Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App Request] Pandora with AVRCP

Tip us?

2.2Eris
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [App Request] Pandora with AVRCP

I found a potential fix for meta data stream for Pandora but I have no idea how to apply this, here is the link for the patch: https://github.com/loganakamatsu/PandoraAVRCP any help would be greatly appreciated and may have a donation if confirmed working!
Samsung Galaxy S3
The Following User Says Thank You to 2.2Eris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2.2Eris
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Anyone?
Samsung Galaxy S3

bronze
Old
(Last edited by bronze; 9th November 2012 at 11:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I was also interested in this for use with the MyFord Touch system in my car, but the instructions provided on that website, as posted, never worked for me. After a few hours of tinkering, I got it to work. Modified Pandora 1.7.1 APK is attached. Install via ADB

adb install -r pandora_1.7.1-avrcp-signed.apk

I did a quick test after install and it was forwarding the song info as expected. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: apk pandora_1.7.1-avrcp-signed.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.16 MB, 391 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bronze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CheetoDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronze View Post
I was also interested in this for use with the MyFord Touch system in my car, but the instructions provided on that website, as posted, never worked for me. After a few hours of tinkering, I got it to work. Modified Pandora 1.7.1 APK is attached. Install via ADB

adb install -r pandora_1.7.1-avrcp-signed.apk

I did a quick test after install and it was forwarding the song info as expected. Enjoy!

Any chance you could also fix Spotify ?
https://github.com/loganakamatsu/SpotifyAVRCP
The Following User Says Thank You to CheetoDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

h3rnand3zz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Pandora 4.1 AVRCP\Unlimited Skips\No Ads

Attached is the modded APK Jleech330 had sent me with support for AVRCP and no ads and unlimited skips.

I have tested the application, and it does open and function, but I am not near my car so i can not test the AVRCP functions, but it should work.

NOTES:

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to use this Pandora apk file with no ads and unlimited skips; USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. If Pandora bans your account for skipping too many songs, please do not try and hold me liable. Consider yourself warned.

DOWNLOAD:

Pandora 4.1 AVRCP\Unlimited Skips\No Ads

Just Sharing!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to h3rnand3zz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arathorn4
Old
Thanks Meter 10
So in laymen's terms ... Is this the normal Pandora app but tweaked to enable unlimited listening? It still functions the same as the app I have now?
Keep reading, keep smiling

Vegasden
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by arathorn4 View Post
So in laymen's terms ... Is this the normal Pandora app but tweaked to enable unlimited listening? It still functions the same as the app I have now?
Yes, but also displays song info via Bluetooth on newer radios equipped to do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vegasden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dustbinge
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can confirm that AVRCP metadata is working fine with my car radio. Thanks H3rnand3zz!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Device: SCH-I535
ROM: BoneStock 3

d0g
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Any chance of getting 4.2 ad-free with AVRCP?

There is some discussion of it here:
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/aud...formation.html

This is a link to ad-free 4.2, i think from Rydah (?)
http://db.tt/loyHIPBj

Cares
Old
Thanks Meter 134
I have both 4.2 adfree and unlimited skips. I would love to get AVRCP added to it.