XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] T-Mobile Note 2 wireless charging mod

Tip us?

KittyFae
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo4V View Post
Subscibing... Stupidly ordered a wireless charging kit for the 7100 ASSuming that it would work for the tmob gn2, then noticed this thread ... DOH
You and me both. I guess I should have known better from the past. At least the parts on amazon are rather cheap.

vinas1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo4V View Post
Subscibing... Stupidly ordered a wireless charging kit for the 7100 ASSuming that it would work for the tmob gn2, then noticed this thread ... DOH
Sounds like a lot of us did the same thing. Knowing that, any folks who can test with their modded or kit wireless will help speed up the research for everyone! I'm hopeful at this point, but have not had a chance yet to do a tear down. Been working late hours this week but I should have a chance to disassemble the Gn2 this weekend for sure. So far the plan is to do a visual inspection of the wireless charging circuit and compare it to the sprint pictures in the OP. I'm guessing that a bypass is in order and it may be as simple as using some foil tape or conductive marker; but that's all speculation at this point.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Rooted Stock JellyBean
Android Version: 4.1.2
Build: JZO54K.T889UVBMD1
Kernel: SaberKernel_30.2
Radio: T889UVBMD1
Firmware: stock
Recovery: CWM Touch
Mods: Wireless (palm pre) charging mod

HTC Dream -> Galaxy S Vibrant -> HTC Sensation 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Note II, all on T-Mobile

note300tt
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyFae View Post
You and me both. I guess I should have known better from the past. At least the parts on amazon are rather cheap.
+1
i ordered note 2 and wireless charging items (from amazon) the same time. I should've read it in detail. sighhhhhhhhh , cheaper to buy international note 2 also sighhhhhhhhh

perryh1
Old
Thanks Meter 20
seems like it may be hardware related, if you look to the left of the pins, there is something attached on the sprint board that is missing on ours i will circle it in the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121109_143326.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	1469740  
The Following User Says Thank You to perryh1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

note300tt
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryh1 View Post
seems like it may be hardware related, if you look to the left of the pins, there is something attached on the sprint board that is missing on ours i will circle it in the picture
The pic is T mobile G2 right? Are you still going to try and see it will charge or not?

degeneration
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
I don't doubt your info, but it seems weird to me that other carriers (sprint specifically I think) can't access their pins, but would have added hardware that would make the phone capable of wireless charging, and we have access to the pins, but lack the hardware capability to take advantage of them.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 T889 (stock rooted)
Asus TF300T (stock rooted)
Google Nexus 7 (Stock)
Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 (CM9.1; No sim)
Samsung Galaxy S T959 (CM10; No sim)
HTC Dream (CM6; No sim)
[Gave away]Asus Tranformer 16GB (CM10)

vinas1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
I agree. I got a chance to take some macro shot of this with my DSLR. Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	1470284   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	1470286   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	1051
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	1470288   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	1053
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	1470289  

HTC Dream -> Galaxy S Vibrant -> HTC Sensation 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Note II, all on T-Mobile

perryh1
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I have a wind mobile note 2. Identical to the tmobile version. I did poke around with my multi meter and couldnt find the positive charging pin connected to anything. Just to be clear im no expert I just took my phone apart so it may help others figure this out. Especially since I already ordered the palm touch stone stuff lol

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to perryh1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinas1
Old
(Last edited by vinas1; 10th November 2012 at 05:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
As it stands now, I jumped the USB 5vdc internally with a tiny wire, over to the wireless positive pin. It's working, although it was a tough mod. But it is totally internal so I guess this will have to do for now. So I have wireless charging (kind of, it works teh same as USB) on the T-mobile Note 2 now. If anyone wants to do the same thing, post up a pic of the board by the USB plug and I'll label the connector that you can use for the 5vdc source. The reason it's a tough mod is because you have to solder a small connection to the board under the capacitive touch buttons. It took me about 4 hours to find a good power lead on the board and make it all work internally!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vinas1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinas1 View Post
As it stands now, I jumped the USB 5vdc internally with a tiny wire, over to the wireless positive pin. It's working, although it was a tough mod. But it is totally internal so I guess this will have to do for now. So I have wireless charging (kind of, it works teh same as USB) on the T-mobile Note 2 now. If anyone wants to do the same thing, post up a pic of the board by the USB plug and I'll label the connector that you can use for the 5vdc source. The reason it's a tough mod is because you have to solder a small connection to the board under the capacitive touch buttons. It took me about 4 hours to find a good power lead on the board and make it all work internally!
Please do. I might do the same thing... I have lots of touchstones and a couple Note2's that need some inductive lovin'!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

Tags
t-mobile wireless charging mod note 2 gn2 sgh-t889