Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - Stock Injected [TMO/MCT/GLW/VTR]

Tip us?

vouty
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstflyer View Post
I have flashed TWRP and installed Jedi v9 rom. I am trying to get the allshare cast to work and have found from reading the only hope (at least that I can find) is be in an "Original" or unmodified state on the SGN2 to get it to work. If I use the toolkit to reinstall the factory recovery in place of TWRP --
1. can I do this with the custom rom and still function
2. will it allow the device to return to the original or unmodified state
3. reset the counter using the toolkit or triangle away

Just a beginners guess and any educated guesses or better knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping that this may work and that if I need to change roms, return to stock, etc. that i could just use Odin and flash the new image or recovery.
I would start by restoring the "stock" kernel. I've read many posts saying it's a non-stock kernel that causes the status to change to "modified." I think a non-stock recovery does too, but Triangle Away can fix this. That is what I am running now. I have mrRobinson's rooted stock rom plus CWM. Having CWM causes the status to be modified, but TA fixes that on boot up. As of now, it can't fix having a non-stock kernel. Good luck.
Current: Samsung Galaxy S5 (Project Destiny ROM v1.0) T-Mobile USA
Past: Tweaked 2.5 UVBMD1 4.1.2 T889 Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to vouty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wess666
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Works prefect! Flashed with mobile odin and everything went smoothly. Now counter is at 0 and status normal and official everywhere

tongueman87
Old
(Last edited by tongueman87; 18th February 2013 at 06:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 81
Deleted

rubber duckie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
how can u i use the debloat after rooting? their is a failure when i try to run the zip file in recovery?

mrRobinson
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8019
Default Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - Stock Injected [TMO/MCT/GLW/VTR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
how can u i use the debloat after rooting? their is a failure when i try to run the zip file in recovery?
Did you flash a non stock recovery like cwm or twrp?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buttered AOKP Builds
The Following User Says Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rubber duckie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - Stock Injected [TMO/MCT/GLW/VTR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson View Post
Did you flash a non stock recovery like cwm or twrp?
I did not. Wouldnt that trip flash counter? Im trying to keep as stock as possible but with junk removed.

wess666
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I did not. Wouldnt that trip flash counter? Im trying to keep as stock as possible but with junk removed.
1 - Yes, flashing a custom recovery ( CWM or TWRP) will trip counter

2 - If you want to keep stock AND remove junk, your best bet is to use Titanium recovery and freeze away what you don't need. You could even uninstall system files but that may get you a MODIFIED status which is clearly not what you want... Tread carefully thou and make sure you KNOW what you are freezing/removing

Let me know if you need more details... there is a thread I read a while ago about a list of safe apps and services to freeze/remove, I will try to find it for you

ardcifliku
Old
(Last edited by ardcifliku; 25th February 2013 at 06:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 185

Quote:
This is the list of the app that are frozen using titanium back up app.running stock rom stock recovery. .

sent from my NOTE 2 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361816448716.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1760240   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361816462470.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1760241  

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8019
Updating the Canadian images today to the 4.1.2 release. Guess I missed these and no one posted asking for them...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8019
Latest Canadian variants uploaded. root injected with the latest SuperSu 1.10

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]