Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,079 Members 50,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM and TWRP Recovery For RAZR HD Developer Edition

Tip us?

GoClifGo05
Old
(Last edited by GoClifGo05; 17th May 2013 at 08:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 365
Default CWM and TWRP Recovery For RAZR HD Developer Edition

Tucstwo made a one click flash. Read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucstwo View Post
Like mentioned in the OP. I made a 1 click for the HD that removes all the necessary files that would over write you custom recovery AND then flashes either CWM or TWRP for you. Just need windows and a phone. No fastboot, no nothing. Just plug in and click.

Here if you want it

**All Credit to Hashcode**

TWRP will work on any XT926 with an unlocked bootloader.

Download the latest version of TWRP from here: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/

I believe someone has created a tool that will install this for you in a "one-click" fashion. I would recommend that to anyone not really familiar with fastboot or has lesser confidence in using this method.

Here are instructions: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/twrp-a...razr-hd-xt926/ (Ignore the TWRP download links from that article because they may be old.)

*Hashcode, XDA, nor I are responsible for what you choose to do with your device**
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
Retired: Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition / Droid X2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoClifGo05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madmonkey57
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Would these work with the XT925 as well (unlocked bootloader obviously) ?
Motorola RAZR HD (XT925) running CyanogenMod 11.0 (3.0 kernel version aka JB BL / 3.4 kernel version aka KK BL)

Orphee
Old
Thanks Meter 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonkey57 View Post
Would these work with the XT925 as well (unlocked bootloader obviously) ?
+1, would like to know it too
Thank you
Motorola RAZR HD (XT925)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 4G/LTE (SM-T805)

The number you have called is not assigned or is not accessible.
Please try again later.

GoClifGo05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 365
No, these are only intended for XT926 Developer edition. Check the other development area. You guys have a recovery.

Edit: if you want to be 100% sure message @dhacker29 on twitter.

Sent via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper
The Following User Says Thank You to GoClifGo05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Orphee
Old
Thanks Meter 366
Ok Thank you
Motorola RAZR HD (XT925)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 4G/LTE (SM-T805)

The number you have called is not assigned or is not accessible.
Please try again later.

GoClifGo05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 365
Sure thing.

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper

lucidvtec
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Wish I had a dev edition!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

GoClifGo05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 365
Safestrap 3 is very close for you guys. It wont take long now

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper

Kevlar01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Greetings,
I've just moved up to the XT926 from the Droid X2 and I have a basic question concerning use of these recoveries. I flashed a lot of ROMs on the X2 but I knew I always had the battery pull "safety net" available in case of soft brick or boot loops...and I had to make use of it several times.

This is my first "no battery removal" device and since the battery pull is not really an option on the XT926 (well, not without a lot of extra work), I was wondering if its always possible to get the phone booted into one of these recoveries from say a boot loop, or if some other "disaster recovery" method is needed for such events. I'm looking forward to flashing some ROMs on this awesome phone (once they get a bit more stable), but I'd like to know what I might be in for before I start.

If this is a more complicated topic than should be addressed here, I'd be happy to go look at a different forum/posting if someone could point me to it! Thanks in advance for any help!

GoClifGo05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 365
Ok just to start the recoveries in this thread are for the developer edition only. The safestrap recovery for all the other versions is in the other development section.

To your questions there should be a reset combination for resetting the battery (like pulling it.) Also you should almost always be able to fastboot flash back to stock if something goes wrong.

Moto X DE
Nexus 7 - Grouper

The Following User Says Thank You to GoClifGo05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]