Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 51,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813

Tip us?

huisterduin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you FalcionX,

Root.fs smaller GREAT!!!

bcwebb73
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The new root is awesome! I only have 1 question. When I root it, it shows my default GPS location as 0 deg long & 0 deg Lat (Gulf of Guinea off west coast of Africa). How can I change the default GPS location to my location? I have tried all sorts of things.

1. I modified the gps.conf file w/ no success

2. I mocked locations, but apps still see my location as Gulf of Guinea

3. I tried using wireless networks only and GPS only, but no success.

Is there a file to modify where when I open this rooted version of bluestacks, it will show my GPS location as my location?

TalynOne
Old
(Last edited by TalynOne; 25th December 2012 at 09:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcionX View Post
First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)
Thanks for the package. As a suggestion I recommend removing the bluestacksrooted@gmail.com account. Since there's no reset factory defaults in Bluestacks I did the following to remove the unusable account (restart Bluestacks after entering these commands).

Open up Terminal App and enter the following commands:
  • su
  • cd /data/system/
  • rm accounts.db

Also you should probably set the "Automatic Response" option in the SuperUser app to Prompt instead of Allow for a more secure setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to TalynOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TalynOne
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwebb73 View Post
The new root is awesome! I only have 1 question. When I root it, it shows my default GPS location as 0 deg long & 0 deg Lat (Gulf of Guinea off west coast of Africa). How can I change the default GPS location to my location? I have tried all sorts of things.

1. I modified the gps.conf file w/ no success

2. I mocked locations, but apps still see my location as Gulf of Guinea

3. I tried using wireless networks only and GPS only, but no success.

Is there a file to modify where when I open this rooted version of bluestacks, it will show my GPS location as my location?
The following app worked fine for me:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.lexa.fakegps

Febby
Old
Thanks Meter 1,254
Does anyone know if it's possible to simply just back up my user install applications via a folder in windows? so i can uninstall bluestacks completely, reinstall, and drag the said folder/file and get my applications back? Probably a blank shot but worth asking since I'm trying to do free offers for a game for free credits but it involves tapjoy which requires a full uninstall to register a new person lol.
Please obey all XDA rules. Link to rules = http://tinyurl.com/rules4xda

Press the thanks button if someone helps you.

Report anything you know is breaking rules.

bcwebb73
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
The following app worked fine for me:

Fake GPS App

That app does work to move my gps location on the map, but for an app I use, purchasing credits is based on location and it still thinks I am in Gulf of Guinea and says that purchases are not allowed from my current country/location. Is there a way to modify the default settings so that it shows me where I would like to be without mocking or anything?

Poisadon
Old
(Last edited by Poisadon; 25th December 2012 at 06:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
Thanks for the package. As a suggestion I recommend removing the bluestacksrooted@gmail.com account. Since there's no reset factory defaults in Bluestacks I did the following to remove the unusable account (restart Bluestacks after entering these commands).

Open up Terminal App and enter the following commands:
  • su
  • cd /data/system/
  • rm accounts.db

Also you should probably set the "Automatic Response" option in the SuperUser app to Prompt instead of Allow for a more secure setup.
i remove unusable "bluestacksrooted@gmail.com" put my account, open terminal app and enter the commands at the last one "rm accounts.db" dont do anything, why ?? simple say on the root "app_34@gt-n7000:/data/system #"

i want to use "Freedom", i enter the app, get permissions but dont do nothing at the BlueStacks 0.7.2.751 it seems to work

Febby
Old
Thanks Meter 1,254
I wanted to know if someone with experience could help me with step "H- EDITING INITRD.IMG"

I edited my Root.fs successfully and it shows the superuser.apk and everything else under /system/app when I look via File explorer but obviously not installed I assume because I can't seem to edit the INITRD.IMG properly for my older version. The one I tried editing would cause bluestacks to crash after trying to boot. I put back the original non modified INITRD.IMG file it booted properly; so it leads me to believe I'm not doing it right.

If someone can please take the time to switch the RO TO RW line for me I'd greatly appreciate it a lot.

Download link for my INITRD.IMG below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12072262/initrd.img
Please obey all XDA rules. Link to rules = http://tinyurl.com/rules4xda

Press the thanks button if someone helps you.

Report anything you know is breaking rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to Febby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FalcionX
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febby View Post
I wanted to know if someone with experience could help me with step "H- EDITING INITRD.IMG"

I edited my Root.fs successfully and it shows the superuser.apk and everything else under /system/app when I look via File explorer but obviously not installed I assume because I can't seem to edit the INITRD.IMG properly for my older version. The one I tried editing would cause bluestacks to crash after trying to boot. I put back the original non modified INITRD.IMG file it booted properly; so it leads me to believe I'm not doing it right.

If someone can please take the time to switch the RO TO RW line for me I'd greatly appreciate it a lot.

Download link for my INITRD.IMG below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12072262/initrd.img
Your INITRD.IMG with Read/Write
Attached Files
File Type: img initrd.img - [Click for QR Code] (1.26 MB, 186 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to FalcionX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

perry59
Old
(Last edited by perry59; 27th December 2012 at 08:51 PM.) Reason: clarification
Thanks Meter 0
Default Portable Ubuntu

I am an android noob, but would like to try my hand at rooting my bluestacks (manual method), sounds like fun.
One thing that is temporarily holding me back is that "Portable Ubuntu Remix" only works on 32-bit systems (might want to mention this in the tutorial). I suppose I could make a full blown ubuntu install on a thumb drive and boot off that but the ubuntu window running under windows sounds pretty nice.
Does anyone know of a portable 'nix that will run under win 7 64? I found this site "downeu.net/p/Portable+Ubuntu+For+Windows+7" but have not tried it yet. Has anyone had experience with this software?
Thanks

(I pulled the http and 3 w's from the address above so I could post it)

Tags
bluestacks, emulator, google app, root