Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] boot animations for note ii - UPDATED

Tip us?

nerys71
Old
Thanks Meter 390
to set the boot ani you have to delete a few files and rename some files. I would just love a little app that "does this" with a click so I can then just use rom toolbox to install whatever ani I want

prepaidguy9081
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
When I make the cwm installs you can flash one of those and it will do that work and then just use rom toolbox

Make sure ur rom toolbox is pointed to system/media it defaults to data/local. If u have already been using rom toolbox go and delete this file

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Dawgneck
Old
(Last edited by Dawgneck; 20th November 2012 at 09:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks for this info, OP.

Will this also replace the "static" Samsung graphic screen that displays before the animation?

If it doesn't, can you direct me to instructions that explains how to replace it with my own?

Thanks in advance.

prepaidguy9081
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
It will not replace the stock samsung galaxy note ii splash

You will haft to look. And show me too.

Still working on shutdowns.

deeznutz1977
Old
(Last edited by deeznutz1977; 21st November 2012 at 08:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgneck View Post
Thanks for this info, OP.

Will this also replace the "static" Samsung graphic screen that displays before the animation?

If it doesn't, can you direct me to instructions that explains how to replace it with my own?

Thanks in advance.
I believe the splash screen is kernel here not for our phone but samsung....http://rootzwiki.com/topic/29242-ep4...t-splash-image
The Following User Says Thank You to deeznutz1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerys71
Old
Thanks Meter 390
splash is kernel and it should be changeable. they got a fix for it on the S3 but I am pretty sure its not nearly the same CPU in the two (S3 Note II) so it likely won't work for us till someone makes a similar fix for us.

prepaidguy9081
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
I will see if I can dig up anything

The Following User Says Thank You to prepaidguy9081 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SantinoInc
Old
Thanks Meter 717
I am a little confused about the stepsi have to take to change the boot animation. I understand about deleting the files in system/media and system/bin but it's unclear to me what to do work the downloaded boot animation. Am I just renaming the file to"bootanimation"and putting it in system/media?

Second question is will this get rid of the boot sounds if the downloaded bootanimations are silent?
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2

nerys71
Old
Thanks Meter 390
just install rom roolbox. once you delete and rename the files you can just tell rom toolbox to install whatever boot animation you want.

SantinoInc
Old
Thanks Meter 717
I tried doing all these things manually with root explorer. I did everything as per the OP's instructions. I downloaded the alien animation and renamed it to bootanimation.zip and put it in system/media and renamed it to samsungani and put it in system/bin. When my phone boots I still have the annoying sprint audio boot but my animation is a blacked or screen.
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2