5,597,871 Members 38,416 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XDA Forum login issues.

Tip us?

jaykresge
Old
(Last edited by jaykresge; 9th November 2012 at 04:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391
Default XDA Forum login issues.

EDIT: Not an advertising issue, as pointed out throughout this thread. Potential solution (works for me) is to change the forum theme. Go to the lower left of the forums and use the drop-down box. Change to the last option XDA 2013 beta 1024. This has fixed the issue for me, as well as for Formicae (post #4) who reported this fix.

Yesterday I started having issues with the website. Whenever I'd visit, I'd have to log back in. However, navigating to a subforum would automatically log me in. I initially assumed that it had to do with me getting Chrome 23 last night. However, then I noticed it happening on my phone's browser (Stock touchwiz browser). I didn't just have two systems go loopy at the same time.

I'm one of those oddballs that uses an adblocker but whitelists domains that I trust. I want you guys to get advertising revenue from me because I support the website. But, I noticed the problem resolved on my phone whenever I got around the popup ad. So, I re-enabled ad-blocking on this domain. Guess what? Problem solved. No more login issues.

Might want to look at your advertisements and see what's preventing users from remaining logged in. I could login and navigate to the subforums, but then if I clicked the forum button at the top, I'd be logged out again until I navigated elsewhere. There's an advertisement doing this.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jaykresge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

formicae
Old
Thanks Meter 211
I'm not sure it's ads. It happens to me whether I block them or not. But SOMEthing is making me log back in or, as you say, just go to a subforum.

kcnr91
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by formicae View Post
I'm not sure it's ads. It happens to me whether I block them or not. But SOMEthing is making me log back in or, as you say, just go to a subforum.
+1, It's not related with ads. My browser returning nocache=1 after login.

formicae
Old
Thanks Meter 211
I switched to the XDA 2013 Beta theme (bottom left of browser window, drop menu) and haven't had to log in again despite a couple of browser restarts and a computer restart. Might be nothing, but worth a shot?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to formicae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Salty Wagyu
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I've been required to login on every visit to XDA as well, started on Monday or Tuesday afaik.
| Nexus 4 16GB | ROM: 4.4.2 Stock (rooted) |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Franco |

| Nexus 7 16GB (Wi-Fi) | ROM: 4.4.2 Stock (rooted) |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Franco |

kcnr91
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Anyone using SkipScreen on Firefox?

nikosrs4
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
me too having the same problem.

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10594
Some new changes may be causing this - these are being investigated.

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ravynmagi
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Happening to me as well. Using the XDA 2010 theme if that matters.
Android: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013, LG G Pad 8.3 LTE, Nook HD+
iOS: iPhone 5S, iPad Mini with Retina LTE
Windows: Lumia 521, Venue 8 Pro

jaykresge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by formicae View Post
I switched to the XDA 2013 Beta theme (bottom left of browser window, drop menu) and haven't had to log in again despite a couple of browser restarts and a computer restart. Might be nothing, but worth a shot?
This fixed it for me. Updated first post.