CWM and TWRP Recovery For RAZR HD Developer Edition

OP GoClifGo05

9th November 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thanks for the reply and yes, I have the Dev Edition (I was going to buy @ full retail anyway to preserve my unlimited data on VZW; figured the DE might provide more possibilities down the road for updates once the developer community started working with it).

Good to hear that there are HW methods available to recover. I'll do more google research before I embark on any major changes. Thanks again!
10th November 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 199

636 posts
More
I'm in the same boat as Kevlar. I'm buying at full retail to save my unlimited data. Debating between RAZR HD Dev Edition or the RAZR HD MAXX. My GNEX battery just sucks and so do the radios.
So if I get the Dev edition I can use the CWM or TWRP but they won't work on the MAXX. Only safe strap works?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by rebretz000; 10th November 2012 at 03:18 AM.
10th November 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 365

1,521 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebretz000

I'm in the same boat as Kevlar. I'm buying at full retail to save my unlimited data. Debating between RAZR HD Dev Edition or the RAZR HD MAXX. My GNEX battery just sucks and so do the radios.
So if I get the Dev edition I can use the CWM or TWRP but they won't work on the MAXX. Only safe strap works?

That's correct since they don't make a Dev Maxx.
10th November 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 13

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebretz000

I had the same debate and people on Rootz assured me that the non-MAXX has a great battery too. So I just ordered the Dev Edition.
11th November 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maryland

1,521 posts
More
You wont be sorry at all. Its a great phone.

Sent via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to GoClifGo05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th November 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
I've been using the dev HD for two weeks now and the battery is right on par with my old RAZR maxx.
The Following User Says Thank You to CastorTroy45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #17  

636 posts
More
Can someone please answer my noob question.
I've been reading up on flashing ROMs for the RAZR HD but all directions are for the regular RAZR HDs not the Developer Edition so they all talk about Safestrap.
Does the SD card need partitioned if using TWRP or CWM when flashing ROMs onto Developer edition.

19th November 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #18  

636 posts
More
I installed TWRP but I think I like CWM better. Is it possible to switch? Just delete all TWRP files and then install CWM?
I tried flashing two ROMs.. CM10 & Vitreous but got errors on both using TWRP. Want to try CWM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
26th November 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quick question.

The directions make it clear that renaming recovery.sh is a fairly important step in the process. However, when I went to browse the /system/ect folder I could not find the recovery.sh file. I could find install-recovery.sh however. Is this the same file?

Thank you.

Edit: Got it all worked out and it seems to work flawlessly so far. Thank you for all of the hard work.
Last edited by Spazmonkey83; 28th November 2012 at 06:00 AM.
26th November 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maryland

1,521 posts
More
If you use TWRP it should rename the file for you like the directions say. If you are in system/etc then yea it should be the same file.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread