeOfALegend

2nd November 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Hi Ive been trying to root my Nabi 2 tablet to access the Google Play Store. Ive downloaded ADB and followed instructions, Ive also got the correct drivers etc, when i ran the root tool by jmz I chose option 1 and it ran through the process, is there anything else I need to during during this as I then booted up and it was just the same as before?! Im normally an apple fan and experienced in jailbreaking etc but this is my first android as Im trying to exchange all my apple devices for android lol. Can some help me find a step by step full tutorial as Ive been trying to follow the one in this link here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1905674 but I cant understand what else I need to do?! Thanks in advance
2nd November 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Anybody?! JMZTAYLOR if you see this can you please write a quick tutorial on what I need to do as Im clearly doing something wrong. Its probably just something so simple Im missing?! Any advice would be highly appreciated, sorry if this post is extremely noobish Im normally very adaptable!
The Following User Says Thank You to LifeOfALegend For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #3  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 10

25 posts
More
Any Luck?
I was just wondering, it's been over a month with no post here. Did you get it working? If so can you post your solution or a link to the thread with the solution you used?
The Following User Says Thank You to HD Brian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 334

1,316 posts
More
Not sure about the root tool for your device, but any good root tool will install a superuser app, such as Superuser:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fou.android.su
The Following User Says Thank You to spunker88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

119 posts
More
Not sure if you got your issues sorted yet but if you go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1905674 I am sure someone could help you. I just rooted 2 in about 20 minutes over the weekend. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to brownel02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
There's no need to root the nabi for the play store...

http://everythingnabi.blogspot.com/2...e-booglie.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcangeli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 12

119 posts
More
Interesting, except for step 21:

21. Do not update or attempt to install any apps, as it will force close the Google Play Store. The apk file installed is not fully functional on the nabi 2 Tablet. It does however allow for the purchase of Books, Movies and Music. The following pop-up will appear if you attempt to update or purchase an app.

If you root you will have a fully functional Play Story as well as text AND video on Google Talk plus many other features
The Following User Says Thank You to brownel02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
christmas gift
My son is getting this for christmas. I know really all he cares about are the google play apps and youtube and other features that need this process in order for him to achieve his wishes... (whew)

anyway....

Any warnings that i should heed other than a voided warranty?
Has anyone heard of anybody bricking a nabi 2?
that would not be cool...

Thanks for any help

sent from my...blah, blah, just got a gs3/ used to have a captivate/ blah blah/ rooted an atrix once/ it died/
21st December 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #9  
new york
Thanks Meter: 106

899 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtics

My son is getting this for christmas. I know really all he cares about are the google play apps and youtube and other features that need this process in order for him to achieve his wishes... (whew)

anyway....

Any warnings that i should heed other than a voided warranty?
Has anyone heard of anybody bricking a nabi 2?
that would not be cool...

Thanks for any help

sent from my...blah, blah, just got a gs3/ used to have a captivate/ blah blah/ rooted an atrix once/ it died/

Lol I rootedm3 no problems if u follow the steps
24th December 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
I want to get Google Play working on my son's Nabi 2 as well, but I'm pretty concerned over the touch calibration issue some people are having on the ROM thread about rooting it. I've only had one android device (my galaxy s2) and thought about rooting it, but couldn't find an overly compelling reason to do so. Now that the Nabi 2 needs it, I would be loathe to brick it/mess it up to get this calibration issue. Even if I try on my s2, this Nabi seems a tad different for some reason.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread