Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightlies
CM9 is not actively developed anymore, neither from my side, nor upstream - please consider installing CM10.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2092937)
The buildbot resources are beeing used for other projects and/or Jellybean builds
Furthermore these builds are multiDPI, i.e. you can run the rom at any dpi between 160 and 240 while having hi-res assets.
Because of the locked bootloader of the P940 this is a 2nd-init rom, which means that the recovery is included within every system update. So if you want a recovery other than the included you need to reapply it after an update.
For more info see this article about 2nd-init:http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd...d_how_it_works
We can now sign boot images and therefore a custom kernel is included:
Make sure you are updated to stock LG ICS update (v20d) prior flashing the first time.
And remember to wipe data/cache
(These steps need only to be done once. Later updates can be just flashed over an existing installation without the need of a wipe)
For a list of what is working and what not, see the second post.
And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, etc.
You need to have a custom recovery installed in order to flash these builds;
Latest Gapps for ICS (Gmail included)
Tip: If you want to have your density settings persist over updates and don't want to edit build.prop with every update, use local.prop.
create a file named local.prop in your /data root (i.e. /data/local.prop) with the following contents (overrides ro.sf.lcd_density in build.prop):
- Won-Kyu Park - for his awesome work on bringing custom recoveries to LG phones
- Ricardo Cerqueira - for his work on the LG Star devices (mainly P990). This made some of the porting a tad easier for me glancing at his changes.
- Dexter - for his outstanding work on the Optimus 4X HD bootstrap recovery
- cvpcs - for his work on the Bionic Bootstrap
- koush - Clockworkmod Recovery
- cyanogen - For starting this great project
- Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you