Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HOW TO: update twrp recovery/wipe everything

Tip us?

drafgnjom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Default HOW TO: update twrp recovery/wipe everything

How can i update TWRP recovery?

Why is that everytime i wipe everything out (cache, dalvik cache, system, factory,external), changed my gmail and reflash the custom rom. Still i end up having folders from the apps the i've installed before? Any solutions? It's annoying

*Thanks in advance guys hope you can help me*

prboy1969
Old
(Last edited by prboy1969; 3rd November 2012 at 07:29 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6584
An easy way to update TWRP Recovery, is go to there site. Download the Recovery for your device. Then use a free app from the Play Store called Flash Image GUI. As for the second question. Do you mean the apps are still there after a fresh flash ? Or just the folders ? BTW if your looking at this post on a PC there is a link in my Sig for flashing Roms.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drafgnjom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Sir ive tried searching on how to update twrp and ive seen the lists of recoveries for diff devices and unluckily i ddnt find gt i9070 on the list. What do you think sir?

And for the ROM thing. After the wipe out of system, caches, factory and even changing my gmail cause i thought it is because of the back up thing, but i still end up browsing solid explorer having folders of the recent apps. Just folders and some file in it. I dont if its because of the back up from twrp recov or i missed something. Btw thanks

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6584
I would do a Google search for Recoveries that are compatible with your device. You may have to settle for something other than TWRP. There may be a CWM Recovery for your device. As to the folders. The folders will be there even after a pre-flash wipe. The folders themselves do not get deleted. You can go back and delete folders of apps no longer installed. Just be very careful as to what you delete.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drafgnjom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Any other way on how to delete the trash folders. Im afraid i might ruin something :[

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6584
Well as soon as you have your Recovery all set up you can do a Nandroid Backup. It's a good safety net. Till then you can backup your SD Card to the desktop before you delete / change anything. That way you have a backup in case something goes wrong.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Ci-Fi
Old
(Last edited by Ci-Fi; 3rd March 2013 at 04:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
An easy way to update TWRP Recovery, is go to there site. Download the Recovery for your device. Then use a free app from the Play Store called Flash Image GUI. As for the second question. Do you mean the apps are still there after a fresh flash ? Or just the folders ? BTW if your looking at this post on a PC there is a link in my Sig for flashing Roms.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
Is there another way to update to a newer version of TWRP? Flash Image GUI is no longer free.

EDIT: I don't have access to a computer.

benji667
Old
Thanks Meter 87
how do i do it for my note 2 i cant find updates in goo manager...