Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - Stock Injected [TMO/MCT/GLW/VTR]

Tip us?

deeznutz1977
Old
(Last edited by deeznutz1977; 7th November 2012 at 01:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson View Post
so when you put the recovery on there it went to 1. then you reset it to 0 with the app and it is staying at zero across reboots?
didn't someone mention they the counter wouldn't go to zero for them when they rooted the other method?
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352291085142.jpg
Views:	1125
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1463673
The weird thing is in download mode is doesn't have any word s at the top of the screen. Actually anywhere? ? Edit : Top picture after,bottom before.
Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	odin.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	1463761  

Jerry D
Old
Thanks Meter 108
That is weird. I had the "words" last night. Sorry I can't provide you with an answer I just wanted to share my experience.
"Without Order there is Chaos and ANYTHING Chaotic Destroys Itself"
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrRobinson
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8043
Yea that is weird. Once my ATT arrives I'll play with it a bit and see how it behaves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJ ELITE
Old
(Last edited by DJ ELITE; 9th November 2012 at 07:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Device status states it is "MODIFIED."

Can't check for OTA updates.

Sent from another dimension using a SGH-T889

offdutyninja808
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Worked like a charm. I was under the impression that this would wipe everything, but it didn't. Rebooted and everything was exactly as it was plus root. Device status normal.
My little Android lineage...

HTC Sensation
Samsung Vibrant
HTC MyTouch Slide
LG Optimus T
HTC MyTouch 3g
The Following User Says Thank You to offdutyninja808 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gordonzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdutyninja808 View Post
Worked like a charm. I was under the impression that this would wipe everything, but it didn't. Rebooted and everything was exactly as it was plus root. Device status normal.
Good to know I was just going to ask the same thing, I want to get media hub wirking with root and I think this is the answer. It'll also reset the flash counter right?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
- Gordon

- Innostream Inno 90 > SE S700i > Motorola SLVR > SE w850i > TMO Wing > HTC Touch HD > BB Bold 9700 > BB Bold 9780 > HTC myTouch 4G > BB Bold 9780 > BB Bold 9900 > Samsung Galaxy S III > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One M7 > Samsung Galaxy Note III

- HTC Evo View - Rooted. HC. > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 [N8000]

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8043
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzhao View Post
Good to know I was just going to ask the same thing, I want to get media hub wirking with root and I think this is the answer. It'll also reset the flash counter right?

It won't reset it just won't increment it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buttered AOKP Builds
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gordonzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I thought I read it will reset it? Since triangle away isn't resetting to 0.

- Gordon

- Innostream Inno 90 > SE S700i > Motorola SLVR > SE w850i > TMO Wing > HTC Touch HD > BB Bold 9700 > BB Bold 9780 > HTC myTouch 4G > BB Bold 9780 > BB Bold 9900 > Samsung Galaxy S III > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One M7 > Samsung Galaxy Note III

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8043
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzhao View Post
I thought I read it will reset it? Since triangle away isn't resetting to 0.

triangle will reset to 0 if you flash this. if you load a non-stock recovery per other root methods then the counter will alway increment up to 1 i believe. With this, once triangle away sets it to 0 it will stay at zero. If you use this first it will never increment in the first place and you won't need triangle away if you are happy with stock + root.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gordonzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson View Post
triangle will reset to 0 if you flash this. if you load a non-stock recovery per other root methods then the counter will alway increment up to 1 i believe. With this, once triangle away sets it to 0 it will stay at zero. If you use this first it will never increment in the first place and you won't need triangle away if you are happy with stock + root.
At the moment that is what I'd like but mine is already at 1 so let's hope it will reset!

- Gordon