reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Pain View Post
thanks for the faq.

I have to admit I opened the thread ready to be snarky and find it to be crap, but I actually learned a few new things I didn't know yet. I've had the phone for about 4 days and hadn't figured out some things by playing with it that I got now because of this thread.

should be stickied!
it is stickied!

PoppaGrizzly
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Converting MP3 file for ringtone use

I've been having a difficult time converting files to use as ui and ringtones. I've downloaded a converter and went through the process of converting them to .ogg files but when I place them in the correct files they will not play. Rooted with stock ROM, using file explorer. I know it's something simple and I've searched to find my own answer to no avail. Thanks.

Skripka
Old
Thanks Meter 597
Default Re: FAQ frequently asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaGrizzly View Post
I've been having a difficult time converting files to use as ui and ringtones. I've downloaded a converter and went through the process of converting them to .ogg files but when I place them in the correct files they will not play. Rooted with stock ROM, using file explorer. I know it's something simple and I've searched to find my own answer to no avail. Thanks.
Make a folder on your sd card called "Ringtones" without quotes. Place mp3s or oggs inside. Profit.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Skripka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MobileHackerC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how do i update my flashed to Boost G2

i have a Sprint GN2 that is Flashed to Boost. I have the stock rom 4.1.1.1. ? and it is rooted with twrp (Odin)

patrao_n
Old
(Last edited by patrao_n; 28th February 2013 at 05:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 932

Does this phone have recovery packed into the kernel? Or is it separate? On my current phone the kernel has a recovery built in which is overwritten with any kernel flash. Did some more reading and found that recovery is standalone. Am I correct?

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G
Done and done

XPinochitoX
Old
Thanks Meter 31

here's a question do we need ma7 to be able to use Google wallet

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

patrao_n
Old
Thanks Meter 932

No. But ma7 requires no extra steps to get it to work. Just install the apk and thats it.

Done and done

emmac176
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I learned something Thank you very much

NewMC
Old
(Last edited by NewMC; 6th June 2013 at 08:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default FAQ Suggestions

Suggestions:

1) How to get Google Wallet working on Sprint Galaxy Note II, I haven't been able to get mine to work yet with MC2 and I've done quite a bit of reading on the subject. I'm sure there are numerous users out there in my shoes. Edit: I understand that you already have a link for getting Wallet to work on the older roms/firmware but this never worked for some of us, Wallet quit working for others on MA7 or MC2.

2) Options for managing/swapping internal/external storage, there are many available but most of the specific threads do not specify whether they work with Sprint variant or not. Seems users are at trial/error with this, should be a solid explanation somewhere on recommended methods to use with stock rooted/unrooted rom.

Thanks!

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomoose68 View Post
How do I prevent the stock browser from opening an about:blank window, after I close all open windows? In the past on my E4GT with ICS, the Home page would open after closing all the windows.
kill it with the stock task manager

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app