Nexus 10 - Where To Buy, Price, Shipping, E.T.C...

Search This thread

cueball19826

Jan 26, 2011
There are many other choices.

For me the reasons to NOT get the Nexus 9 was it has 4:3 ratio meaning a lot more wasted screen for 16:9 videos relative to other tablets (Nexus 7, LG GPAD 8.3, Nexus 10, etc), plus it was silly high money (but Appletards would think it reasonably priced).

I got the LG GPAD 8.3 in some sale months back cost me about $199 I think, and it is perfectly fine, it can be held in one hand like Nexus 7 and has a big screen nearly all useable by 16:9 videos, and a SD slot (I got a 64GB for $30) so its got plenty of capacity, and it is well supported by Cyanogenmod and custom ROMs, I'm running a AOSP with small tweeks ROM so that is basically very close to what you'd get with a Nexus device.

I'd not buy a Nexus 10 now if I didn't already own one due to its age, mine is now getting rapid battery death if left unplugged for more than an hour so I use it in my bed to watch videos and only unplug for short times moving around the house. My GPAD is my more take-from-home device.

If I were buying something now, I'd look at the more recent sales of the Samsung Tab S 8.4 but confirm the CM support. Or if i were looking for a faster machine look out for sales of the Nvidia Shield Tablet.

Thanks for the response. I had also thought of the Galaxy Note pro line, but those are quite expensive and coming from the Galaxy S4 on Verizon, it left a sour taste in my mouth. With a tablet though, I may not encounter some of the lock downs that are administered by Verizon.

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Thanks for the response. I had also thought of the Galaxy Note pro line, but those are quite expensive and coming from the Galaxy S4 on Verizon, it left a sour taste in my mouth. With a tablet though, I may not encounter some of the lock downs that are administered by Verizon.

The N10's primary benefit is large good screen and forward stereo speakers so its a pleasure for just media watching, but by modern standards it is slow so dont load with many apps or use Greenify to keep the key apps only running.

I have a OnePlusOne with plenty of fast everything so I tend to use that next to the N10 when at home, e.g. watching Hulu on N10 and during ads look at other stuff on OPO. So long as you don't overload the N10 it is a dream for media watching.

If you do go to buy used N10, make sure the battery isn't old fried.

The Tab S should be coming due to some discounting... Android Police usually are fast with letting you know of offers, use RSS to be notified for [deal alerts]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So now I have to sift through a bunch of stuff about where it's going to be sold in the US to find the bits about where it's going to be sold in the UK? Are we rationing threads now?

Ridiculous.
    cant you stole one from a Palestinian like you do with everything else ?

Just joking ;)

Too soon.

And please, lets not drag politics into XDA. This is a sensitive issue on both sides, and there's plenty of other places to discuss this thing outside of this forum.

A forum, I might add, that brings together people from all walks of life, from all over the world. Check your ideology at the door if you can.

The only religious wars we should be having here are defending Android from the infidels using iOS and the heretics using Windows 8. :)
    In order to keep this forum clean i have closed the following threads -

Nexus 10 Price Tag Sighting at WalMart!!
    Looks like it will be in UK Currys PCWorld on 13th
    Will be sold at Walmart. Cover attachment is ugly.

Please use this thread to discuss anything related to where you bought your device, how much it cost, how much was shipping and how long for shipping.

Thanks
    The Nexus 10 Moderation Team
    Ok, it seems that my decision to make one thread about buying the Nexus 10 and the reason is a little foggy to some people, so let me try and clear it up for everyone. Yes we could make a thread just for the UK and the US, but you would then have to make one for the other 6/7 countries you can buy the Nexus 10 in being, Austraila, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan, so having 8 threads on where to buy the Nexus 10 in my mind is not needed. These types of thread only have a short life span and will die away after a few months, because most people would have bought it by then, also these type of threads dont pick up that much traffic, so sifting through and finding the infomation you need won't be that hard, remember the search button it's really good at finding you the answer you need. So lets please not fill this thread up with anymore should we or not have more than one thread.

Thanks
    The-Hulk
    Exactly my point I made a couple of days ago. Got fed up and asked to cancel my order only to be told it couldn't be cancelled because it was in the process of shipping which was 4 days ago. Said once I got a tracking number I could cancel. Well if I never get one then how the hell do I cancel? I got my bank involved Friday and they will reverse the charge on Monday and deal with Google. Now that I've lost confidence in Google I now have a nice new iPad 4 which is pretty damn sweet even if it is apple. None of the stuttering I've seen reported in games n10 users have talked about but that's nothing anyone here is interested in... Good luck I hope your nexus is everything you hoped it to be.

You bought an iPad 4 because the nexus didn't ship fast enough? Two things:

1. You did not hurt Google by not buying the tablet.

2. You just gave support to the most evil corporation in existence.

At least you can go to the Apple forums now and tell each other how awesome your iPad is. Enjoy the hell that is iTunes, and have fun trying to side load anything on that POS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2