XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T to AIO issues with mobile data

Tip us?

stormcrow007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] AT&T to AIO issues with mobile data

I am having some issues making the switch and needed some help.
I purchased my Galaxy S2 from AT&T awhile back, rooted and installed task650's AOKP rom after I had issues with the ICS update, and have been running the latest build happily ever since with no problems. After my contract was up I got an unlock code from AT&T, purchased a sim from AIO and installed it. The phone booted up and never asked for the unlock code. I am able to make and receive calls and texts, but mobile data doesn't work. WiFi works just fine. I installed and ran GalaxSimUnlock and Galaxy S Unlock. Both programs indicated my phone was unlocked.

Is this an issue with AIO? The signal bars say AT&T on the phone, but I just assumed since AT&T owns AIO this was normal. Do I need to install a different rom and try to unlock again? I am going to try and track down a sim from a different carrier and see if that works. I have tried dialing *#7465625# to check the unlock status, but it returns the error "connection problem or invalid mmi code".

I have searched for answers, but I am clueless. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

chrisd87
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Sounds like your APN settings are not configured correctly with your new sim. Go into your APN settings and let us know what is set.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chrisd87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stormcrow007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd87 View Post
Sounds like your APN settings are not configured correctly with your new sim. Go into your APN settings and let us know what is set.
Here are screenshots of the only settings I could find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-15-12-42-31.png
Views:	12
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	2688405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-15-12-42-59.png
Views:	10
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	2688406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-15-12-46-30.png
Views:	10
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	2688407  

stormcrow007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I went on aio's site and found how to manually enter APN settings.
Followed the directions and all seems to be working now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

AppleIMEI
Old
Thanks Meter 0
tnh