[Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813

Tip us?

FalcionX
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Smile [ROOT] Bluestacks 0.7.8.829 REPACK

First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FalcionX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

huisterduin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you FalcionX,

Root.fs smaller GREAT!!!

bcwebb73
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The new root is awesome! I only have 1 question. When I root it, it shows my default GPS location as 0 deg long & 0 deg Lat (Gulf of Guinea off west coast of Africa). How can I change the default GPS location to my location? I have tried all sorts of things.

1. I modified the gps.conf file w/ no success

2. I mocked locations, but apps still see my location as Gulf of Guinea

3. I tried using wireless networks only and GPS only, but no success.

Is there a file to modify where when I open this rooted version of bluestacks, it will show my GPS location as my location?

TalynOne
Old
(Last edited by TalynOne; 25th December 2012 at 09:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcionX View Post
First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)
Thanks for the package. As a suggestion I recommend removing the bluestacksrooted@gmail.com account. Since there's no reset factory defaults in Bluestacks I did the following to remove the unusable account (restart Bluestacks after entering these commands).

Open up Terminal App and enter the following commands:
  • su
  • cd /data/system/
  • rm accounts.db

Also you should probably set the "Automatic Response" option in the SuperUser app to Prompt instead of Allow for a more secure setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to TalynOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TalynOne
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwebb73 View Post
The new root is awesome! I only have 1 question. When I root it, it shows my default GPS location as 0 deg long & 0 deg Lat (Gulf of Guinea off west coast of Africa). How can I change the default GPS location to my location? I have tried all sorts of things.

1. I modified the gps.conf file w/ no success

2. I mocked locations, but apps still see my location as Gulf of Guinea

3. I tried using wireless networks only and GPS only, but no success.

Is there a file to modify where when I open this rooted version of bluestacks, it will show my GPS location as my location?
The following app worked fine for me:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.lexa.fakegps

Febby
Old
Thanks Meter 1242
Does anyone know if it's possible to simply just back up my user install applications via a folder in windows? so i can uninstall bluestacks completely, reinstall, and drag the said folder/file and get my applications back? Probably a blank shot but worth asking since I'm trying to do free offers for a game for free credits but it involves tapjoy which requires a full uninstall to register a new person lol.
Please obey all XDA rules. Link to rules = http://tinyurl.com/rules4xda

Press the thanks button if someone helps you.

Report anything you know is breaking rules.

bcwebb73
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
The following app worked fine for me:

Fake GPS App

That app does work to move my gps location on the map, but for an app I use, purchasing credits is based on location and it still thinks I am in Gulf of Guinea and says that purchases are not allowed from my current country/location. Is there a way to modify the default settings so that it shows me where I would like to be without mocking or anything?

Poisadon
Old
(Last edited by Poisadon; 25th December 2012 at 06:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
Thanks for the package. As a suggestion I recommend removing the bluestacksrooted@gmail.com account. Since there's no reset factory defaults in Bluestacks I did the following to remove the unusable account (restart Bluestacks after entering these commands).

Open up Terminal App and enter the following commands:
  • su
  • cd /data/system/
  • rm accounts.db

Also you should probably set the "Automatic Response" option in the SuperUser app to Prompt instead of Allow for a more secure setup.
i remove unusable "bluestacksrooted@gmail.com" put my account, open terminal app and enter the commands at the last one "rm accounts.db" dont do anything, why ?? simple say on the root "app_34@gt-n7000:/data/system #"

i want to use "Freedom", i enter the app, get permissions but dont do nothing at the BlueStacks 0.7.2.751 it seems to work

Febby
Old
Thanks Meter 1242
I wanted to know if someone with experience could help me with step "H- EDITING INITRD.IMG"

I edited my Root.fs successfully and it shows the superuser.apk and everything else under /system/app when I look via File explorer but obviously not installed I assume because I can't seem to edit the INITRD.IMG properly for my older version. The one I tried editing would cause bluestacks to crash after trying to boot. I put back the original non modified INITRD.IMG file it booted properly; so it leads me to believe I'm not doing it right.

If someone can please take the time to switch the RO TO RW line for me I'd greatly appreciate it a lot.

Download link for my INITRD.IMG below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12072262/initrd.img
Please obey all XDA rules. Link to rules = http://tinyurl.com/rules4xda

Press the thanks button if someone helps you.

Report anything you know is breaking rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to Febby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FalcionX
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febby View Post
I wanted to know if someone with experience could help me with step "H- EDITING INITRD.IMG"

I edited my Root.fs successfully and it shows the superuser.apk and everything else under /system/app when I look via File explorer but obviously not installed I assume because I can't seem to edit the INITRD.IMG properly for my older version. The one I tried editing would cause bluestacks to crash after trying to boot. I put back the original non modified INITRD.IMG file it booted properly; so it leads me to believe I'm not doing it right.

If someone can please take the time to switch the RO TO RW line for me I'd greatly appreciate it a lot.

Download link for my INITRD.IMG below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12072262/initrd.img
Your INITRD.IMG with Read/Write
Attached Files
File Type: img initrd.img - [Click for QR Code] (1.26 MB, 171 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to FalcionX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bluestacks, emulator, google app, root