Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XDA Forum login issues.

Tip us?

MrMagic
Old
Thanks Meter 100
I'm having the same issue. Being logged out randomly no matter what theme I choose. When it happens I can usually fix it by clicking on page 2 of the forum that I'm in, which logs me in automatically. When I then click on page 1, I stay logged in.

The weird part is that this only happens on my home PC. My PC at work doesn't have the problem. Both are running the latest version of Firefox.

GuyInDogSuit
Old
Thanks Meter 412

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
I'm having the same issue. Being logged out randomly no matter what theme I choose. When it happens I can usually fix it by clicking on page 2 of the forum that I'm in, which logs me in automatically. When I then click on page 1, I stay logged in.

The weird part is that this only happens on my home PC. My PC at work doesn't have the problem. Both are running the latest version of Firefox.
The only way to fix this, I've found, is to hope that one of those times you log in, it STAYS logged in. It's happened to me a few times, only to log me out again a few days or even a few weeks later. Other option? Uninstall and wipe your browser data, then reinstall it. Thankfully there's Sync, or FEBE, to back up all your bookmarks and addons.
"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

Current Device(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
NVIDIA Shield

Paranoid Android Gapps

spud_work
Old
Thanks Meter 11
This should fix the problem for anyone that was being driven mad by this when using Chrome.

Edit your XDA bookmark and add this at the end /login.php?do=login

For example, I bookmark the Galaxy s2 forum like this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/foru...n.php?do=login and now I can log in every time without it keep forgetting my username and password all the time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spud_work For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fortunz
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_work View Post
This should fix the problem for anyone that was being driven mad by this when using Chrome.

Edit your XDA bookmark and add this at the end /login.php?do=login

For example, I bookmark the Galaxy s2 forum like this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/foru...n.php?do=login and now I can log in every time without it keep forgetting my username and password all the time.
So far so good. Thanks

‬1‬
Old
Thanks Meter 72
it's happening to me on both chrome and firefox. i'm using them at home and my workplace.so different places, computers browsers and same problem.

spud_work
Old
Thanks Meter 11
the fix i posted above works on both firefox and chrome and is tested on 4 different PCs
The Following User Says Thank You to spud_work For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

‬1‬
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_work View Post
the fix i posted above works on both firefox and chrome and is tested on 4 different PCs
that works but if i use bookmarks to reach to the forum.i rather writing to address bar xd and choose the links that i want .

spud_work
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ‬1‬ View Post
that works but if i use bookmarks to reach to the forum.i rather writing to address bar xd and choose the links that i want .
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Bookmarks are easy to edit to add the bit on the end

[AltaiR]
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Not exactly a login issue. Had problems accessing xda. I am currently in china, so this may have to do with the Great Firewall of china. Maybe it was blocked for a couple of days...along with the usual youtube, facebook blocks etc. Anyone from china had this problem?

x000x
Old
Thanks Meter 114
looks like this dreaded log out issue has returned a few days ago. i'm getting logged out daily again. sometimes more than once a day. not as bad as before, with hourly log outs, but still kind of strange why it has started happening again.
i had gone maybe 1-2 months of being logged in 24/7 before this started happening again.