Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

4 great alternatives to Google Play

OP cuatr0

4th June 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

1 posts
Let's face it, we all know that Google has a monopoly with its set of apps in the US. Why? Because all the popular manufacturers have made a contract with Google to include all of the gapps in their phones. What does that mean? It means that every phone you buy will include Google Play as the default appstore to buy all the software on your phone. There are no other alternatives installed by default.The good thing about Android is that it gives you freedom and with it comes option. These options are four alternatives you can install on your phone or tablet, where you can download all the apps you need.

f-droid

It is appstore that includes a repositorie of only free and open source (FOSS) apps. Does not need an account to work.

Amazon appstore

Amazon's own alternative to Google Play. Needs an Amazon account to work. Offers free and paid apps.There is also free paid app offer each day.

Yandex.store

Yandex known as the Google of Russia launched its own appstore to compete in select markets. Does not need an account to download free apps. For paid apps, you may need an account.

While the number of all these stores combined pales in comparison to Google's own. They are quite good alternatives for those who want to different options and do not want to depend only on Google.
Last edited by stamatis; 7th June 2014 at 12:33 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cuatr0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

79 posts
More
I use the amazon app store a lot. I like amazon as a company... they are good to me.
26th September 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
+aptoide store
no registration needed
The Following User Says Thank You to toggler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Awesome thanks cuatr0, I will have to give these a try .

Cheers

Quazza
19th October 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #5  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 510

2,381 posts
Donate to Me
More
THe issue is there are other app sites as well . But they come and go. Say you buy a bunch of apps from one of them . They useally do not track your apps and allow you to reinstall all with one push. And say you buy a 10.00 app then the site closes..

I think google and Amazon are only two i would trust at this time
20th October 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 329

906 posts
wheres the 4th alternative?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread