5,599,337 Members 38,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 - Where To Buy, Price, Shipping, E.T.C...

Tip us?
 
Gaugerer
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 715
Join Date: Sep 2011
I just rang the main UK PCWorld customer service number and they say the Nexus 10 will not be available for about another week and definitely not on the 13 th. They also had no information about price or models.

So it seems unlikely that anyone in the UK is going to be able to pick one up at a local store on the 13th and the choice is between ordering from the Play store on the 13th or waiting till about the 18th to get one from PCWorld.

The delivery time for the Play store is about 2-days according to the Play store order site so I might go with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaugerer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dja357
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugerer View Post
I just rang the main UK PCWorld customer service number and they say the Nexus 10 will not be available for about another week and definitely not on the 13 th. They also had no information about price or models.

So it seems unlikely that anyone in the UK is going to be able to pick one up at a local store on the 13th and the choice is between ordering from the Play store on the 13th or waiting till about the 18th to get one from PCWorld.

The delivery time for the Play store is about 2-days according to the Play store order site so I might go with that.
I guess Google has put some restrictions on them selling it. I can't see any other reason why they wouldn't be putting it on the shelves on Tuesday.
 
JupiterdroidXDA
Old
#23  
JupiterdroidXDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 442
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmasterx View Post
well not a shot to buy from handtek they are greedy uk prices are 319gbp for 16gb and 389 for 32gb and prices on handtek are too high for my taste ,really the profit margin of them is redicilius high and the review of their site over the net is not so well ,even if i am not in lauch countries i will not be tempted by them ,i will wait a bit longer ....
That's the price on the Google Play store too for the UK.

Lol you have to love XDA

JD
JD@XDA

Twitter:@CCNPInkers
 
The-Kevster
Old
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 218
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London, UK
Just been told by Curry's in Bluewater that they'll be selling them on Tuesday.

Slightly mixed messages!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Dja357
Old
#25  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Kevster View Post
Just been told by Curry's in Bluewater that they'll be selling them on Tuesday.

Slightly mixed messages!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe the customer service number was referring to the online store? (Hope so!)
 
plaktoets
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 193
Join Date: Jun 2008
Does anyone have an idea how fast the N10 will be sold out from the playstore? What happened when the N7 went for sale?
 
dragonmasterx
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 65
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterdroidXDA View Post
That's the price on the Google Play store too for the UK.

Lol you have to love XDA

JD
you dont understand they sell the 16gb version for 382gb and the 32gb for 468 you realise that we speak for a high profit margin from a prespective of a buyer they are not realistic
 
Dja357
Old
#28  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Kevster View Post
Just been told by Curry's in Bluewater that they'll be selling them on Tuesday.

Slightly mixed messages!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Well I've just been to a Currys and a PC World in Lancaster.

The girl in Currys said that they don't usually get the new products but PC World do.

PC World guy looked it up and said that it's in their system but they don't have stock yet because it's on a "preference hold" or something. He said it wouldn't be available for a few weeks.

So unless the girl in Currys was misinformed and PC World are holding off so that they can sell it in Currys, it doesn't look like they're going to be available on release day in store.
 
Miracle1980
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 108
Join Date: Mar 2011
It is becoming annoying that WE (Customers) have to find out/discover HOW and WHERE to buy a product from the ''SELLER''!
Before it was working a bit different, with SELLERS knocking at our doors...
The Following User Says Thank You to Miracle1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Menschik
Old
#30  
Menschik's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle1980 View Post
It is becoming annoying that WE (Customers) have to find out/discover HOW and WHERE to buy a product from the ''SELLER''!
Before it was working a bit different, with SELLERS knocking at our doors...
I have to agree, spending time researching the availability seems stupid.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes