[Q] i777 Rooted with stock ATT OTA 4.0.4 compatible kernel with CWM Recovery

OP BeenAndroidized

26th January 2013, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

1,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
Before I go into flashing kernel I have a question to ask. Which kernel that is compatible to the att 4.0.4? Just want to make sure before I flash it through Odin Mobile Lite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
26th January 2013, 01:36 AM   |  #2  
Re: [Q] i777 Rooted with stock ATT OTA 4.0.4 compatible kernel with CWM Recovery
Are you wanting a kernel to use in place of the stock one for everyday use? Or are you wanting a kernel with CWM to flash a new ROM?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Red_81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] i777 Rooted with stock ATT OTA 4.0.4 compatible kernel with CWM Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

Are you wanting a kernel to use in place of the stock one for everyday use? Or are you wanting a kernel with CWM to flash a new ROM?

With CWM to flash a new ROM that also compatible for stock one. If any.

26th January 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #4  
Your best bet is the Siyah kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1592228

You should be able to flash this zip in mobile Odin.

26th January 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks. I'll try it.

26th January 2013, 05:12 AM   |  #6  
I just noticed you said lite. Lite won't flash the zip. You will need to unzip the zimage file first.

26th January 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

1,267 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks again.

27th February 2015, 06:54 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
help please
I have an i777 that absolutely refuses to allow CWM. I have tried Siyah kernel on both GB and ICS stock roms, as well as AJK kernel on JB stock from. I am far from giving up but this has caused me so much headache and I've never bricked a phone as much as I've done this. Needless to say, I've learned a lot but I have yet to figure it out. If anyone could offer some advice or things to try I certainly would appreciate it.
I am currently running stock 4.0.3 with Siyah 4.3.3 kernel.
28th February 2015, 03:00 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,127

2,521 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.hamra

I have an i777 that absolutely refuses to allow CWM. I have tried Siyah kernel on both GB and ICS stock roms, as well as AJK kernel on JB stock from. I am far from giving up but this has caused me so much headache and I've never bricked a phone as much as I've done this. Needless to say, I've learned a lot but I have yet to figure it out. If anyone could offer some advice or things to try I certainly would appreciate it.
I am currently running stock 4.0.3 with Siyah 4.3.3 kernel.

Assuming your phone is in fully working condition, then there is evidently something you are missing in your understanding of how the phone works. The SGH-I777 is different in that the recovery is built in to the kernel, and *not* installed separately in it's own partition. From reading the above, I'm wondering if your are trying to install a separate recovery, or if you art trying to install ClockworkMod from the play store by installing Rom Manager?

To help you get through this, I need to know exactly what you are doing that is not working for you, in a step by step explanation.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 03:47 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thank you for your reply. I had feared this was a dead thread.
I am aware that custom recovery is embedded in the kernels themselves and not a standalone as I have encountered with my Hercules.
As for what I have tried. From manager from play store will flash 100% but never give me a complete notice which, I believe, is a successful download but not flash.
As far as kernels are concerned. I have used ones that are compatable with stock rooms. I've tried a couple that don't. All have failed to yield me with my desired result.

Is there a piece of code that I can modify to get the kernel embeded recovery to kill stock Sammy?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread