[GUIDE] No-Wipe Jelly Bean Factory Images ***Final Update: 6/1/13***

Search This thread

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Stock Jelly Bean Factory Images with Root, Custom Recovery, Unlocked Bootloader and No Data Wipe

k08ea.jpg

Description: This is a guide that will help you flash a 99% stock factory image for the official Jelly Bean leaks for Verizon Galaxy S III overwriting every partition on the device to stock. The ONLY major change I have made is for your convenience it keeps all your data/apps/settings and internal storage partition in tact. In addition to that I have also provided a small mod in the image that allows the following options below as optional flashes.
  • Flashing ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery
  • Adding SuperSU (Rooting your ROM)
  • Unlocking your Bootloader
Minor Warning: Please note that if you had any special mods that you had to manually flash before or move on the system partition (like Google Wallet, AOSP 4.2 apps like camera and gallery, etc...) they will be lost as you are overwriting your system partition to factory stock. Please make sure to do the needful with your mods before following this guide (for example resetting the Google Wallet app).

Frequently Asked Questions
  • I have just received the Jelly Bean OTA and all I'm looking to do is root it. What do I do?

I have created a new thread for such a method. Please refer here: Link

• Does this method trip the flash counter?

Yes and no. The only time your flash counter gets tripped is when you flash a custom kernel or recovery. Since the factory image in Step 1 contains the original kernel and recovery partitions, your flash counter should not be tripped. However, after flashing the custom recovery in Step 2, that will indeed increase the counter (no way to escape that since you are flashing a custom recovery).

Solution? Download the TriangleAway app from this thread or from the Play Store after you have completed Step 3 and reset the counter. That easy!

• I get an "MD5 hash value is invalid" error when I load the ODIN file. What do I do?

This usually happens whenever your downloaded file is corrupt and has not transferred properly to your computer and your best bet is to try to redownload the file and try once again.

However, there are certain cases where you download the file multiple times and still get the error. In that case there is a small workaround. Firstly, you should see an MD5 that I have posted for each ODIN file in the downloads below. Download this MD5 Checker application to your computer and verify that the MD5 value I have listed for the accompanying download matches the file you have download. If it does not, redownload the file again until you get a match (not safe to flash it in ODIN until you do). However, if the MD5 does match and you still get the same error, all you have to do is rename the file and remove ".md5" from the end of the filename and it will flash. But take note, ONLY do that if the MD5 matches the one I have listed. Otherwise you are running the risk of flashing a corrupt image in ODIN and you can hard brick your device in some cases.

• Do I need to flash kernel, radio, or RPM separately?

Not necessary at all. What makes my guide different from your everyday ROM is that these are complete factory images. What that means is that the image file contains every single updated partition for that build that you would need to bring your entire device to the latest build. Normally most ROMs that you flash in recovery only include System and sometimes Kernel partitions.

However, these ODIN images includes every single partition that exists on your device (kernel, radio, RPM, system, aboot, and over 15+ other hidden partitions you normally don't see or have access to). So upon flashing these images you do not have to flash any other partition as these will all automatically be upgraded after completing all three steps in my guide.

• I'm coming from a completely stock device. Will this guide work for me too?

Absolutely! This guide was exactly intended with stock devices in mind. Flash with no worries and at the end of all three steps you will be on the latest Jelly Bean build, rooted, and with an unlocked bootloader.

• I can't find Blocking Mode that was added to Jelly Bean on every other Galaxy S III. Where is it?

For some unknown reason Verizon decided to leave us out in the cold with Blocking Mode just as they didn't have the All-Share Cast option in ICS. They have done the same thing with the Galaxy Note II and recently a small workaround has been found to activate this feature. Please check this thread for details.

• After flashing this image I no longer see the lockscreen notification bubbles for missed calls and text messages that I had in ICS. Where did they go?

For one reason or another Samsung and Verizon intended to remove the lockscreen missed notifications with the Jelly Bean upgrade so what you are seeing is normal. There is a small workaround to get them back but then you will have a small bug if you do that. For the workaround, if you use Root Explorer to look in "/system/csc" you should see a file named "customer.xml". Rename it to "customer.xml.bak" and this is brings back the lockscreen notification bubbles. However, upon doing that you will notice that this message will now never go away. The helper text for that specific notification will never go away because that notification is not supposed to exist in Jelly Bean so it doesn't know how to clear it properly after you've completed the action. The only thing you can do is by the disabling the "Help" app in your Application manager ("All" tab), which will stop showing all helper text. The workaround is reversible so the choice is up to you.

• If I have <your build or ROM version here>, can I flash this image to get back to stock?

Absolutely. That is exactly what these factory images are intended for. They will reset your device to a complete build as official from Samsung and Verizon. Go right ahead.

Main Downloads
  1. Samsung Official USB Drivers - Link
  2. ODIN v3.07 - Link
  3. SuperSU (Root) - Link
  4. Verizon Galaxy S III Unlocked Bootloader - Links (1, 2)
  5. SuperSU + Unlocked Bootloader - Link

VRBMB1 Image Downloads
  1. Stock VRBMB1 Factory Image with No Data Wipe - Link
    MD5: b4507fd5bfdf59dbeedf51ff1a6afc7c
  2. VRBLK3 Bootchain with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 6.0.3.1 - Link
    MD5: 99f65a8ce3f93fa46ddad2e02fc0e9f9
  3. VRBLK3 Bootchain with TWRP Recovery 2.5.0.0 - Link
    MD5: 7245c10c1daa94b95d633f58547e77c1

Step-by-Step Procedure
Step 1 - Flashing the Factory Image
  • Download and Install USB drivers (Main Download #1)
  • Download and extract ODIN v3.07 (Main Download #2)
  • Download the Stock Factory Image with No Data Wipe (Image Download #1)
  • Boot phone into ODIN mode (See here for how-to)
  • Flash the flash the factory image using ODIN v3.07 (See here for guide on flashing)
  • After reboot you should now be on Jelly Bean with all your apps, data, and storage contents in tact
Step 2 - Installing a Custom Recovery
  • If you would like ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (Image Download #2)
  • If you would like TWRP Recovery (Image Download #3)
  • Flash the flash the recovery image using ODIN v3.07 (See here for guide on flashing)
  • After reboot you should now be able to boot into you recovery of choice using the button combos (See here for how-to)
  • Along with that the original bootchain for the factory image will be restored as well
Step 3 - Rooting Your ROM and Unlocking Your Bootloader
  • If you would like Root Only (Main Download #3 to your SD Card)
  • If you would like Unlocked Bootloader Only (Main Download #4 to your SD Card)
  • If you would like Both Root and Unlocked Bootloader Main (Download #5 to your SD Card) ***RECOMMENDED***
  • Boot phone into Recovery mode (See here for how-to)
  • Flash the download you chose from above using your custom recovery
  • After reboot your ROM will now be fully rooted and your bootloader fully unlocked to allowing additional flashing of custom kernels/recoveries

Credits

Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBMB1 leak (via PM)
Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBMA2 leak (via PM)
Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBLK3 leak (via PM)
Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBLK1 leak (via PM)
Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBLJ1 leak (via PM)
Credit goes to scrosler for providing the extracted VRBLI5 tarball (Original Link)
Credit goes to jucytec for providing the original VRBLI5 leak (Original Post)
Credit goes to cnlson for providing ftp filehosting (via PM)
Credit goes to scrosler for providing ftp filehosting (via PM)
Credit goes to AdamOutler and African-Canadian Sock Monkey for providing the Verizon Galaxy S III Unlocked Bootloader (Original Post)
Credit goes to invisiblek for providing the VRALEC Bootchain allowing custom recovery flashing (Original Link)
Credit goes to Chainfire for creating SuperSU (Original Post)
Credit goes to Koush for creating ClockworkMod Recovery (Original Link)
Credit goes to Dees_Troy for creating TWRP Recovery (Original Post)
Credit goes to alexcolodner for merging SuperSU/Unlocked Bootloader into one file and providing filehosting (via PM)

Last edited:

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Very nice, will have to give this a try.
I guess going back to the HE ROM would still work if you do a CWM Backup first?
One reason why I was reluctant to try I5 was having to reinstall all my apps and settings.
Does this also include the I5 radio baseband, or does that still have to be flashed separate? Some have reported the HE baseband is working better than the I5 one. Either way, it's easy to flash those zip.

Last edited:

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Just flashed it, and missing is any Camera or Gallery app, either the Samsung one or the (new) Android 4.2 one.

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Just flashed it, and missing is any Camera or Gallery app, either the Samsung one or the (new) Android 4.2 one.

Please note that mods you have applied to the system partition will have to be reinstalled after flashing the image. Since Camera and Galley are both mods that affect the system partition and you manually flashed onto it, you will lose them normally. Wallet is another example as well so make sure to reset your Wallet app before flashing this image. But you should still see the original Camera and Gallery apps show up that are part of the stock firmware. Please double check that they are not hidden in your launcher or disabled (see the bottom of your Application Manager for disabled apps) from a previous mods perhaps you disabled them before flashing the 4.2 apps. I can personally confirm after multiple testing that Camera and Gallery are both included in this firmware.

indyssee

Oct 8, 2011
I know this is going to be a stupid question... but is the stock (untouched) image not able to be rooted/unlocked? Only reason I ask is because I like having a factory image to flash that does wipe data so it acts as a "start fresh" approach. Thanks for this guide and the joined root/unlock. That's good stuff.

Reactions: qq584865489

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
I know this is going to be a stupid question... but is the stock (untouched) image not able to be rooted/unlocked? Only reason I ask is because I like having a factory image to flash that does wipe data so it acts as a "start fresh" approach. Thanks for this guide and the joined root/unlock. That's good stuff.

If you'd like to do a data wipe all you have to do after the image flashes is go into Settings > Back up and reset > Factory data reset. This does the same exact process. I highly don't recommend using the Original Untouched image or it is a much more complicated process to restore root and custom recovery after that. Hence this is why I created this modified image and this guide. The only reason I am linking to that image is for reference purposes only to any developers who want to explore and compare.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Please note that mods you have applied to the system partition will have to be reinstalled after flashing the image. Since Camera and Galley are both mods that affect the system partition and you manually flashed onto it, you will lose them normally. Wallet is another example as well so make sure to reset your Wallet app before flashing this image. But you should still see the original Camera and Gallery apps show up that are part of the stock firmware. Please double check that they are not hidden in your launcher or disabled (see the bottom of your Application Manager for disabled apps) from a previous mods perhaps you disabled them before flashing the 4.2 apps. I can personally confirm after multiple testing that Camera and Gallery are both included in this firmware.

When using the HE ROM, I only had the included Samsung Camera and Gallery app, I did not install the separate Android 4.2 app. So when I used ODIN to flash this I5 ROM, I noticed that the Camera and Gallery are not listed in the app drawer. I went into Settings/Applications, and they are still listed, but doesn't have an option to open them. Also went into Titanium Backup, to restore them from a backup of apps I did a few weeks ago. Even after restoring them, they still were not listed and could not be opened. I'm not sure why these two apps were having a problem, but after trying it for a day, I used CWM and restored my HE backup. Now the camera and gallery apps work again, as they should, but now I get a Visual Voicemail error each time the phone turns on. So I had to force stop that app from loading.

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
When using the HE ROM, I only had the included Samsung Camera and Gallery app, I did not install the separate Android 4.2 app. So when I used ODIN to flash this I5 ROM, I noticed that the Camera and Gallery are not listed in the app drawer. I went into Settings/Applications, and they are still listed, but doesn't have an option to open them. Also went into Titanium Backup, to restore them from a backup of apps I did a few weeks ago. Even after restoring them, they still were not listed and could not be opened. I'm not sure why these two apps were having a problem, but after trying it for a day, I used CWM and restored my HE backup. Now the camera and gallery apps work again, as they should, but now I get a Visual Voicemail error each time the phone turns on. So I had to force stop that app from loading.

Darn, it seems like your all mixed up over there now. My recommendation ONLY in your case is start fresh using the below process:
  1. Backup your internal SD Card contents to your computer
  2. Save your HE backup in safe place on the computer as well
  3. Flash the Original Untouched Data Wipe image ***REMEMBER THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING***
  4. Ensure that everything is working fine upon reboot, setup your phone and make sure all apps are working (Camera, Gallery, etc...)
  5. After that follow my guide from the start to the finish (flashing the No Data Wipe image first!)
  6. Confirm you are rooted, unlocked bootloader, have custom recovery and everything is working
  7. Use "Advanced Restore" in to restore only your "data" partition from your HE backup
If everything is good you can now restore your internal SD Card contents back to your device. Let me know what happens in each step.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoderz

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
I see some of my dropbox links are starting to be suspended due to the heavy traffic. I'd like ask if anyone would like to make some mirrors (especially the No Data Wipe image) please kindly PM me and I will add them to the OP.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Darn, it seems like your all mixed up over there now. My recommendation ONLY in your case is start fresh using the below process:
  1. Backup your internal SD Card contents to your computer
  2. Save your HE backup in safe place on the computer as well
  3. Flash the Original Untouched Data Wipe image ***REMEMBER THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING***
  4. Ensure that everything is working fine upon reboot, setup your phone and make sure all apps are working (Camera, Gallery, etc...)
  5. After that follow my guide from the start to the finish (flashing the No Data Wipe image first!)
  6. Confirm you are rooted, unlocked bootloader, have custom recovery and everything is working
  7. Use "Advanced Restore" in to restore only your "data" partition from your HE backup
If everything is good you can now restore your internal SD Card contents back to your device. Let me know what happens in each step.

I ended up using CWM and restoring one of the first HE backups that I did a few weeks ago, then tried the I5 (no wipe) install method again.
This time around, it did work, and the Samsung Camera and Gallery apps are there and working, as are all my apps.
The only thing I had to do extra was install the TW JB Google Wallet and 4.2 Keyboard after.

Reactions: Raw Dodge

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
I ended up using CWM and restoring one of the first HE backups that I did a few weeks ago, then tried the I5 (no wipe) install method again.
This time around, it did work, and the Samsung Camera and Gallery apps are there and working, as are all my apps.
The only thing I had to do extra was install the TW JB Google Wallet and 4.2 Keyboard after.

Excellent! Glad to hear you're up and running. :good: I had a feeling it was something in your latest data partition that was messing with it.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Excellent! Glad to hear you're up and running. :good: I had a feeling it was something in your latest data partition that was messing with it.

The only difference between the two HE backups is that there is a few weeks between them, which some app updates were installed through Google Play, the Google Wallet hack, and the Android 4.2 keyboard. So something in there had to cause the Samsung Camera/Gallery app not to work with the I5 (no wipe) ROM. But going to the older HE backup (which is before all those apps were updated) and without Wallet and Keyboard 4.2, then installing I5, the camera/gallery works.

By the way, I remember seeing last week a post (somewhere in here) that was just the I5 Kernel zip.
I did a search, but can't find it.
I want to try the KT747 Kernel, but would like the I5 Kernel to have as a flash backup.

Found the link, but looks like your DropBox is getting slammed
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33625822&highlight=kernel#post33625822

Last edited:

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
The only difference between the two HE backups is that there is a few weeks between them, which some app updates were installed through Google Play, the Google Wallet hack, and the Android 4.2 keyboard. So something in there had to cause the Samsung Camera/Gallery app not to work with the I5 (no wipe) ROM. But going to the older HE backup (which is before all those apps were updated) and without Wallet and Keyboard 4.2, then installing I5, the camera/gallery works.

By the way, I remember seeing last week a post (somewhere in here) that was just the I5 Kernel zip.
I did a search, but can't find it.
I want to try the KT747 Kernel, but would like the I5 Kernel to have as a flash backup.

Found the link, but looks like your DropBox is getting slammed
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33625822&highlight=kernel#post33625822

Attached it for you. Extract the tarball from the zip and flash in ODIN.

Attachments

• VRBLI5_Kernel.tar.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 181
Reactions: FAUguy

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Thanks.
I've also been reading about an RPM file in some other threads, but Inc's link is dead. Is that something that should be installed?

It's included in the image since it's the complete factory package. :)

EDIT: However also attaching the tarball zip in case you want to mess around with it. Flash in ODIN as well.

Attachments

• VRBLI5_RPM.tar.zip
    66.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
By the way, I haven't seen anyone mention it yet but this image finally unlocks the promised "Global Roaming" capabilities that Verizon promised via OTA. You can now use AT&T/T-Mobile/Other GSM carrier microSIM cards and run on their network. AKA: phone is now technically unlocked.

Reactions: BRAlNlAC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Jelly Bean Factory Images with Root, Custom Recovery, Unlocked Bootloader and No Data Wipe

k08ea.jpg

Description: This is a guide that will help you flash a 99% stock factory image for the official Jelly Bean leaks for Verizon Galaxy S III overwriting every partition on the device to stock. The ONLY major change I have made is for your convenience it keeps all your data/apps/settings and internal storage partition in tact. In addition to that I have also provided a small mod in the image that allows the following options below as optional flashes.
    • Flashing ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery
    • Adding SuperSU (Rooting your ROM)
    • Unlocking your Bootloader
    Minor Warning: Please note that if you had any special mods that you had to manually flash before or move on the system partition (like Google Wallet, AOSP 4.2 apps like camera and gallery, etc...) they will be lost as you are overwriting your system partition to factory stock. Please make sure to do the needful with your mods before following this guide (for example resetting the Google Wallet app).

Frequently Asked Questions
    • I have just received the Jelly Bean OTA and all I'm looking to do is root it. What do I do?

I have created a new thread for such a method. Please refer here: Link

• Does this method trip the flash counter?

Yes and no. The only time your flash counter gets tripped is when you flash a custom kernel or recovery. Since the factory image in Step 1 contains the original kernel and recovery partitions, your flash counter should not be tripped. However, after flashing the custom recovery in Step 2, that will indeed increase the counter (no way to escape that since you are flashing a custom recovery).

Solution? Download the TriangleAway app from this thread or from the Play Store after you have completed Step 3 and reset the counter. That easy!

• I get an "MD5 hash value is invalid" error when I load the ODIN file. What do I do?

This usually happens whenever your downloaded file is corrupt and has not transferred properly to your computer and your best bet is to try to redownload the file and try once again.

However, there are certain cases where you download the file multiple times and still get the error. In that case there is a small workaround. Firstly, you should see an MD5 that I have posted for each ODIN file in the downloads below. Download this MD5 Checker application to your computer and verify that the MD5 value I have listed for the accompanying download matches the file you have download. If it does not, redownload the file again until you get a match (not safe to flash it in ODIN until you do). However, if the MD5 does match and you still get the same error, all you have to do is rename the file and remove ".md5" from the end of the filename and it will flash. But take note, ONLY do that if the MD5 matches the one I have listed. Otherwise you are running the risk of flashing a corrupt image in ODIN and you can hard brick your device in some cases.

• Do I need to flash kernel, radio, or RPM separately?

Not necessary at all. What makes my guide different from your everyday ROM is that these are complete factory images. What that means is that the image file contains every single updated partition for that build that you would need to bring your entire device to the latest build. Normally most ROMs that you flash in recovery only include System and sometimes Kernel partitions.

However, these ODIN images includes every single partition that exists on your device (kernel, radio, RPM, system, aboot, and over 15+ other hidden partitions you normally don't see or have access to). So upon flashing these images you do not have to flash any other partition as these will all automatically be upgraded after completing all three steps in my guide.

• I'm coming from a completely stock device. Will this guide work for me too?

Absolutely! This guide was exactly intended with stock devices in mind. Flash with no worries and at the end of all three steps you will be on the latest Jelly Bean build, rooted, and with an unlocked bootloader.

• I can't find Blocking Mode that was added to Jelly Bean on every other Galaxy S III. Where is it?

For some unknown reason Verizon decided to leave us out in the cold with Blocking Mode just as they didn't have the All-Share Cast option in ICS. They have done the same thing with the Galaxy Note II and recently a small workaround has been found to activate this feature. Please check this thread for details.

• After flashing this image I no longer see the lockscreen notification bubbles for missed calls and text messages that I had in ICS. Where did they go?

For one reason or another Samsung and Verizon intended to remove the lockscreen missed notifications with the Jelly Bean upgrade so what you are seeing is normal. There is a small workaround to get them back but then you will have a small bug if you do that. For the workaround, if you use Root Explorer to look in "/system/csc" you should see a file named "customer.xml". Rename it to "customer.xml.bak" and this is brings back the lockscreen notification bubbles. However, upon doing that you will notice that this message will now never go away. The helper text for that specific notification will never go away because that notification is not supposed to exist in Jelly Bean so it doesn't know how to clear it properly after you've completed the action. The only thing you can do is by the disabling the "Help" app in your Application manager ("All" tab), which will stop showing all helper text. The workaround is reversible so the choice is up to you.

• If I have <your build or ROM version here>, can I flash this image to get back to stock?

Absolutely. That is exactly what these factory images are intended for. They will reset your device to a complete build as official from Samsung and Verizon. Go right ahead.

Main Downloads
    1. Samsung Official USB Drivers - Link
    2. ODIN v3.07 - Link
    3. SuperSU (Root) - Link
    4. Verizon Galaxy S III Unlocked Bootloader - Links (1, 2)
    5. SuperSU + Unlocked Bootloader - Link

VRBMB1 Image Downloads
    1. Stock VRBMB1 Factory Image with No Data Wipe - Link
      MD5: b4507fd5bfdf59dbeedf51ff1a6afc7c
    2. VRBLK3 Bootchain with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 6.0.3.1 - Link
      MD5: 99f65a8ce3f93fa46ddad2e02fc0e9f9
    3. VRBLK3 Bootchain with TWRP Recovery 2.5.0.0 - Link
      MD5: 7245c10c1daa94b95d633f58547e77c1

Step-by-Step Procedure
    Step 1 - Flashing the Factory Image
    • Download and Install USB drivers (Main Download #1)
    • Download and extract ODIN v3.07 (Main Download #2)
    • Download the Stock Factory Image with No Data Wipe (Image Download #1)
    • Flash the flash the factory image using ODIN v3.07 (See here for guide on flashing)
    • After reboot you should now be on Jelly Bean with all your apps, data, and storage contents in tact
    Step 2 - Installing a Custom Recovery
    • If you would like ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (Image Download #2)
    • If you would like TWRP Recovery (Image Download #3)
    • Flash the flash the recovery image using ODIN v3.07 (See here for guide on flashing)
    • After reboot you should now be able to boot into you recovery of choice using the button combos (See here for how-to)
    • Along with that the original bootchain for the factory image will be restored as well
    Step 3 - Rooting Your ROM and Unlocking Your Bootloader
    • If you would like Root Only (Main Download #3 to your SD Card)
    • If you would like Unlocked Bootloader Only (Main Download #4 to your SD Card)
    • If you would like Both Root and Unlocked Bootloader Main (Download #5 to your SD Card) ***RECOMMENDED***
    • Boot phone into Recovery mode (See here for how-to)
    • Flash the download you chose from above using your custom recovery
    • After reboot your ROM will now be fully rooted and your bootloader fully unlocked to allowing additional flashing of custom kernels/recoveries

Credits

Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBMB1 leak (via PM)
    Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBMA2 leak (via PM)
    Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBLK3 leak (via PM)
    Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBLK1 leak (via PM)
    Credit goes to "source requested to remain anonymous" for providing the original VRBLJ1 leak (via PM)
    Credit goes to scrosler for providing the extracted VRBLI5 tarball (Original Link)
    Credit goes to jucytec for providing the original VRBLI5 leak (Original Post)
    Credit goes to cnlson for providing ftp filehosting (via PM)
    Credit goes to scrosler for providing ftp filehosting (via PM)
    Credit goes to AdamOutler and African-Canadian Sock Monkey for providing the Verizon Galaxy S III Unlocked Bootloader (Original Post)
    Credit goes to invisiblek for providing the VRALEC Bootchain allowing custom recovery flashing (Original Link)
    Credit goes to Chainfire for creating SuperSU (Original Post)
    Credit goes to Koush for creating ClockworkMod Recovery (Original Link)
    Credit goes to Dees_Troy for creating TWRP Recovery (Original Post)
    Credit goes to alexcolodner for merging SuperSU/Unlocked Bootloader into one file and providing filehosting (via PM)
    To all Verizon Galaxy S III owners,

This is likely my last update folks. I am very sorry to leave you guys but I will be selling my device in a few days so unfortunately I will no longer be available to support it properly anymore after that. I have updated the thread to the latest image that is currently available and it should be able to work on this version with all future OTAs later on. It's been a fun 11 months guys and I will now leave it to the rest of the team to take it from here. Going to miss you all and if any of you choose to still follow me, I'll see you all on the next Galaxy. ;)

Thanks for the memories!

Signing off,
    Open1Your1Eyes0
    I have just received word that VRBLJ1 will not be final OTA. There is already a new test build as there are still a couple of bugs in J1 to be ironed out.
    Everyone stay tuned, yet another new leak incoming (again courtesy of a source who wishes to remain anonymous). Please check back for updates.
    Heads up guys I have one more factory image that I should be posting in a few days (and likely going to be my last as well). It's the one we've been missing this whole time on the latest OTA we are currently on version I535VRBMB1.