This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
TeamDS is working on porting Jellybean to the HTC Doubleshot (CM10 in specific). We have a reasonably well working Alpha we would like to share with the community for testing. Feedback is appreciated. If a timely response is not found here, we can be located on Freenode in #teamds.
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE Data/Cache** (You can try to NOT WIPE, it works for me, but recommended wipe).
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Apps
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was your problem a hard reboot? Get us the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was your problem a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred.
- Join #TeamDS on Freenode to talk to us directly.
Direct download URL: http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip
20130101 build MD5: b661a782c6f2fed26f9c21f2af39f1de
(hosted by Jeagoss of CyanogenMod, thanks!)
You can find the latest CyanogenMod GAPPS CyanogenMod Wiki. Bottom of page, "CyanogenMod 10" GAPPS.
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
Alpha name explanation.
"Alpha 3" has all the features of Alpha 2 (kernel/device), but the camera works. Also, the vendor blobs have been reduced and some replaced for optimal performance.
"Alpha 2" was the rebased 'common' kernel, rebased device trees. It provided a 3.0.53 kernel. The camera locking was broken.
"Alpha 1" was with a "KANG" kernel that ultimately was not very clean and had a lot of issues to resolve. It was also older (3.0.36 compared to 3.0.53).
----- CHANGES -----
Build 20130101 -- Alpha 3
- Kernel rebase found in Alpha 2
- Fixes to the camera preventing the locking issue. Camera should be solid again!
- Contains functional Alt/Shift key LEDS, working www./.com button
- Restructured 'blobs' files, such as mpdecision and htcbatt.
(I have found improved battery statistics and usability with the blob changes.)
Happy New Year!
* Chrome and Panorama Camera PREVIEW continues to be a little glitchy graphically, I have been told this is a common MSM8660 issue. They both still work, but it's annoying visually.
* Please report your results, and if you can capture /proc/last_kmsg when it happens, it would be hugely appreciated!
Build 20121222 -- Alpha 2
This build has a somewhat new kernel base, as it's from a more up to date AOSP source which tbalden used when he ported our v2.6 kernel to v3.0 earlier in the year. It is a work in progress, but complete enough to warrant a release and more testing.
Build 20121121 -- Second public alpha (V 1.01)
- Upstream CM10 changes. No other large changes of note from previous 20121103 build pertaining to Doubleshot.
Build 20121121 (Alpha 1):
- Updated kernel base to v3.0.48.
- Updated keylayout. NEEDS MORE WORK.
Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between kornyone & tbalden. A LOT of core works for msm8660 was put in by many CM Team members, and much of our work is based on their: toastcfh, Kali-, Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, and all of the rest of CM!
A personal shoutout (THANKS!) is due to these individuals for their dedication to the HTC Doubleshot:
Stefan Seidel, Pál Zoltán Illés, and thanks to scverhagen of Github for keeping the kernel maintained!
THANKS to intervillium/intervigil for keeping the common HTC MSM8660 AOSP kernel up to date so many of our HTC MSM8660 phones are based on now in the Open Source community!
You can get all of the Doubleshot source from the following URLs:
CyanogenMod source is available from CyanogenMod Github
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.
20130101 -- Alpha 3 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip
20121222 -- Alpha 2 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip
20121121 -- Alpha 1.01 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip
20121103 -- Alpha 1.0 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip