Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FAQ frequently asked questions

Tip us?

noi1988
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is there a video tutorial available on how to root my gnote 2? thanks in advance.

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by noi1988 View Post
is there a video tutorial available on how to root my gnote 2? thanks in advance.
sorry, there are plenty of root methods, you will have to ask the individual threads

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

skyjedi
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic View Post
sorry, there are plenty of root methods, you will have to ask the individual threads

can this be added?

Q: Can I flash an international or At&t ROM?
A: This may work one day, but it does NOT work now. If you flash another variant ROM right now you WILL lose data. If you flash radios from another variant you will lose your baseband. The fix for anyone not understanding this is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1997150

Again, if you don't know what you are doing, DO NOT TRY THIS OR ENCOURAGE OTHERS.

IF someone how knows what they are doing figures out a safe method to do this, they will post it, till then I would suggest DO NOT ROGUE FLASH OR ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO ROGUE FLASH.
All your questions can be answered here

SkyJedi

xphooon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
tnx brother

kingdazy
Old
(Last edited by kingdazy; 12th December 2012 at 01:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 680
new to this section of XDA, and I was wondering if you could add a little explanation of firmware naming convention/progression?
like "ljc" came out on this date, and so forth? took me a day or two to figure that out in the E4GT forums, still learning that here. I just know there are noobs out there scratching head wondering what it all means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noi1988 View Post
you could look here, which would take you to here...?

Samsung Galaxy Note III
Rooted and ready! Too easy!
Running ☆ ★ Something from this section!! ★ ☆ (usually stock/rooted)
ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 - AndroidWookie FTW!!

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdazy View Post
new to this section of XDA, and I was wondering if you could add a little explanation of firmware naming convention/progression?
like "ljc" came out on this date, and so forth? took me a day or two to figure that out in the E4GT forums, still learning that here. I just know there are noobs out there scratching head wondering what it all means...

you could look here, which would take you to here...?

I'll post about the firmware but the rooting has different options and it changes regularly so I won't post rooting instructions beyond looking in the dev section

The Following User Says Thank You to reinaldistic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pindog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Audio Question about having music on while screen is off

I was wondering why does the music stop whenever I press the lock screen button on the right side of the phone? The samsung galaxy s3 doesn't have that problem and I was wondering how to have the music on while the screen is off. Please anybody let me know...

motomoose68
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Browser About:Blank

How do I prevent the stock browser from opening an about:blank window, after I close all open windows? In the past on my E4GT with ICS, the Home page would open after closing all the windows.

fahadshaikh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
niceee.

Max_Pain
Old
Thanks Meter 331
thanks for the faq.

I have to admit I opened the thread ready to be snarky and find it to be crap, but I actually learned a few new things I didn't know yet. I've had the phone for about 4 days and hadn't figured out some things by playing with it that I got now because of this thread.

should be stickied!
HTC Wizard -> HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy S4 (wife) -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy Note III