XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][26APR'13][RedPill] ExFAT | STweaks | Scoobydoo | UV/OC | Ext2Int

Tip us?

D3_
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongster View Post
Just a quick update. I'm currently testing an aosp kernel for those that may prefer to use r2p4 (faster but with minimal memory leak and has GPU oc/uv and 2GHz OC support).

If you'd like to help test this out (advanced users who know how to revert to and from r2p4 and r3p0 and get some dmesg logs) please thank this post then leave a message on our FB page so I can contact you and send you the test link via FB. This will allow us to communicate more efficiently during the test phase. (Due to the time difference please don't expect an instant response...)
I'm assuming you've seen the r3p1 commit in the CM10.1 builds, are you going to be testing that too?

Dr. Hax
Old
Thanks Meter 11
So I flashed this and it now I get no signal and my baseband is "unknown"
Pretty sure kernels are NEVER supposed to touch the modem and the baseband....
Current phones: Google Nexus 4 (16GB) and Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile)
Retired phones: DROID RAZR M. Galaxy Nexus (borked and sold)HTC Thunderbolt. HTC Rezound ("rented") Droid Incredible (gave to girlfriend) and Droid X (sold!)
Computer setup: AMD Phenom II X4 820 OC'd to 3.2GHz with 4GB DDR3 and an Nvidia GeForce GTX470

Earphones: Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10's

This statement is false.
New mission: abort mission.
Does a set of all sets contain itself?

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Can anyone elaborate this under STweaks:

Quote:
Frequency for Responsiveness
400Mhz default, what happens if say I set it to above 400Mhz ?
Nexus 5 32GB D820
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

pongster
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5930

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Kernel][01FEB'13][RedPill] ExFAT | STweaks | Scoobydoo | CPU & GPU UV/OC | Ext2I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hax View Post
So I flashed this and it now I get no signal and my baseband is "unknown"
Pretty sure kernels are NEVER supposed to touch the modem and the baseband....
Hopefully you READ the OP that says this is for the N7100 International version and you're actually flashing it on a N7100 International version.

Flashing a kernel never touches the modem and baseband.
Check out the Insanely Fast, Uber Smooth, Exceptionally Stable Firmware & Kernels Built by the HyperDroid Dev Team...Get the latest updates... Click to Follow me on Twitter! Like our page on Facebook!

If you're enjoying the work we share with you please Press the THANKS button and RATE the thread... its FREE!

pongster
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5930

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Kernel][01FEB'13][RedPill] ExFAT | STweaks | Scoobydoo | CPU & GPU UV/OC | Ext2I

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3_ View Post
I'm assuming you've seen the r3p1 commit in the CM10.1 builds, are you going to be testing that too?
That will be in the stable AOSP release. Haven't tested it yet as I'm not getting serious memory issues that can convince me to move away from an experimental r2p4.
Check out the Insanely Fast, Uber Smooth, Exceptionally Stable Firmware & Kernels Built by the HyperDroid Dev Team...Get the latest updates... Click to Follow me on Twitter! Like our page on Facebook!

If you're enjoying the work we share with you please Press the THANKS button and RATE the thread... its FREE!

edwin124
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Excuse me for my ignorance but i tried to find the answer. Will this rom work with a stock 4.1.2 rom? Im on the fence as to which rom to run, but would like a kernel to help with battery life as the stock rom isnt all that bad really

Dimitri178
Old
Thanks Meter 35

Wow some people are really stupid. If you flash something before reading the full OP, you deserve to get your device bricked.

Especially if you dont have the n7100; p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimitri178 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moro30
Old
Thanks Meter 11
redpill 1.30 (N7100) work with CRT OFF mods??

D3_
Old
Thanks Meter 408

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin124 View Post
Excuse me for my ignorance but i tried to find the answer. Will this rom work with a stock 4.1.2 rom? Im on the fence as to which rom to run, but would like a kernel to help with battery life as the stock rom isnt all that bad really
As long as you've got an n7100 and you flash the correct version of the kernel, yes it will work

The Following User Says Thank You to D3_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edwin124
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3_ View Post
As long as you've got an n7100 and you flash the correct version of the kernel, yes it will work

Thanks! Yes i have a N7100 on stock rom but just rooted

Tags
blazing fast, brutally efficient, kernel, redpill, remarkably responsive