I copied all the information from my evo 4g to rezound because I was not able to *228 activate like with the evo 4g. ( I have two phone now with the same esn number on straight talk, I keep the evo turned off with battery out.)
* you will not be able to *228, so you have to manually put in the settings.
What you need:
* CDMA Straight Talk donor phone & service plan (phone model ends in C for CDMA), and a 30-day unlimited service plan. For example, you can get the LG 220C for $50 with a 30-day plan, makes the phone cost just $5 bucks http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-T...ished/17113676 Never turn this phone on or put the battery in it. You just need the red card with the esn number on it.
HTC Sync to install drivers (after you have drivers you can uninstall):
HTC Diag Drivers
CMDA WS 2.7 (3.8 is ideal if you have the cash to buy it! I think you could do the whole phone with the full version.)
DFS - download from http://cdmatool.com/Download and register for Demo account at http://cdmatool.com/Register it shouldn't expire and a Demo account will work fine, just has a nag screen making you wait 60 seconds every time you run it. After you download & install make sure to enter your login that you registered.
QPST 2.7 build 366
PRL and DFS settings: Contains the Straight Talk PRL for VZW/Sprint phones, and screenshots for how the DFS settings should look on a phone to get 3G working: I am using prl - 59299
This guide was for Flash VZW HTC Rezound/Vigor Full Flash to Cricket Wireless but it works the same and credit does to jtheis23 at XDA. from kr8zeivan's post.
First make sure you install HTC Sync for your drivers, put phone is DIAG mode (##3424#) and pull up you device manager to unsure your phone is recognized. You should see two ports:
HTC Diagnostic Interface
HTC Diagnostic Interface 9k
I understand that 8k (HTC Diagnostic Interface) is voice and 9k is net/web. If you are all good its ok to uninstall HTC Sync. Make sure you disable any anti-virus that may be running as it will remove CDMA WS it will think it a trojan because of key generator. Next I used CDMA WS to unlock phone, write NV only, write NAM 1 & 2 and write prl. If you are using the cracked version click on the yellow round icon with a small star and it will launch key and open program. WS 2.7 can use ports 1-25 so make sure you have your device connected to ports 25 or under.
1. Connect to HTC Diagnostic Interface port from the MAIN tab. Go to SECURITY tab look for SPC area (Do not read) just
enter 000000 click on SPC then click send. You should get a message saying your phone is unlocked.
2. Go to OTHER tab look for R-UIM Config: Select NV only then click on write. Should get a message saying change was successful. You can now write your prl.
3. Look for PRL on the OTHER tab should be just above R-UIM. Make sure it stays in "universal" and NAM1 and click write
load your preferred prl it should say prl written successfully. Then do the same for NAM 2. Click on MAIN tab and disconnect.
4. Connect to HTC Diagnostic Interface - 9k port from MAIN tab. Go to SECURITY tab look for SPC area (Do not read) just enter 000000 click on SPC then click send. You should get a message confirming you are unlocked. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Go to MAIN tab and disconnect. Reboot phone. On my first reboot I notice it did not write but reverted the prl back to Verizon's 58008 prl. However when I continued to write the Nam info on the next steps it stuck. I don't know why.
6. After reboot put phone back into DIAG mode and reconnect to 8k port go to SECURITY and unlock the phone. Go to NAM tab. From here I was able to read from phone and write without errors. Read from Nam 1. Update MIN/MDN, MCC (310) MNC (00), local SID (whatever yours is)/NID (65535)/IMSI (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) make sure you replace the X's with your area code and MIN. I used PRL enabled, System Standart, Otapa enabled. Write to phone. Repeat steps for Nam 2. Go to MAIN tab and disconnect.
7. Connect to HTC Diagnostic Interface - 9k port. Go to SECURITY tab and unlock phone. Go to NAM tab and repeat step six. Write to phone. Go to MAIN tab and disconnect. Reboot phone. After reboot from phone go to settings >Wireless networks> Mobile Networks> Network mode> Change to CDMA only. Go back to home screen. From dialer press *#*#4636#*#* and call. Go into Phone information and set preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL). Press turn off radio (this may take a few seconds) then turn radio on (this may take a few seconds) exit. You should now have talk and text. (My rezound is rooted and I downloaded LTE switch here to change the radio to cdma prl auto)
8. Put phone back into DIAG mode ##3424# call and to to WS 2.7 to unlock only. Go to QPST and connect to 8k port. Read from phone .For me I was able to follow the QPST tutorial with no problem and update both profiles did M.IP and PPP and wrote to phone with no issues. Reboot. When I tried doing the same on 9k port I got "Serious error encountered write aborted". I tried doing it without reading just writing and still got the error message. So I finished the EVDO settings for 9k port in DFS.
Follow the pics for dfs settings.
9. Put phone in DIAG mode go to WS 2.7 to unlock phone. Launch DFS 18.104.22.168 (I used Demo version and it worked for me) connect only to port 9k do not read! Go to PROGRAMMING tab select DATA tab enter PPP UID (firstname.lastname@example.org) pwd (vzw) write. Then Go to M.IP go to Selected Profile Settings enter NAI (email@example.com). Set Prim HA address to 0.0.0.0, set Sec HA address to 0.0.0.0 go to Share Secret User Profile. AAA shared secret (verizon) HA shared secret (verizon). Write current profile settings. At this point you may get failed to write messages at the bottom. Just ignore them. Repeat these steps for NAM2. Press Reset upper right hand corner. If your phone does not reboot on its own reboot it. If you want you can go back into DFS and read phone from PROGRAMMING and DATA tab to see if your PPP settings stuck. Do the same for M.IP if they did not try repeating the process. I had to do it a couple of times got error messages but sure enough they wrote to phone and I was successful in getting data 3g on phone.