Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,951 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root

Tip us?
 
Artimus009
Old
#21  
Artimus009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 825
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Jacksonvillle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook1 View Post
if I do the root can the store tell as I may try and return for white in 10 days when they get more in stock. Just not liking the Titanium but also cant wait to root
Read the op...
AT&T SGSIII rocking KT747
 
annewbie
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 95
Join Date: Sep 2010
Hi all,

First time Samsung Galaxy owner. Sorry I have a stupid question. As per the Root instructions:

- Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
- Unzip the attached Odin3-vX.X.zip file
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

I don't see when I should first connect my phone to computer. Can anyone please clarify? Thank you in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to annewbie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sonny21
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by annewbie View Post
Hi all,

First time Samsung Galaxy owner. Sorry I have a stupid question. As per the Root instructions:

- Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
- Unzip the attached Odin3-vX.X.zip file
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

I don't see when I should first connect my phone to computer. Can anyone please clarify? Thank you in advance.
His saying that encase you had it connected in the first place. The first time you connect it to your computer is when you "Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5" from odin and your phone is in download mode.."- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button,"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonny21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
annewbie
Old
(Last edited by annewbie; 10th November 2012 at 12:51 AM.)
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 95
Join Date: Sep 2010
Thanks a lot sonny21 for your prompt response.

I clicked Start button and got below message:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-t0ltecan-sghi317m.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

But my phone doesn't reboot. An Android on my screen and it said downloading... Do not turn off target.

What should I do now?
 
Camaro1LE
Old
#25  
Camaro1LE's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 148
Join Date: Jun 2011
Worked great on both of my att i317... thanks for your work!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
 
funtimez
Old
#26  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 62
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by annewbie View Post
Thanks a lot sonny21 for your prompt response.

I clicked Start button and got below message:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-t0ltecan-sghi317m.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

But my phone doesn't reboot. An Android on my screen and it said downloading... Do not turn off target.

What should I do now?
im getting the same thing here. followed tut to the t
 
annewbie
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 95
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimez View Post
im getting the same thing here. followed tut to the t
Hi funtimez,

Did you click the Start button again? Did you disconnect your device while on that screen? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to annewbie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
funtimez
Old
#28  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 62
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by annewbie View Post
Thanks a lot sonny21 for your prompt response.

I clicked Start button and got below message:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-t0ltecan-sghi317m.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

But my phone doesn't reboot. An Android on my screen and it said downloading... Do not turn off target.

What should I do now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by annewbie View Post
Hi funtimez,

Did you click the Start button again? Did you disconnect your device while on that screen? Thanks.
i turned it off by holding the power button then i disconnected the cable. all is good. sorry took so long to post back but the forum wont let me post more than 1 every 5 mins cuz im new here.
 
annewbie
Old
#29  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 95
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimez View Post
i turned it off by holding the power button then i disconnected the cable. all is good. sorry took so long to post back but the forum wont let me post more than 1 every 5 mins cuz im new here.
So is your phone rooted eventually?
 
funtimez
Old
#30  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 62
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by annewbie View Post
So is your phone rooted eventually?
no. im still trying

The Following User Says Thank You to funtimez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes