There is no gurentee that this will progress beyond its current state however I intend to keep it updated with camcorys updates.
EDIT: as of 120412 I will for sure no longer provide any 4.1 based updates, I'm at work on 4.2 and I'll post it here if I can get a successful boot.
Galaxy W folks
Arco (3.0 kernel)
What is AOKP?
AOKP is similar to cm10 but with hundreds of themeing and customization options to choose from. The speed of AOKP is slightly faster than CM10 as well. For a full list of these features visit
- ROM Control
- Status Bar
- EDGE, 3G, 4G (DATA)
- Theme Manager
- SD Card
- Internel SD
- Wifi Calling (May not work)
- Video Editor
- Hardware Acceleration
- USB Teathering
- BT Audio
- Video Playback is choppy
- Emergency Calling [911 Calls]
(The fix to this is have the direct numbers of your local fire and police stations available) if its fixed all pust an update for this
Stuff to Know
- Internal SD is mounted as /SD card
- Externel SD is mounted as /external_SD
- Facebook Sync is not included in AOSP, there are alternatives in the market.
- occasional screen flicker - set minimum CPU frequency to 368 or possibly 768 and it should go away
How To Install
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the AOKP ROM
- Download Google APPs (Contact Sync,Setup,Play Store, ect.)
- Hold home and power buttons until the phone reboots and the Samsung logo appears.
- The stock recovery should then apear.
- make shure cwm recovery is on the internel SD card and from stock recovery flash the zip file (should be easy to figure out)
- reboot recovery again
- select backup and restore and do a backup.
- do a romwipe and then flash AOKP
- *flash gapps
- AOKP is installed now
I would recomend a ROMWIPE if installing over CM9/CM10 but it is not neccicary