No registration required

[Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813

OP mohazia

13th February 2013, 12:58 PM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApokrifX

I'm sure, #2 is possible, but... you'd need to open support ticket to get the answer.
I was wondering still, if eth0 MAC same for everybody?

I dont think its same for everybody. I think it gets generated too, at first install.

I must admit Im not an expert in phones and ROMs and stuff like that, but I figure out that the IMSI and SIM serial # are generated on-the-fly by bluestacks when you change the GUID in registry, so I'm wondering where shall I look, see and modify the generating rules? Anybody ?!
Is there at least, a HARD way to do it, if not a simple one?
19th February 2013, 04:12 PM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Smile Whatsapp
How to run Whatsapp on my windows8 pc ??
I run Internet using proxy !
please help me out !
waiting for a reply soon !
21st February 2013, 02:16 AM   |  #143  
Flag Louisiana

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreekanthro

How to run Whatsapp on my windows8 pc ??
I run Internet using proxy !
please help me out !
waiting for a reply soon !

Do you already have blue stacks installed? You'll need a phone number to create the WhatsApp account. If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, you won't be able to use the same number. A phone number can only be associated with 1 device at a time. If you associate it with your computer it will disconnect on your phone. If you know someone who doesn't use WhatsApp you can use their number for your computer.
21st February 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 8

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcionX

First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)

Do you mind to show how did you root your bluestacks 0.7.8.829? I followed the steps mentioned but adb failed to launch. BTW, how can I change the game from landscape to portrait and vice versa?
22nd February 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #145  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaronius

Do you already have blue stacks installed? You'll need a phone number to create the WhatsApp account. If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, you won't be able to use the same number. A phone number can only be associated with 1 device at a time. If you associate it with your computer it will disconnect on your phone. If you know someone who doesn't use WhatsApp you can use their number for your computer.

Yes i have bluestacks installed in my computer ,i dont know how to root it ! and i do have a mobile number that doesn't associate with whatsapp yet !
i use my college proxy, so even bluestacks is also not working ?? !!
Last edited by sreekanthro; 22nd February 2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Forgot some steps to write
23rd February 2013, 11:30 AM   |  #146  
Flag A Coruņa
Thanks Meter: 57

136 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohazia

H- EDITING INITRD.IMG to mount /system for read & write, I got it from merrickville's initrd.img

Quote:

1- Download 7-zip and install it
2- Download "NotePad++" from HERE and install it.
3- Copy "initrd.img" from "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\initrd.img" or extract it from "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\runtimedata_[xxxxxxx].zip" (where xxxxxx = ur BS version) to "C:\pubuntu".
4- Open 7-zip -> Tools -> Options -> Editor -> put the path of installed "NotePad++" ["%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"]
5- Extract "initrd.img" via 7-zip -> open extracted file "initrd" via 7-zip -> right click "initrd" -> Edit
6- Search for:

Code:
try_mount ro "$device /mnt || continue
(It should be after "for device in /dev/sr* /dev/sd.....")
and replaced with
"try_mount rw $device /mnt || continue
7- Close it and save the file -> accept replacing of the file -> close 7-zip
8- Open "initrd.img" via 7-zip and replace "initrd"
9- Now you have your edited initrd.img -> copy back to "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"

Hi all, the red text in bold and italic (step 5) doesn't work for me. If I extract initrd.img I get intrd file but I can't edit it. Why? Because it is another compressed file so if I try to open it with 7-zip I see the initrd file (and other files and folders) but I can't edit it. Well, I can edit it but I can't save the changes because 7-zip uses a windows temp folder for opening the file and if I save it the file won't be saved in the initrd compressed folder.
I tried to save it and drag and drop the file into initrd compressed file but 7-zip didn't allow me to do that.

Any idea for solving that issue? Thanks and regards.
23rd February 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #147  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amman, Jordan
Thanks Meter: 129

213 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813
Quote:
Originally Posted by partisano

Hi all, the red text in bold and italic (step 5) doesn't work for me. If I extract initrd.img I get intrd file but I can't edit it. Why? Because it is another compressed file so if I try to open it with 7-zip I see the initrd file (and other files and folders) but I can't edit it. Well, I can edit it but I can't save the changes because 7-zip uses a windows temp folder for opening the file and if I save it the file won't be saved in the initrd compressed folder.
I tried to save it and drag and drop the file into initrd compressed file but 7-zip didn't allow me to do that.

Any idea for solving that issue? Thanks and regards.

Yes, sure. The steps said that u have to extract the content of initrd.img then open the extracted content (which is initrd) don't open initrd directly from initrd.img, but extract initrd then open initrd & edit initrd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 02:30 PM   |  #148  
Flag A Coruņa

136 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, sure. The steps said that u have to extract the content of initrd.img then open the extracted content (which is initrd) don't open initrd directly from initrd.img, but extract initrd then open initrd & edit initrd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Thanks for the answer but... what do I do with initrd file after editting? Because 7-zip doesn't allow me to add to initrd compressed file (replacing the existing one)
23rd February 2013, 02:39 PM   |  #149  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amman, Jordan
Thanks Meter: 129

213 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partisano

Thanks for the answer but... what do I do with initrd file after editting? Because 7-zip doesn't allow me to add to initrd compressed file (replacing the existing one)

yes, replace
23rd February 2013, 04:15 PM   |  #150  
Flag A Coruņa

136 posts
More
Quote:

yes, replace

Impossible: I repeat that 7-zip does not allow it because when I try to edit it (it opens Notepad++) it works with the file and that file is in a temp folder! And this file is never ever written in initrd compressed file even when I save the file (it is saved in the temp folder). I don't know if I am explaining it badly (I'm not english haha) or what.

Here you are (you can check that I do everything in the right way) 2 screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	initrd1.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1754363   Click image for larger version

Name:	initrd2.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1754364  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags