Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 54,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shadowgun: DeadZone Add me & Discussion

Tip us?

geejay008
Old
Thanks Meter 46
...Using SGS3 lte... and i don't see any lag on mine.. but i cant be certain since I don't have the exact stats..

.. hell, how do u even get the framerate stats to come up on those games?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

‹BERô
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8,927

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay008 View Post
...Using SGS3 lte... and i don't see any lag on mine.. but i cant be certain since I don't have the exact stats..

.. hell, how do u even get the framerate stats to come up on those games?

SGS3 isnt a tegra device either. Using FPS meter in the market. Requires root. Its a buck. Hell even dead trigger runs smoother than Deadzone. I get dips into the teens of FPS on deadzone.. that is where that stutter is happening and its happening quite often.
Nexus 5: Paranoid RastaKat / Faux123
Nexus 7 FHD: Paranoid RastKat / Faux123

-SW-
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I think I figured out geejay's setup after playing one match against him . Jammer, radar, health pack. I suggest geejay that you invest in some grendaes . They help clear a path so you can reach the zone full health, then you can go to town with the doom hammer.
The Following User Says Thank You to -SW- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geejay008
Old
(Last edited by geejay008; 8th January 2013 at 10:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 46
hahaha! /gives sw a cuddly toy..

yeah, that's my current setup... just not too vocal about it, since a lot of quake and counterstrike vets will make mincemeat out of the whole room with that setup... =_=

I'm surprised no one guessed sooner tbh, but then I guess they either underestimate this lethal combo... or they're in the same idea as myself and decided to keep quiet about it... >_< lol!

...putting grenades will upgrade it's attack potential and would most likely give me a gap...

... but by then I've no means to recuperate once I'm behind the lines.. =_=

also run2 perk is a crucial part of the setup... and if you've not got that one available... health2 is a good 2ndary..

if everyone starts using this, then imho it'll be back to using 'follow player' before spawning in order to figure out patterns... =_=

it was a good game btw, just can't quite put my 100% on it so long as I'm either in the office or my wife & kid is awake... =_=

I guess I have u and everyone else who reads this to watch out for from now on.. ^_~

mwhite5471
Old
(Last edited by mwhite5471; 9th January 2013 at 03:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹BER™ View Post
SGS3 isnt a tegra device either. Using FPS meter in the market. Requires root. Its a buck. Hell even dead trigger runs smoother than Deadzone. I get dips into the teens of FPS on deadzone.. that is where that stutter is happening and its happening quite often.
Thx for the fps meter tip...i'll grab it tonight.

UPDATE:

Works like a charm...had to disable HW overlays in Dev options.

Getting 30-35 when spectating using low.

Droidlover123
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Are you people not getting match making problems???
Hit THANKS if i helped you...

geejay008
Old
(Last edited by geejay008; 9th January 2013 at 10:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 46
...just tried fps meter and used it on one ZC match:

AVG-29
MAX - 39
MIN 27

I didn't disable HW overlay

...that's ok tbh, not fantastic.. but ok enough so that i don't notice any lag in game and it definitely doesn't affect my overall gameplay... which is quite important for me...

imho, i question the validity of these values...

...i feel that unless the game has a built in fps counter.. I'm not entirely sure that the framerate is being measured correctly... the little numbers already started fluctuating even when i was on my phone launcher (nova)... =_=

... there's also a possibility that framerate is affected by your connection's latency...

@Droidlover123

...if its the sometimes excruciatingly long time it takes for you to join a quick match (DM/ZC) then yes, everyone's affected by it... you can drink a bit of coffee and have some toast as you wait... longest I've had to keep pressing ok then join was about 5 minutes... but I'm also on premium, so I'm not sure how that will affect the time it takes to join a match... =/

PhantasmRezound
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Better worry about me in higher levels, geejay. I've been using stealth setup with health/nade swap as SW suggested since before your discussion lol. Miguelvp1 inspired me from his sneak attacks. :3

I'm going to set out to win a match with OSOG, Mace, and Bandit out of spite for SW's weapon ranking today.

geejay008
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantasmRezound View Post
Better worry about me in higher levels, geejay. I've been using stealth setup with health/nade swap as SW suggested since before your discussion lol. Miguelvp1 inspired me from his sneak attacks. :3

I'm going to set out to win a match with OSOG, Mace, and Bandit out of spite for SW's weapon ranking today.
lol! i welcome the challenge... ^_^

...i actually prefer not seeing specific people on the radar... makes it more interesting... knowing that they cant see me too... that's where mindgames start coming into play...

...though due to the fact that I'm kinda biased on my doomhammer/shredder setup... I'm currently not as versatile as I'd like to be... =_=

and since you probably play on US servers, I probably won't see u unless you specifically join EU servers... then there's the matter of trying to catch me on a random game when I'm online... =_=

*sigh*

if only they made 'zone control' selectable when inviting friends to a match... =( hope they do this on the next patch... not everyone wants to play DM vs their friends... =/

R3dbeaver
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Update details are out. Basically Sh*tstorn II nerf and that's it.

This game is down the drain. Taking subscription off of this thread.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app
-=............Rogers Moto X XT1058 Stock 4.4.2............=-
-=...............Rogers RAZR XT910 PA 3.99.................=-
-=...................Nexus 7 Gen 1 Stock 4.4.2................=-

Get your free DropBox account: http://db.tt/4nQkEJqC