Note: Root Required
1. Set "Settings" -> "Display" -> "Sleep" -> "10 minutes"
2. Install or update "Busybox" from play store
3. Set your phone to "Airplane" mode
4. Make sure that the card is not less than 2Gb of free space
5. Use any one of the following:
BakupTool_sdcard.zip saves a backup copy on the path: /mnt/sdcard/backup_v2
BakupTool_sdcard2.zip saves a backup copy on the path: /mnt/sdcard2/backup_v2
6. Extract the BakupTool_* to sdcard. Full path to the file should be: / sdcard / gscript
7. Install program: /sdcard /gscript /"GScriptLite.apk"
8. Open the program "GScriptLite". Press "Menu button" -> "Add Script"
9. Set tick "Needs SU"
10. Click "Load file" and select "back_mt657x.sh"
11. Click the button "Save"
12. Tap on a new script, "back_mt657x.sh". After that give the program root permissions if asked and wait for 5- 10 minutes. Do not use the phone during the process.
A sign of a normal shutdown of the script is:
Message in the terminal:
100% Backup Complite!!!
Saved to / sdcard/backup_v2/GGGGMMDD-ChChmm
Star Time: hh: mm: ss; End Time: hh: mm: ss
The appearance at the root of SD-card phone the following structure of folders and files:
There are two methods to restore the backup/dump.
Method 1: SP Flash Tool
1. Move the backup_v2 folder from "SDcard" ("Phone storage" if you have used script from BakupTool_sdcard2.zip) to your windows PC.
2. Download and unzip/extract MTK6575 Drivers.zip on your Windows PC, just run InstallDriver.exe to install drivers.
3. Download preloader + scatter (micromax a90).zip and SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1207.03.zip, unzip/extract them
4. Open extracted preloader + scatter (micromax a90) folder and move "preloader_gionee75_cu_ics.bin" and "MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\
5. Now open extracted SP Flash Tool folder and run Flash_tool.exe
6. Click on "Scatter-loading" button which is on the right side below Downloading Agent. A new window will open. Browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ folder and select MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file. A error message will occur, but ignore that and click OK
7. Flash tool will populate the Map file on the application window. You will see multiple entries. Uncheck DSP_BL, SEC_RO, EBR2 and FAT.
Click on PRELOADER and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "preloader_gionee75_cu_ics.bin"
Click on MBR and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "mbr.img"
Click on EBR1 and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "ebr1.img"
Click on UBOOT and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "uboot.img"
Click on BOOTIMG and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "boot.img"
Click on RECOVERY and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "recovery.img"
Click on LOGO and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "logo.img"
Click on ANDROID and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "system.img"
Click on CACHE and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\misk and select "cache.img"
Click on USRDATA and browse to backup_v2\YYYYMMDD-hhmm\ and select "data.img"
9. Click on "Download". Warning message will occur, but ignore that and click Yes
10. You will see in the status bar below "Searching", now connect your phone (without battery inserted) via the USB cable
11. Wait for the process to finish and then you will get a window showing green circle
Congrats! You have flashed your backup
Method 2: Clockworkmod Recovery Method
1. Flash the CWM recovery using the guide given here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1978675
2. After successfully flashing the CWM recovery open File Manager and click on SD Card (Click on Phone storage if you have used script from BakupTool_sdcard2.zip)
3. Create new folder "clockworkmod". Open it and again create new folder "backup"
4. Now go to the root of your SD Card (go to the root of your Phone storage if you have used script from BakupTool_sdcard2.zip). Search for "backup_v2" folder, open it and go to "YYYYMMDD-hhmm" folder.
5. Move "BDRS-YYYYMMDD-hhmm" folder to SD Card\clockworkmod\backup (move to Phone storage\clockworkmod\backup if you have used script from BakupTool_sdcard2), after this switch off your phone
6. Switch on the phone with "Volume Up" and "Power" button pressed. The Phone will boot into CWM recovery
7. In CWM recovery using volume keys and power button go to "backup and restore" and choose "restore" (choose "restore from internal sdcard" if you have used script from BakupTool_sdcard2)
8. Select the backup "BDRS-YYYYMMDD-hhmm" and choose "Yes - Restore"
9. Wait till CWM recovery restores your backup. When restore completes choose "reboot system now"
Congrats! You have restored your backup
Warning: Please don't use SP Flash Tool to download ROM not meant for your phone, it will brick it. After you have download wrong "PRELOADER", your phone will be completely dead, cannot power on, no charging, no recovery, no USB vcom detection