Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XDA Forum login issues.

Tip us?

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1,184
Are you all saying the login issue is caused by popover ads not allowing you to see the login box? Or something else?
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L) | Oppo Find 5 (Omni)

Past Phones: Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4S, 4, 3G, 3 (Jailbroken), Motorola V360, HTC TyTN
Past Tablets/Devices: Arnova 10G2, Asus EEEPC 900a, IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads

the_scotsman
Old
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Thanks Meter 9,180

DONATE TO ME
it's nothing to do with ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpushr View Post
Are you all saying the login issue is caused by popover ads not allowing you to see the login box? Or something else?
Nope, he's having the same problem I posted in your thread earlier. hasn't happened to me again since then though.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1,184
I just pushed a new fix which I believe will correct this. To take effect you might need to wipe your browser cache/cookies.

If anyone is still having problems logging in, or staying logged in, please clear your cache and cookies and re-login (check "Remember me") and then if it happens again, let me know what page you clicked on that logged you out (for example - showthread.php or forumdisplay.php).
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L) | Oppo Find 5 (Omni)

Past Phones: Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4S, 4, 3G, 3 (Jailbroken), Motorola V360, HTC TyTN
Past Tablets/Devices: Arnova 10G2, Asus EEEPC 900a, IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads
The Following User Says Thank You to bitpushr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaykresge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Updated first post again to clarify.

EDIT: Thanks for the fix. I'll give it a try on multiple devices and report back.

jaykresge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Even though we're all certain that advertisements weren't causing the issue, I just wanted to add further confirmation. I started whitelisting XDA on my adblocker again yesterday and have no login issues.

HipKat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,829

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykresge View Post
EDIT: Not an advertising issue, as pointed out throughout this thread. Potential solution (works for me) is to change the forum theme. Go to the lower left of the forums and use the drop-down box. Change to the last option XDA 2013 beta 1024. This has fixed the issue for me, as well as for Formicae (post #4) who reported this fix.

Yep, that worked, thx!
Samsung Galaxy S4 • SCH-R970
Android 4.4.4
ROM • SOKP MKK444 V01
KERNEL • Alucard v2.6.9.b
GAPPS • PA Modular Full 4.4.4 20140804
RADIO • R970TYUFND1
RECOVERY • Philz Touch 5.06.6

My Life Is Committed To Jesus!

iBotPeaches
Old
Thanks Meter 2,095

DONATE TO ME
Switching to 1024 theme also worked for me.

I would literally get logged out for switching tabs and coming back to XDA. Really put a damper on releasing my ROMs this week because every-time I would edit the post and submit, it would say please log back in.

EDIT: Wiping caches seem to work too. Back on normal theme.

theslam08
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykresge View Post
EDIT: Not an advertising issue, as pointed out throughout this thread. Potential solution (works for me) is to change the forum theme. Go to the lower left of the forums and use the drop-down box. Change to the last option XDA 2013 beta 1024. This has fixed the issue for me, as well as for Formicae (post #4) who reported this fix. [/strike]
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for making this thread. I too thought it was just the update to chrome or something (on dev builds - so who knows when something doesnt work what the real problem is) - but that it was not the site. But seeing others having this problem is a relief because now I dont have to re-login every time now as that fix fixed it for me (choosing the 1024 theme, they must have changed something so thanks admins!).
Google Nexus One → HTC HD2 → HTC VividHTC One
-Provider- ♦T♦Mobile
-------
-Phone: ♦T♦Mobile HTC One Dev-Unlocked, S-OFF (ViperRom/Firewater)
-Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1
-ROM: Latest Sense 6
-FW: 6.07.1540.1
-HBOOT: 1.57.000
-------
-Phone: •AT&T• HTC Vivid Dev-Unlocked, S-OFF
-Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
-ROM: CM11!

jaykresge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
It's doing it again today. I'm going to clear my internet cache/history/cookies everything and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll go back to the 1024 theme.

jacklebott
Old
(Last edited by jacklebott; 11th November 2012 at 12:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 490
No matter what I do, the 2010 theme doesn't keep me logged in :/
Guess I'll try to get used to the 2013 theme... (that extra space on the right of the browser annoys the heck out of me though)
EDIT: It's "forumdisplay.php" that seems to think I'm logged out, until I either refresh the page or open another link ("showthread.php" doesn't do it to me)
EDIT2: The 2013 theme doesn't work any better, it still thinks I'm logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity, then logs me back in after refreshing
Cool Nexus 4 Gaming Thread
Past Device(s):
Apple iPod Touch 3G
Motorola Backflip MB300
Present Device(s):
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800x; WiFi-only, FW 2.3.7 [NXT Light]+[LuPuS-GB]
LG Nexus⁴ E960; AT&T, FW 4.2.1 [ParanoidAndroid AOSPA]+[Faux123 Kernel]

"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die."