5,597,138 Members 45,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Share your Photosphere Experiences (jb 4.2 cam)

Tip us?

mrdey
Old
(Last edited by mrdey; 5th November 2012 at 02:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
It doesn't work yet as it should. I have tried .zip from link above same version from the same position with One X and S3. Feeling during taking photos and results are completely different. It feels like One X sensors are misbehaving.

I'm using OrDroid 7.1.0 (1.31 hboot).

nocomp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
here are some fair examples, didn t knew that google + had a player for photoshpere..
http://www.androidcentral.com/check-...e-photo-sphere
nokia 3210 Qtek 9090 htc magic -- nexus one -- galaxy beam --Galaxy Beam -- galaxy s -- arc - arc s -- htc lg optimus 2x -- htc evo 3d -- Xperia S -- HTC one X - HTC One
ANDROID NEWS

nocomp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
i think i must have applied a picaso patch somehow...
nokia 3210 Qtek 9090 htc magic -- nexus one -- galaxy beam --Galaxy Beam -- galaxy s -- arc - arc s -- htc lg optimus 2x -- htc evo 3d -- Xperia S -- HTC one X - HTC One
ANDROID NEWS

The-Last-Hylian
Old
Thanks Meter 427
I am looking forward to this, I really hope that the one touch menu gets implemented into Sense.

Wonder how these would look on the HTC DNA/J Butterfly screens...
Device: HTC One - ARHD 51.0 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat | HTC Sense 5.5 | 4.19.401.8 | TWRP v2.6.3.3

Feel free to Thank me anytime

Gaijintensity
HTC One (M8) - Mega Tech Discussion Thread >>
My Guide: The Ultimate Stock to Custom ROM awesomeness Thread - Noob Friendly

diego9x
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It must be that you guys just take bad pictures, here's a full 360.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to diego9x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knoxploration
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego9x View Post
It must be that you guys just take bad pictures, here's a full 360.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
a) As I've pointed out numerous times, panoramas have a problem with nearby subjects because of parallax. Your subjects are mostly far away, and don't have clearly-defined edges which are obscuring more distant scenery, hence parallax is less of an issue. That makes this about as easy a subject as you could hope for. Doubly so since the sky is overcast and so the exposure level doesn't vary so much from frame to frame.

http://www.panoguide.com/howto/panoramas/parallax.jsp

b) There are clear stitching errors in your pano, too. Surprisingly many, actually, given how far away the subject is. Open the thumbnail below to see some of them circled. There are more, I'm sure, but I got bored of finding and circling them. Some are worse then others, for example the repeated treelines, repeated island, blurred island edge, and the zig-zagging horizon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a3y4ama7.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	1467787  
Head of an Android household: HTC One X+ International 64GB, HTC One X International 32GB, Google Nexus 10, two hopelessly unstable Asus Eee Pad Transformers (32GB and 16GB, each with keyboard docks; remember -- friends don't let friends buy Asus), Samsung Galaxy Ace, and a Fuhu Nabi 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to knoxploration For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knoxploration
Old
Thanks Meter 557
I'll add, by the way, that the stock HTC 2D pano tool is also absymal. It appears to make absolutely no effort to warp images, and simply aligns and fades them instead, leading to clear zig-zags in what should be straight lines like horizons.

The thing is, much MUCH better results should be possible. Attached is a pano shot not with the HTC One X, but with my Sony RX100 compact camera. (I've resized it to the same height as your pano.) It's a much more challenging subject, although nowhere near as bad as expecting to get a decent pano standing in the middle of a small room.

My image is -- other than brightness / contrast / color adjustment because there was a strong difference in exposure level and the bright sun / water biased the exposure too dark -- straight out of camera. No hand-tweaking of alignment was done, nor any local retouching of any kind.

It's stitched by the camera itself, which doubtless has a far less powerful processor than the HTC One X does. If the Sony can do this, the HTC One X should be able to do far better -- but so far it can't.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	temp-pano.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	1467805  
Head of an Android household: HTC One X+ International 64GB, HTC One X International 32GB, Google Nexus 10, two hopelessly unstable Asus Eee Pad Transformers (32GB and 16GB, each with keyboard docks; remember -- friends don't let friends buy Asus), Samsung Galaxy Ace, and a Fuhu Nabi 2.

filipecarmona
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default wrong nexus

Hey guys,
i've been trying to use photosphere for a couple of days on my Nexus S with custom ROM Xylon (android 4.2.1)
and i miss some things like the ability to share the pano to google maps, and also when i touch the edit icon (3-circle-venn), i get the "you don't have any app to complete this action" message.

As soon as i heard of the G+ player, i tried sharing it on g+ and here's the result (after trying many times):
plus[dot]google[dot]com/photos/115668189587438646263/albums/5824906965871823873/5824906969810603650

although i wanted something like this:
plus[dot]google[dot]com/photos/110023707389740934545/albums/5808606988734372865/5808606991682743250

(couldn't post links because it's my first post, sorry.)

could anybody help in this point? thanks in advance.

also: how to do that little planet effect? (i suppose it's on that EDIT button)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PANO_20121222_201542.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	1584749  

exisapps
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Hey, guys!
I found this lwp with lots of free HD photospheres.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pers.fx.sphere
All delicious android apps by hamsters drummers http://hamsterbeat.com/
Metaballs Liquid HD - discover unknown form life
Pocket Bear HD - angry bear in your pocket, interactive
Snowfall 360 - super realistic winter snowfall in true 3D

Ambious
Old
(Last edited by Ambious; 26th June 2013 at 08:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 315

DONATE TO ME
Keeps throwing "Google Services" FC on me, but the camera itself keeps running and works fine :-O Awesome!
Edit: Here's my deck
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-06-26 18.22.36.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	2071579  

# phone/model> HTC One X - EndeavorU
# phone/ROM> In-between ROMs
# phone/Kernel> Stock
# phone/Recovery> TWRP 2.6.1.0 Touch Recovery (Repacked with JB kernel)
#
# tablet/model> Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB LTE (deb)
# tablet/ROM> ParanoidAndroid (Android 4.4.2) / Ubuntu Touch (Experimental)
# tablet/Kernel> Stock
# tablet/Recovery> TWRP 2.6.3.0 Touch Recovery (MultiBoot Enabled!)

Tags
jb 4.2, photosphere