Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]

Tip us?

samabuelsamid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
"It always comes back to where I was."

What does this mean?

If you didn't choose to wipe data... your data will be intact.
Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding what this utility is supposed to do. When I've done a fastboot restore on several previous occasions with the Droid 3 it always returned to the out of the box state waiting for activation. Is that not what's supposed to happen with this one?

It's not returning back to original state with the Moto/VZW apps that I froze re-enabled. Instead it boots up as if nothing has happened.

mattlgroff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samabuelsamid View Post
Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding what this utility is supposed to do. When I've done a fastboot restore on several previous occasions with the Droid 3 it always returned to the out of the box state waiting for activation. Is that not what's supposed to happen with this one?

It's not returning back to original state with the Moto/VZW apps that I froze re-enabled. Instead it boots up as if nothing has happened.
At the end of option 1, it asks if you want want to wipe data, and if not to exit.

Fastboot restore, unlike your Droid 3 sbf, does not necessarily wipe data unless you want it to.

Factory reset = Wiping Data

Fastboot restore = Restoring partitions. Wiping partitions. Etc.

samabuelsamid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
At the end of option 1, it asks if you want want to wipe data, and if not to exit.

Fastboot restore, unlike your Droid 3 sbf, does not necessarily wipe data unless you want it to.

Factory reset = Wiping Data

Fastboot restore = Restoring partitions. Wiping partitions. Etc.
I never saw an option to wipe, it just seemed to be completed. I'll have to try again.

mattlgroff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samabuelsamid View Post
I never saw an option to wipe, it just seemed to be completed. I'll have to try again.
Code:
echo. It is recommened to wipe data, especially if you were on a custom rom.
echo. If you don't you will probably bootloop and have to wipe anyway...
echo. Press any key to Wipe the phone's data (might wipe internal SD card!) 
echo. or exit the utility.
pause
fastboot erase userdata
It's definitely there...

ray4jc
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just wanted to say thanks for making this so easy.

And I've got a noob question, will using this to root stop me from being able to use future OTA updates?

For instance when they release the OTA Jelly Bean Update.

Thanks

skinien
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) ---

This brings the phone back to the original factory software. Version 0.6.25 running Ice Cream Sandwich.

3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App ---

This installs an app which lets you bring root over through OTA updates. Keeps it safe.

I cannot expleind them any simpler than this
I'm sorry for the stupid questions but I haven't owned a motorola smartphone before so I'm unfamiliar with these types of things in the moto world. I just want to confirm I understand.

1) So if I were to try out the Jelly Bean leak, this would allow me to go back to the stock build?

2) Root. Cool!

3) This app allows me to preserve root when flashing/installing OTA updates?

One more question:

1) Does this require an unlocked bootloader or will this work on the Verizon model?
iPhone 3G -> Samsung Captivate -> Motorola Atrix -> HTC Thunderbolt -> Galaxy Nexus -> Droid Razr MAXX HD -> GS4 -> Moto X -> Nexus 5 on T-Mobile's $30 prepaid.

GoClifGo05
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinien View Post
I'm sorry for the stupid questions but I haven't owned a motorola smartphone before so I'm unfamiliar with these types of things in the moto world. I just want to confirm I understand.

1) So if I were to try out the Jelly Bean leak, this would allow me to go back to the stock build?

2) Root. Cool!

3) This app allows me to preserve root when flashing/installing OTA updates?

One more question:

1) Does this require an unlocked bootloader or will this work on the Verizon model?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

1. Yes it will.
2. Yea
3. It won't protect root but it will install a app called voodoo ota rootkeeper which you can use to preserve root.

1. Works great on Verizon
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoClifGo05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucidvtec
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Thx again matt!!!

Its devs like u and hashcode and dhacker that really help the community

What can us non devs do to help you guys out??? Really hoping we can find a solution to the locked bootloader for us Verizon peeps that can't afford a dev edition

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

mariomendoza
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have read that is only for Verizon, but, can i only use the root part in a Mexican XT925 Razr HD using MicroSim?? Thanks in advance.

mariomendoza
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariomendoza View Post
I have read that is only for Verizon, but, can i only use the root part in a Mexican XT925 Razr HD using MicroSim?? Thanks in advance.
I respond to myself. YES. it works like a charm for international version using microsim.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariomendoza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe