Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 45,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Navifirm : Firmware Downloader

Tip us?

tids2k
Old
(Last edited by tids2k; 3rd November 2012 at 08:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 632
Default [APP] Navifirm : Firmware Downloader

Although already posted in the unlocking section.

Download firmware for your Nokia 920 through this software.

Attached Files
File Type: zip navifirmplus_1.7.zip - [Click for QR Code] (348.1 KB, 9758 views)
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tids2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hkalltheway
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tids2k View Post
Although already posted in the unlocking section.

Download firmware for your Nokia 920 through this software.

Can we de-brand a Rogers Lumia using this as well? Thanks for your input and contributions

karlmueller
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
Can we de-brand a Rogers Lumia using this as well? Thanks for your input and contributions
I would be interested in cross-flashing to a different firmware too since I ordered my Lumia 920 here in Germany and so it is very likely to come with that annoying EU imposed volume cap in place.

I would really love to put some non-EU firmware on my phone to get rid of that stupid cap ...

So any information about flashing to a different varian/firmware would be highly appreciated

thx

karlmueller
The Following User Says Thank You to karlmueller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edgedemon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much for this..
Im now considering buying a cyan sim free from best buy and importing it into the UK as it looks like it might be possible to get the device unlocked based on what I have seen posted elsewhere

Moscow_97
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Does it mean that I can buy t-mob and use it everywhere I need with wcdma or gsm?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

pencilcase
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlmueller View Post
I would be interested in cross-flashing to a different firmware too since I ordered my Lumia 920 here in Germany and so it is very likely to come with that annoying EU imposed volume cap in place.

I would really love to put some non-EU firmware on my phone to get rid of that stupid cap ...

So any information about flashing to a different varian/firmware would be highly appreciated

thx

karlmueller
What "volume cap" are you talking about? Mine is from Germany and I have no cap whatsoever ...
Yesterday I was shizophrenic, today we're feeling fine.

Nokia Lumia 1020 yellow - GDR3

karlmueller
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilcase View Post
What "volume cap" are you talking about? Mine is from Germany and I have no cap whatsoever ...
You can't see the volume cap you can only hear it and to notice it you would need a non-capped device to compare their maximum volumes.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my Lumia 920 so I can't deff say if it's affected but for all the HTC Windows Mobile Phones I had so far the full volume setting wasn't nearly as loud with an EU based ROM as it was with a non-EU ROM.

As long as you only listen to "professionally recorded" / purchased music it's not a problem because with this even the EU-capped maximum volume is loud enough (unless you want to kill your ears of course).

But when you have non-professional live bootlegs from concerts you can't really listen to them with an EU-capped phone - at least not when you're in a noisy environment like out on the street.

blackpenny15
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Haven't figured out how i'm going to use it or get my lumia 920 unlocked yet but i'm seeing errors on 1232.2110.1244.3011 using EE firmware for white phone, DC_template_development_v4.bin causes a big .net exception
prd_signed.ffu dies at about 14% everytime you download with a webclient error, could be just nokia resetting the connection

edgedemon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpenny15 View Post
Haven't figured out how i'm going to use it or get my lumia 920 unlocked yet but i'm seeing errors on 1232.2110.1244.3011 using EE firmware for white phone, DC_template_development_v4.bin causes a big .net exception
prd_signed.ffu dies at about 14% everytime you download with a webclient error, could be just nokia resetting the connection
Be interested to see if you fix this mate..

AndyD777
Old
(Last edited by AndyD777; 10th November 2012 at 05:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
DC_template_development_v4.binWhat is the product number you are using to download?

Is this file any good? Its from the Yellow UK firmware:DC_template_development_v4
Nokia Lumia 800 - Cyan