Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lg Thrill 4G Root 2.3.5

Tip us?

markga2007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Talking Lg Thrill 4G Root 2.3.5

I tried and tried to find a way to root my Lg Thrill 4G. I tried all of the options on the thread "Thrill 4G SuperOneClick 2.2 (EASY ROOT)", but I was still unable to root my phone. Here are the specs for my phone and the steps I took to successfully root my device:

Model Number: LG-P925

Android Version: 2.3.5

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7+

Build Number: GRJ90

Software Version: LGP925-V20p-FEB-22-2012

I found a forum with a windows command (CMD) program that rooted my phone. I can't post the link because I am still a junior member here.I found the link on theunlockr. I have attempted to attach the file below.

All credit goes to VulnFactory. All I did was find this. I take no credit or responsibility for the program. AS I HOPE EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS, ROOTING YOUR PHONE VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY, AND YOU RUN THE RISK OF BRICKING YOUR PHONE IF YOU ATTEMPT TO ROOT. NEITHER I NOR VulnFactory ARE LIABLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE AFTER USING THIS PROGRAM.

I made sure I had the current LG drivers installed, disabled the LG Modem device in the Windows Device Manager, Enabled USB Debugging in my phone, and ran the program with my phone powered on and connected to my laptop. The program did the rest (and it did take a while).

I now have SuperUser permissions and am able to install apps such as SetCPU and Titanium Backup.

I hope this helps someone like me out there who had no idea how to overcome problems with superoneclick for the LG Thrill. I tried superoneclick 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, and 2.3.3 and had no sucess. I kept getting stuck at step 7 of the shell root process. This worked for me and I hope it works for you too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lg thrill root VulnFactory.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.24 MB, 2528 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to markga2007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ted619
Old
Thanks Meter 20
How did u update the lg thrill to gingerbread

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

ZombieWarez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Upgrade to gb using the lg tool just Google it and you'll find it. Via a pc/laptop of course. And and an easy simple no hassle way to root is using megatron root for thrill

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Raso
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by markga2007 View Post
I tried and tried to find a way to root my Lg Thrill 4G. I tried all of the options on the thread "Thrill 4G SuperOneClick 2.2 (EASY ROOT)", but I was still unable to root my phone. Here are the specs for my phone and the steps I took to successfully root my device:

Model Number: LG-P925

Android Version: 2.3.5

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7+

Build Number: GRJ90

Software Version: LGP925-V20p-FEB-22-2012

I found a forum with a windows command (CMD) program that rooted my phone. I can't post the link because I am still a junior member here.I found the link on theunlockr. I have attempted to attach the file below.

All credit goes to VulnFactory. All I did was find this. I take no credit or responsibility for the program. AS I HOPE EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS, ROOTING YOUR PHONE VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY, AND YOU RUN THE RISK OF BRICKING YOUR PHONE IF YOU ATTEMPT TO ROOT. NEITHER I NOR VulnFactory ARE LIABLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE AFTER USING THIS PROGRAM.

I made sure I had the current LG drivers installed, disabled the LG Modem device in the Windows Device Manager, Enabled USB Debugging in my phone, and ran the program with my phone powered on and connected to my laptop. The program did the rest (and it did take a while).

I now have SuperUser permissions and am able to install apps such as SetCPU and Titanium Backup.

I hope this helps someone like me out there who had no idea how to overcome problems with superoneclick for the LG Thrill. I tried superoneclick 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, and 2.3.3 and had no sucess. I kept getting stuck at step 7 of the shell root process. This worked for me and I hope it works for you too.
Thank you so much for posting this!! It WORKED GREAT!
Raso

bberge007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How to you install the downloaded drivers?

losilmalem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Helping han

Me, I've just downloaded the install packages somewhere else and everything went well!!! try it and inform!!!