[Q] Stock Samsung camera for cyanogenmod?

OP miamimuffin

11th November 2013, 08:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

44 posts
More
Is there a way I can get the stock Samsung jelly bean camera app on cyanogenmod? I find it better quality than the focal camera.

Also, no matter what cyanogenmod based ROM I use, it crashes when I try to use the camera through third party camera apps like snapchat. Sometimes it will crash and when reboots, the battery ends up at around 10%
18th November 2013, 02:40 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

44 posts
More
Bump. Does anyone know if this can be done?
18th November 2013, 12:31 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,286

1,292 posts
More
The stock Samsung camera app won't work on AOSP-based roms, so there's answer #1.

Regarding your other problem, I've never heard of any trouble with 3rd party camera apps, 4.2.2 and lower. If you're running 4.3 roms, then it's likely the software - although I've still not read of any problems from other users.

Personally I've stayed on 4.2.2 and use the FastBurst camera app and it works perfectly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2013, 11:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy

The stock Samsung camera app won't work on AOSP-based roms, so there's answer #1.

Regarding your other problem, I've never heard of any trouble with 3rd party camera apps, 4.2.2 and lower. If you're running 4.3 roms, then it's likely the software - although I've still not read of any problems from other users.

Personally I've stayed on 4.2.2 and use the FastBurst camera app and it works perfectly.

Yea I'm running 4.3.1. I'm going to use 4.2 and see.
8th January 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

Is this true in any Cyanogenmod version and any Samsung device?
8th January 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta

1,292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxax

Is this true in any Cyanogenmod version and any Samsung device?

As far as I know, yes. You'd have to modify the framework in order for the Sammy camera to work on AOSP, but I haven't come across any guide on how to do so, or seen a mod. There was a 9100 rom back in the old days that was a hybrid (Chameleon), but it never quite ported properly, if I remember correctly.
Last edited by SteveMurphy; 8th January 2014 at 09:40 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #7  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,190

2,163 posts
More
Quote:

As far as I know, yes. You'd have to modify the framework in order for the Sammy camera to work on AOSP, but I haven't come across any guide on how to do so, or seen a mod. There was a 9100 rom back in the old days that was a hybrid (Chameleon), but it never quite ported properly, if I remember correctly.

Sammy does have a good camera app. Any third party camera app suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-S959G
12th January 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta

1,292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

Sammy does have a good camera app. Any third party camera app suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-S959G

The only one I use is Fast Burst. The tradeoff is occasionally the picture quality isn't exactly perfect, but I've taken some really great looking pictures with it and the burst feature is the best I've seen on any camera app.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #9  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 551

3,139 posts
More
I would love to see someone be able to port the Samsung camera to CM11. It's a hundred times better than that lame photosphere camera. I'm honestly contimplating switching back to Bonsai to get my sammy apps back. S-Pen included
17th January 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #10  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,190

2,163 posts
More
Quote:

The only one I use is Fast Burst. The tradeoff is occasionally the picture quality isn't exactly perfect, but I've taken some really great looking pictures with it and the burst feature is the best I've seen on any camera app.

Hey man great advice as always! Love this camera! It's very "Samsung-ish" and it's fast! Holy cow it's fast! Bought the paid version i liked it so much. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-S959G

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee

I would love to see someone be able to port the Samsung camera to CM11. It's a hundred times better than that lame photosphere camera. I'm honestly contimplating switching back to Bonsai to get my sammy apps back. S-Pen included

Try the fast burst camera from play store of you like the Samsung camera

Sent from my SGH-S959G

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, camera, cyanogenmod, focal, snapchat
Previous Thread Next Thread