Originally Posted by mattlgroff
1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) ---
This brings the phone back to the original factory software. Version 0.6.25 running Ice Cream Sandwich.
3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App ---
This installs an app which lets you bring root over through OTA updates. Keeps it safe.
I cannot expleind them any simpler than this
I'm sorry for the stupid questions but I haven't owned a motorola smartphone before so I'm unfamiliar with these types of things in the moto world. I just want to confirm I understand.
1) So if I were to try out the Jelly Bean leak, this would allow me to go back to the stock build?
2) Root. Cool!
3) This app allows me to preserve root when flashing/installing OTA updates?
One more question:
1) Does this require an unlocked bootloader or will this work on the Verizon model?
iPhone 3G -> Samsung Captivate -> Motorola Atrix -> HTC Thunderbolt -> Galaxy Nexus -> Droid Razr MAXX HD -> GS4 -> Moto X -> Nexus 5 on T-Mobile's $30 prepaid.