Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beware the N7100/N7105 UK Con

Tip us?

Chivalryyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwelmor View Post
You're all dreaming......There is no where in any of the Uk stores (t mobile, orange, EE, phones 4 U etc) where you can buy the N7105 for 499 or 450 or any of the prices quoted here.....period! You cannot get it on Pay as you go, and the only way to get it sim free through the retailers is to pay top whack at 999 at a Samsung store or go for a pay monthly contract with EE for a min. of 12 months. Online the best bet in the UK with all the taxes paid etc. is at prepaymania.co.uk at 563 or chance it on eBay and they're currently fetching about 510 but you'll need to buy an unlock code on top of this. So......as of today in the UK that's the best you'll get for the LTE Note II
walked away from 1 in my local orange shop today as they only had the white,, i wanted titanium,,,
The offer was as i have stated in other posts... 450 for the handset on ORANGE payg.... with a mandatory 10 top up.....

would of had that today if i could stomach the white... which i cant.... so a wait till titanium stock comes in :0(

If you STILL dont believe me... just go look on the orange website..... thewy have it listed there for sale on PAYG for 499 although titanium out of stock there too....) factor in 30 quidco or topcashback and its 470 online..

Pat.
Old
(Last edited by Pat.; 30th November 2012 at 03:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 77
Remove

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivalryyyy View Post
when all the networks are running 4g as standard ...That and possibly the ability to use threes hspda+42 add an alternative to 4g
There can never be an "LTE" standard because of all the bands in use worldwide. A "standard" in the UK is worthless anywhere else. HSPA will continue to be the "roaming" standard until a single LTE radio is capable of supporting this laundry list of bands. The Galaxy Note 10 will be out by then.

keith2065
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_coffee View Post

I went into a 3 store and got to play with a real "3" note 2, this was an N7100 despite "3's" customer service promising me that it was 4G ready for sure, it turns out they are currently only stocking the N7100 what is really bad is that 3 are pushing the fact that they are upgrading their network to DC-HSDPA (theoretical 42 Mbps real world 15 mbps) but regarding Samsungs the only DC-HSDPA phone available are the Galaxy S3 LTE and the Note 2 LTE, so the regular note 2 will not be able to make the best of "3s" newly enhanced network.
Three's customer service folk don't have a single bloody clue between them. I was told the exact same bull**** about their Note 2 being 4G compatible. I ended up taking the N7105 with t-mobile, but I'm sending it back because t-mobile simply don't compare to Three in my area. I don't know what to do now! I want the N7105 with Three, preferably without ever having to speak with a Three rep ever again.

andy a
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can assure you that Phones 4 U sell the LTE handset only at 459 FACT!!!

Pat.
Old
(Last edited by Pat.; 2nd December 2012 at 12:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy a View Post
Are you referring to the post by Gwelmor ?
I pretty much came to the conclusion the Guy was saying 999 & no cheaper was posting that as a kind of "spoof" post to justify what he is selling them on for.
Its quite a common thing, he only posted once on XDA & there's been an add running on Birmingham Gumtree saying the same, ie that they are 999 & he can sell you one for alot less.
Here's the add its possibly the same person..
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/bn...ier/1003982171

Tomo1971
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2065 View Post
Three's customer service folk don't have a single bloody clue between them. I was told the exact same bull**** about their Note 2 being 4G compatible. I ended up taking the N7105 with t-mobile, but I'm sending it back because t-mobile simply don't compare to Three in my area. I don't know what to do now! I want the N7105 with Three, preferably without ever having to speak with a Three rep ever again.
Now there's the thing. ..Three and tmobile share most the sites and the antenna on the sites and as they run from the same frequency then coverage should be the same or at least very similar.

Sent from my Samsung Note II.

jonnybruce
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Well I have just got the 7105 on EE in london and am getting 20mbps here.
Well worth the money.
Only problem I've got is the are no custom roms being created for this phone yet.

andy a
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi mate

Yes I am referring to his post as he is talking nonsense, I was in a Phones 4 U shop the other day talking to the Manageress and she confirmed that the note 2 7100 or 7105 are both available to buy at 459 the 7105 is locked to t mobile so it would need unlocking I will be getting one from there in the next couple of weeks

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat. View Post
Are you referring to the post by Gwelmor ?
I pretty much came to the conclusion the Guy was saying 999 & no cheaper was posting that as a kind of "spoof" post to justify what he is selling them on for.
Its quite a common thing, he only posted once on XDA & there's been an add running on Birmingham Gumtree saying the same, ie that they are 999 & he can sell you one for alot less.
Here's the add its possibly the same person..
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/bn...ier/1003982171

nyda83
Old
(Last edited by nyda83; 2nd December 2012 at 12:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy a View Post
not true!!! I went in 7 phone4u shops and all want to sell me the lte version for 499+10 top up

they tell you that it costs 459 but when you go to pay they scan the box and appears that it costs 510...try to buy it if you don't believe me